Raider Nation v27: Sorry Jack, Chucky's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashaan Melvin will be signed shortly.

As easy as it can be to get frustrated seeing the first wave of FAs sign anywhere but Oakland the contracts handed out to some of those guys are ridiculous. Oakland hasn't handed out a stupid contract yet and several solid players have been added, I like the approach. A couple more solid FAs, nail the draft, and it's good to go.

You guys got my guy Keith Smith. Wanted him to stick around but the Cowboys weren't trying to pay that much. Great fb, can block and catch out of the backfield..which is crazy considering hes a converted LB. However, with being a converted lb comes the fact that he's also a beast on special teams

Whitehead and Bowman have a similar game so hopefully a coverage guy is drafted, I know they are still very high on Morrow also.

At least with the signings they have more flexibility with that round 1 choice.

Whitehead and Bowman have a similar game so hopefully a coverage guy is drafted, I know they are still very high on Morrow also.

At least with the signings they have more flexibility with that round 1 choice.

Whitehead is actually more versatile. He can basically play any LB position.

Rashaan Melvin will be signed shortly.

Sounds like a player who is continuing to get better. A bit of an injury history but at this point I'll take most any CB.

Melvin was improving on coverage before he got hurt, he had a good amount of passes defended when he played.

Definitely not complaining about whitehead as he was one of the underrated guys I was hoping to get, glad to see he got a multi year.

Another CB down.

We signed a long-snapper from Chicago, Andrew DePaula. We made him the highest paid LS in the league at 4/4.27m and 875k guaranteed.

A stat to look at is his snap accuracy at 97.7%. For comparison Condo's was 91.7.

No Seabass on the Chargers. They signed Caleb Sturgis today.

Melvin is a Raider

Fuck yeah. If Gareon performs, we could have a very capable CB tandem.

Bowman likely signing shortly.

Still want a big ticket DT and quality ILB. Pretty bummed no DT.

Bowman likely signing shortly.

Still want a big ticket DT and quality ILB. Pretty bummed no DT.
If both are still on the board who would you rather have, Roquan or Vea?

Wide margin? Based on need or talent? Vea is huge and can move. You can't teach size.
Based on both I suppose. I think Smith has a case for top 5 player in the draft. Hes exactly what you want to see in an ILB.

Payne please
In round 1? Fuck no. Too much run stuff, not enough pass rush imo.

Dudes a fucking monster of a human being though lol.

Based on both I suppose. I think Smith has a case for top 5 player in the draft. Hes exactly what you want to see in an ILB.

It makes so much sense but if Vea is available, meh.

I really like Smith. What about Edmunds?

It makes so much sense but if Vea is available, meh.

I really like Smith. What about Edmunds?
Edmunds is a freak but he screams “athletic project” to me. Those athletic projects have all been busts recently and I just want to take the incredibly talented and fundamentally sound player, who also happens to be a great athlete (Smith).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back