Rage Against the Machine

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So I was never a HUGE fan, but I did love The Battle of Los Angeles. Any Rage fans in here want to recommend some songs? Cheers

Edit: Listen to the first 2 albums. That's all.

Last edited:
The whole of their debut album is amazing from start to finish. A talented group of musicians who made some of the best alternative metal on planet earth.

BOLA is probably their weakest album, unless you hold it against Renegades that all of the songs are covers (I don't, great album).

Evil Empire is a masterpiece, imo. Absolutely life changing for me. I was 11 when that album was released, and listening to those songs made me question things for the first time.

It seems fashionable to talk mad shit about RATM these days, but if the world ever needed a band like them, now is the time. Ffs.

Man I listened shit out RATM back in high school. They are my go to do shit in the house music, good memories.

I used to love listening to them. I remember being 13 or 14 and we would play pickup football after school. One of the older guys just got his license and he would blast Rage,Pantera,Sepultura,Metallica,Slayer ect. Anytime I hear Bulls on Parade specifically I think about the time a guy broke his collarbone because that's what was playing when it happened.

Evil Empire is a masterpiece, imo. Absolutely life changing for me. I was 11 when that album was released, and listening to those songs made me question things for the first time.

It's underrated as fuck because it doesn't have the same level of raw headbanging anthems as the first album.

But Evil Empire was a far more creative and interesting album. It's a classic.

Great sound. My fandom changed a bit Since I developed my own political views that scoff at a portion of the lyrical content (not that Zack doesn’t have a way with words to make it sound badass anyway) but there’s no denying they’re one of a kind and just an amazing band. Great concert as well.

I suggest you just start with the self titled album and go through the catalog. It’s not like its terribly long and if you enjoy what you’ve heard through mainstream outlets it’s a given you’ll probably like the albums too. No filler. They only had three original LPs and a cover album.

Battle of Los Angeles kicked ass. Never understood the dismissal of the album.

Last edited:
Vietnow! The closest thing to a religious experience I've ever had, was seeing them play it just after they reunited.

Bulls on Parade
Killing in the Name
No Shelter
People of the Sun
Renegades of Funk
Guerrilla Radio
Vietnow
Sleep Now in the Fire
Testify
Down Rodeo

First album from start to finish is a masterpiece. I don't know if I have another album that has as much energy and anger. One of the best debuts of all time.

My buddies played a cover of Killing in the name of at our high school talent show in 07. Was funny seeing a crowd of mostly black teens react to Rage as if it were death metal or something.

I like Battle of La and Evil Empire alot more than the self titled

Calm like a Bomb is probably my favorite

That timing of the verse riffing is pure cool.........not difficult but just cool.

saw them when they toured their first album,awesome show,but anything after that sucked.

The first album was great and had such a unique sound. Now it's just tired and dated imo.

Saw them on their reunion tour in about 07 or 08, was pretty cool, was kinda over them by then. Their covers album is pretty good, particularly How I Could Just Kill A Man, but other than that, yeah the first two albums.

A talented band,to be sure,esp the first LP. But like all bands that ONLY sing about Political stuff,it gets old.

So I was never a HUGE fan, but I did love The Battle of Los Angeles. Any Rage fans in here want to recommend some songs? Cheers
First two albums for sure.

Saw them in 1996 here in Chicago. Amazing, chaotic show.

The first album was great and had such a unique sound. Now it's just tired and dated imo.
Yeah they are rather one dementional with their sound

Still great though

Audioslave had some great tunes too

Back