Quitting on the stool...

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's your most memorable fighter that quit on the stool?

Hoyce, no-brainer...but was after 90mns...

BJ too...

Marco Huas vs Otsuka (was sick), vs Maurice x2...

Hickson almost quit in his 1st fight vs Rei Zulu, were it not for his father...

Didn't watch the video but the chick in the thumbnail wasn't allowed to quit. If she did, I would have made $160. Her coaches suck.

UFC should introduce an I quit match.

CB according to Herb Dean

Royce Gracie quitting was great.
Was that the fight where had 10 times the amount of testosterone in his body of a regular human =

Not MMA but definitely the most shocking instance I have seen

Hoyce, no-brainer...but was after 90mns...

BJ too...

Marco Huas vs Otsuka (was sick), vs Maurice x2...

Hickson almost quit in his 1st fight vs Rei Zulu, were it not for his father...
Personally I think Royce would of tried to continue if his father hadnt stopped it and got smashed even worse

BJ was the most high-profile and most memorable to me. Overall, MMA has a problem of a macho mentality that views stopping the fight as dishonorable. This leads to the Raquel Pennington situation and others like it. For all of its flaws, I feel boxing does a better hob of putting the fighter’s health and career first, ahead of appearances and ideals.

BJ was the most high-profile and most memorable to me. Overall, MMA has a problem of a macho mentality that views stopping the fight as dishonorable. This leads to the Raquel Pennington situation and others like it. For all of its flaws, I feel boxing does a better hob of putting the fighter’s health and career first, ahead of appearances and ideals.

Did it change when the first person died in a high level boxing fight? Same might happen in MMA eventually. If someone died in the UFC, it would drastically change the culture in the sport.

Did it change when the first person died in a high level boxing fight? Same might happen in MMA eventually. If someone died in the UFC, it would drastically change the culture in the sport.
Plenty of MMA fighters have died from the sport.

boxing does a better job? did you see calzaghe vs lacey?

Not gonna watch the video but I'm sure Chris Leban is in there. He stood out to me because I always was rooting for him. Had moments of brilliance in his career like when he subbed sexyama. I remember when Hall dropped him and he barely survived and I was thinking, "There we go! Time for Leban to come back swinging this round!" like he always did but he said, "I'm fuckin done." and retired.

Back