Rage 2 to (probably) be revealed

Law Talkin’ Guy

The Worm
@Gold
Reaction score
So there’s been some hints this week to suggest that id software/Bethesda might reveal Rage 2 either next week or at E3.

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2018/0...ssible-sequel?abthid=5af4bc599826625a0c000a21

Sort of an interesting development. I played through Rage in the fall of 2016, five years after its release. Was actually pretty good. Amazing graphics for last generation of consoles and really good shooting mechanics and enemy AI. I’m also a big fan of post apocalyptic settings.

IMO the game had two faults: I didn’t find the driving mechanics very fun, and secondly, the game completely lacked a proper ending. You’re on what appears to be a completely ordinary mission and then there’s a cutscene and the game is over. Obviously the game was rushed to completion.

I’m surprised they’re making another one to be honest. While good, I don’t think the game was a huge hit critically or commercially and it’s been dormant since 2011. It’s really random in my opinion for them to release another game in the series given those circumstances.

Cool. I played Rage last year for the first time but never finished it. I agree, the graphics were great for such an old game and the gameplay was pretty fun.

Rage was an okay game, that didn't really commit to a style. It felt like a loose, arcade-like shooter, that wanted to be something more, because "open world RPG" gameplay elements were all the rage(pardon the pun) back then. It's why you got some hub worlds like in Borderlands, or Fallout, with some light RPG elements, that just didn't fit. Lord knows what they were thinking with their car combat multiplayer mode as well.

I think Rage could be a good franchise if they just dialed it back like they did with Doom, and just made it a simple, no frills, balls to wall shooter, without all the extra bullshit that was in the last game.

Rage was an okay game, that didn't really commit to a style. It felt like a loose, arcade-like shooter, that wanted to be something more, because "open world RPG" gameplay elements were all the rage(pardon the pun) back then. It's why you got some hub worlds like in Borderlands, or Fallout, with some light RPG elements, that just didn't fit. Lord knows what they were thinking with their car combat multiplayer mode as well.

I think Rage could be a good franchise if they just dialed it back like they did with Doom, and just made it a simple, no frills, balls to wall shooter, without all the extra bullshit that was in the last game.

Well, like I said in the OP I’m surprised they’re even making a sequel, and at the same time I have to say I’m curious if they change its direction a bit. Maybe they focus more on being a shooter. Or maybe they make it more of a car game, who knows?

Well, like I said in the OP I’m surprised they’re even making a sequel, and at the same time I have to say I’m curious if they change its direction a bit. Maybe they focus more on being a shooter. Or maybe they make it more of a car game, who knows?

Perhaps it has a cult following?

I think it did okay critically, with most just taking issue with it's infamous lazy ending. I don't think it sold too well, but who knows what the developers are paying attention to? Maybe it was pirated enough, or whatever. There is some baffling shit that goes on in the industry. They even made a new "Prey" game after all.

I think it did okay critically, with most just taking issue with it's infamous lazy ending. I don't think it sold too well, but who knows what the developers are paying attention to? Maybe it was pirated enough, or whatever. There is some baffling shit that goes on in the industry. They even made a new "Prey" game after all.

True, although I thought the original Prey was a pretty cool game. Basically Portal before Portal. That being said I doubt it was a big hit sales wise, so the fact they rebooted it 11 years later is perplexing.

Yeah, but I thought the original Prey was a pretty good videogame. Like Portal before Portal.

That being said, I doubt it was a huge hit sales wise, so the fact they rebooted it 11 years later is bizarre.

There was a Prey 2 (open world bounty hunter in space and it sounded awesome) nearly content complete but word on the street is Bethesda tried to strong arm the studio into being bought out with extremely shady "business" tactics, the studio said fuck off so Bethesda canned the game. Thus, we got a game named Prey because using a name people kind of know is better/an easier sell than an entirely new IP.

There was a Prey 2 (open world bounty hunter in space and it sounded awesome) nearly content complete but word on the street is Bethesda tried to strong arm the studio into being bought out with extremely shady "business" tactics, the studio said fuck off so Bethesda canned the game

Yeah, there was definitely some weird shit that went down with the original Prey sequel. I remember they had a big E3 reveal, game was coming like a year down the road, and then Bethesda just canned it saying it didn't meet their standard of quality.

I don't remember too many games that were near complete that were outright cancelled over quality concerns. When you spend millions and millions of dollars producing a game, you're going to want to get some of that money back, regardless.

Yeah, it was rich Bethesda of all companies was claiming "standard of quality." It even won a bunch of E3 awards and got a lot of coverage.

Doom's creator made it and it showed. Great FPS arena-type combat, but the exploration and story were lacking. A fun hangover game, which could've been a 10 with more care put into characters and exploration via car. Felt back then it needed a sequel to build on that solid core and potential, so this is good news.

I'm interested. A big problem personally was how it ran. It wasn't unplayable, but the outside areas could get choppy and the mega-textures could look murky as hell even though I had a good video card at the time.

Both Wolfenstein games have run well for me recently, and Doom ran great on everything; so I'm guessing a new Rage will have stellar performance.

The gunplay was indeed sublime. Meaty shotgun, the boomerang thing was really fun to use and the enemy animations and variety were great. I never did play the DLC campaign...wonder if I still have a save file around somewhere. I think a sequel would turn out much better than the first game because id was very successful with their resurrection of DOOM and probably have larger budget and less technical restrictions like they had back in the 360/PS3 days.

I am pretty surprised it is getting a sequel. I haven't heard about that game in ages. It was alright but that's about all there is to say about it.

True, although I thought the original Prey was a pretty cool game. Basically Portal before Portal. That being said I doubt it was a big hit sales wise, so the fact they rebooted it 11 years later is perplexing.
Yeah, but I thought the original Prey was a pretty good videogame. Like Portal before Portal.

That being said, I doubt it was a huge hit sales wise, so the fact they rebooted it 11 years later is bizarre.

Why are these two posts identical?

Why are these two posts identical?

blade-says-what-the-fuck-in-an-animated-image.gif

Back