R.I.P. Malcolm X

the movie malcolm x showed he was killed by nation of islam.

I don't really know much about him, other Han the shit pushed by he mainstream education system. Can you recommend a good, honest read about him?

Can't beat the man's own version.

AutobiographyOfMalcolmX.JPG

Interesting take, I still think a lot of his lingering relevance is owed to how great a look he had. Similar to Che Guevara, in cultural relevance not anything specific message-wise, he looks striking on a t-shirt, but most people take only a very shallow interest in what he stood for.

From your reference: "When Malcolm X became a Sunni Muslim, made the hajj, and wrote to the members of MMI from Mecca about his pilgrimage and how it had forced him to reject the racism"

From my reference: "MMI was a relatively small group that collapsed after its founder was assassinated."

Literally has the words "a small group".

RIP brother Malcolm. Long dead but never forgotten.

He's just ahead of George Wallace as my favorite reformed segregationist.

That " small group" was Sunni Islam. It was after he performed the hajj pilgrimage and witnessed how the Arabs and other Muslims had this egalitarian approach to life. It's in his bio.
Funny that TS emphasizes that it was black Muslims that killed him but just happened to leave out the event that triggered his epiphany.

God I love that quote.

Malcom X is one of America's greats. He should be more celebrated.
I remember in high school I had to pick a "great American" to do a project on. I wanted to do Malcolm X since I had heard of him and thought he seemed interesting but my teacher flipped out and said no way because "muh violence" or some other stupid shit.

I remember in high school I had to pick a "great American" to do a project on. I wanted to do Malcolm X since I had heard of him and thought he seemed interesting but my teacher flipped out and said no way because "muh violence" or some other stupid shit.

I did a paper on Billy Blanks for a holocaust class. I knew she was old and I could get away with it.

Few people know of his relevance to the holocaust as a black man that saved many jewish lives.

url.jpg

Fuck him. Hopefully he can be forgotten someday.

Do you know how to divide "feelings" from "facts"?

Malcolm X deserves some respect. His heart was pure when he left this world. He knew it was coming, and he refused to stop. I admire that. You should also you fucking prick.

I was never a fan of the "by any means necessary" reasoning.
In full context....

We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.

— Malcolm X, 1965

A useful quote from one of his letters....
...on this pilgrimage, what I have seen, and experienced, has forced me to re-arrange much of my thought-patterns previously held, and to toss aside some of my previous conclusions. This was not too difficult for me. Despite my firm convictions, I have always been a man who tries to face facts, and to accept the reality of life as new experience and new knowledge unfolds it. I have always kept an open mind, which is necessary to the flexibility that must go hand in hand with every form of intelligent search for truth.

R.I.P Malcolm

He was always an inspiration. With the white nationalist movement gaining popularity in the US and Europe it may be time to revisit some of his ideas and teachings.

Also if you dig into COINTELPRO the FBI and J Edgar Hoover there's enough information available to at least intelligently dispute the claim that he was killed by members of the Nation of Islam.

Back