Racist British conductor loses job for white supremacy

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
White supremacy apparently is on the rise in the US, and it seems that even visiting white people from other countries are getting into the act. Matthew Halls is a British conductor who white privileged his way into a pretty sweet gig as artistic director for the prestigious Oregon Bach Festival, which is run by the University of Oregon. He was abruptly fired from this position at the end of August for an apparently racist exchange he had with a classical singer named Reginald Mobley, who is black.

Halls and Mobley had been chatting at a reception held last month during this year’s Oregon Bach Festival, when the subject turned to a concert in London in which Mobley had performed.

The singer, who was born and raised in the southern state of Florida, said the concert had an “antebellum” feel to it, of the sort associated with Gone With the Wind and other rose-tinted representations of the pre-Civil War south.

In response Mobley says that Halls “apologised on behalf of England”, before putting on an exaggerated southern accent and joking: “Do you want some grits?”, in a reference to the ground corn dish popular in the south.

“I’m from the deep south and Matthew often makes fun of the southern accent just as I often make fun of his British accent,” said Mobley. “Race was not an issue. He was imitating a southern accent, not putting on a black accent, and there was nothing racist or malicious about it.”

But the singer suspects that a white woman who overheard their conversation and spoke to him moments later went on to report it to the university, alleging Halls had made a racist joke.

Here's the kicker:

An internal inquiry into the incident is understood to have been held as a result of the complaint.

However, Mobley was not invited to give evidence and he says there is a deep irony in the fact the authorities appear to have assumed on his behalf that he would have objected to the joke.

“I’m the subject of a falsified story, without having the chance to have my say,” he said. “My voice has been taken away in a conversation about race that involved me, and technically that’s racist.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...acked-us-music-festival-joke-labelled-racist/

Sort of sums up the mentality of a lot of these "white saviours", doesn't it? They're so offended on behalf of these poor helpless minorities (who they think of as pets, essentially) that they don't need to worry about little details like context, or said minority's opinion or anything like that to ruin a Nazi's livelihood. Anyone who would crack a joke about grits in a southern accent to a black man doesn't deserve to be employed. I for one am shocked that outrage culture would lead to ridiculous situations like this.

DJnxW4bVYAAWwxr.jpg

White supremacy apparently is on the rise in the US, and it seems that even visiting white people from other countries are getting into the act. Matthew Halls is a British conductor who white privileged his way into a pretty sweet gig as artistic director for the prestigious Oregon Bach Festival, which is run by the University of Oregon. He was abruptly fired from this position at the end of August for an apparently racist exchange he had with a classical singer named Reginald Mobley, who is black.

Here's the kicker:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...acked-us-music-festival-joke-labelled-racist/

Sort of sums up the mentality of a lot of these "white saviours", doesn't it? They're so offended on behalf of these poor helpless minorities (who they think of as pets, essentially) that they don't need to worry about little details like context, or said minority's opinion or anything like that to ruin a Nazi's livelihood. Anyone who would crack a joke about grits in a southern accent to a black man doesn't deserve to be employed. I for one am shocked that outrage culture would lead to ridiculous situations like this.

DJnxW4bVYAAWwxr.jpg
Posted this in another thread. It's disturbing, especially considering they are buddies and had worked together a lot before.

Hoping the decision makers rethink the matter. And that the woman's name doesn't come out.

minorities are often used as a political football for the left

"
In this deceitful American game of power politics, the Negroes (i.e., the race problem, the integration and civil rights issues) are nothing but tools, used by one group of whites called Liberals against another group of whites called Conservatives, either to get into power or to remain in power. Among whites here in America, the political teams are no longer divided into Democrats and Republicans. The whites who are now struggling for control of the American political throne are divided into “liberal” and “conservative” camps. The white liberals from both parties cross party lines to work together toward the same goal, and white conservatives from both parties do likewise.

The white liberal differs from the white conservative only in one way: the liberal is more deceitful than the conservative. The liberal is more hypocritical than the conservative. Both want power, but the white liberal is the one who has perfected the art of posing as the Negro’s friend and benefactor; and by winning the friendship, allegiance, and support of the Negro, the white liberal is able to use the Negro as a pawn or tool in this political “football game” that is constantly raging between the white liberals and white conservatives.

Politically the American Negro is nothing but a football and the white liberals control this mentally dead ball through tricks of tokenism: false promises of integration and civil rights. In this profitable game of deceiving and exploiting the political politician of the American Negro, those white liberals have the willing cooperation of the Negro civil rights leaders. These “leaders” sell out our people for just a few crumbs of token recognition and token gains. These “leaders” are satisfied with token victories and token progress because they themselves are nothing but token leaders"- Malcom X

if you think of minorities as helpless children that need to be sheltered and coddled, then you understand a lot of democrat talking points

feel like i should add, even though its softening my stance, that i understand WHY theyre rationalizing his exclusion from the meeting

they dont want to set a precedent where the racist can be absolved by the minority coming to his rescue. they dont want a racist to get in trouble, and then he has his gang pressure the black guy into saying he wasnt actually offended to let him off the hook

its still dumb to me though, theyre taking away Mr.Mobley's voice and not giving him the option to share his opinion

feel like i should add, even though its softening my stance, that i understand WHY theyre rationalizing his exclusion from the meeting

they dont want to set a precedent where the racist can be absolved by the minority coming to his rescue. they dont want a racist to get in trouble, and then he has his gang pressure the black guy into saying he wasnt actually offended to let him off the hook

its still dumb to me though, theyre taking away Mr.Mobley's voice and not giving him the option to share his opinion

I think the point was that it wasn't racist to begin with. It was someone jumping the gun to take offense on someone else's behalf, when in reality the paranoid interpretation wasn't accurate.

Sort of sums up the mentality of a lot of these "white saviours", doesn't it?

No, it doesn't. It sums up that some people overhear things out of context and the employer did a shitty job investigating the claim. If anything, it sums up a very small portion of people who have to ram their shit into everyone else's business as well.

I think the point was that it wasn't racist to begin with. It was someone jumping the gun to take offense for someone else behalf, when in reality the paranoid interpretation wasn't accurate.

I agree, I just wanted to acknowledge the intentions of the people that I think are stupid

No, it doesn't. It sums up that some people overhear things out of context and the employer did a shitty job investigating the claim. If anything, it sums up a very small portion of people who have to ram their shit into everyone else's business as well.

It's a mentality that I've encountered a lot, people getting offended on someone else's behalf. Maybe it's just a lot more prevalent where I live though.

Look here I dont need yall getting offended for me.

When i punch a mfer in their jaw, they will know when and exactly where they have fucked up. Until then ease the fuck back and focus on passing fair laws... You know the shit that really matters.

You've never been to Oregon. I've lived in Portland since march 4 of 2001, I've watched it turn into a nuthouse. Walking on eggshells is an everyday experience, SJWs everywhere, looking for any excuse to cry foul, it's as if there is no hardship in their own lives, so they search it out, and if they can't find it, they make it up and pat themselves on the back. Bunch of fucking pussies

Look here I dont need yall getting offended for me.

When i punch a mfer in their jaw, they will know when and exactly where they have fucked up. Until then ease the fuck back and focus on passing fair laws... You know the shit that really matters.
^uncle Tom -liberals

Here's the kicker:

DJnxW4bVYAAWwxr.jpg

East Germany: By at least one estimate, the Stasi maintained greater surveillance over its own people than any secret police force in history. The Stasi employed one full-time agent for every 166 East Germans. The ratios swelled when informers were factored in: counting part-time informers, the Stasi had one informer per 6.5 people.

We are the Stasi
We are big brother
We are the camera on every street corner
We are gathering kindling for the stake

It's a mentality that I've encountered a lot, people getting offended on someone else's behalf. Maybe it's just a lot more prevalent where I live though.
It's a big time progressive thing that is infectious and spreading like gaingreen.

East Germany: By at least one estimate, the Stasi maintained greater surveillance over its own people than any secret police force in history. The Stasi employed one full-time agent for every 166 East Germans. The ratios swelled when informers were factored in: counting part-time informers, the Stasi had one informer per 6.5 people.

We are the Stasi
We are big brother
We are the camera on every street corner
We are gathering kindling for the stake

A break down of social trust, and the self policing in accordance to conditioned stimuli and paranoia about it

You end up with a population of these guys

invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-final-scene.jpg

OMG! That Confederate loving, neo-Nazi, white nationalist, fascist, racist, white supremacist, bigot!

Someone find me a statue to topple!

So you can't even have fun conversations if your white now. So two friends were joking around and 'avin a giggle and some bitch tattled to ruin someone's life?

This is even worse than that fucking c-word who secretly took pictures of those dudes who made a dongle joke and got them fired.

WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS WORLD.

#whitePrivilege

lol "white supremacy is on the rise". What, suddenly everyone is a racist and just realized it last year? This wasn't even a topic until the news made it one. This country has 350 million people so there are some racists just like there is some tuberculosis. If I put a goddamn highlighter pen on every case of TB, you might think we're a country riddled with TB. Turns out, both racism and TB are pretty rare.

Back