R. Lee Ermey has passed away at 74

jefferz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
R. Lee Ermey, a former Marine Corps drill instructor known to millions of moviegoers as the sadistic Gunnery Sgt. Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket," died Sunday morning, according to his longtime manager. He was 74.

In a statement posted on Twitter, Bill Rogin said Ermey had died due to complications from pneumonia.

"He will be greatly missed by all of us," Rogin wrote. "Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-jacket-actor-r-lee-ermey-dies-at-age-74.html

R. Lee Ermey, a former Marine Corps drill instructor known to millions of moviegoers as the sadistic Gunnery Sgt. Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket," died Sunday morning, according to his longtime manager. He was 74.

In a statement posted on Twitter, Bill Rogin said Ermey had died due to complications from pneumonia.

"He will be greatly missed by all of us," Rogin wrote. "Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-jacket-actor-r-lee-ermey-dies-at-age-74.html
giphy.gif

Aw, man. My kids know him from the Toy Story movies. RIP.

R.I.P. Loved all kinds of movies/shows he did. Horrible few days. First Art Bell now this.

He was one of the reasons I tried to become a Marine.

obviously his role in FMJ was the best, but I loved his show Locked N Loaded on the history channel. When the history channel was actually good.

"Marines die, that's what we're here for, but the Marine Corps lives forever, and that means YOU live forever"

Semper Fi Gunny

From Coastie Maggot

He single-handily made Full Metal Jacket as memorable and as great as it was. He stole every scene he was in. RIP

RIP what a fun memorable person/character.

Damn. He lived one hell of a life though. He went out after leaving his mark on the world

Since I was in the Marine Corps, I always loved the movie Full Metal Jacket. The boot camp scenes are so realistic. A few years back, I got to meet the Gunny. He was such an awesome guy.

Semper Fi and RIP Gunny

Wow, I’m actually a little surprised to learn he was only 74, that’s only two years older than my Dad. If you had asked me to guess his age honestly I would have guessed that he was closer in age to Clint Eastwood, who’s 87.

Back