Raider Nation v28: Gruden’s Grinders

If they spent any of those 4 1st round choices on a qb I'll be super pissed. Carr can lead this current team in the right direction, he could lead an improved team with the help of those picks much further.

Fucking hilarious that everyone is saying the Mack trade is the worst in history. Gonna be 4 to 5 years before we see

Fucking hilarious that everyone is saying the Mack trade is the worst in history. Gonna be 4 to 5 years before we see
OK no one has a crystal ball but Oakland traded a player in his prime and clearly on a HOF trajectory who they could have afforded, received no established players in return, and inexplicably gave up a draft pick in the deal. Whatever the results, that's an anemic haul for what amounts to a dick measuring contest between Oakland's best player and their new "superstar" head coach.

All I’m saying we need to wait and see what the raiders do with the picks. Let’s see if either team can win a super bowl with what the received

Lol @ a SB being the only standard to judge it on.

Well isn’t that the goal every year? What else you gonna bass it on?
So everyone who doesnt win a superbowl is worthless then?

So everyone who doesnt win a superbowl is worthless then?

Where did I say that?
Like it or not the goal every year is to win the super bowl. If the 2 picks from Mack deal help bring a super bowl to the Raiders then it was worth it. If Bears win one cause they dealt for Mack then it’s worth it for them.

Not gonna be able to fully judge trade for a few years,

Last edited:
Where did I say that?
Like it or not the goal every year is to win the super bowl. If the 2 picks from Mack deal help bring a super bowl to the Raiders then it was worth it. If Bears win one cause they dealt for Mack then it’s worth it for them.

Not gonna be able to fully judge trade for a few years,
The likely case is neither win a SB. Then what?

All I’m saying we need to wait and see what the raiders do with the picks. Let’s see if either team can win a super bowl with what the received

It was a bad deal on the Raiders part. Stop trying to rationalize.

To State the Obvious: I now think trading Mack broke the spirit of the defense to close out games. With no real pass rush, quarterbacks figure how to move the chains on us. There was also that key play where we gave up a first down on I think 2nd and 20 to lose the game.

What I saw at the end of the denver game was an older defense gassing mixed with inexperienced young talent.

Nelson is the big problem, hes often in the wrong spot and left Conley fending for himself with no help way too often. What the heck did Karl Joseph do to not even get a look, if it's a playbook issue he cant be anymore out of place than Nelson has been.

This is what Gruden said when asked on Wednesday why it’s so hard to find a great pass rusher:

“It’s hard to find a great one. It’s hard to find a good one. It’s hard to find one, you just said it,” Gruden said at his news conference on Wednesday, via Jason Dumas of KRON.

giphy.webp

If the raiders sign Kaepernick then we are officially the laughing stock.

Damn Jordy Nelson/carr connection going off the first half

Too bad the raiders can’t show up in the 2nd of games

Gruden will be gone before we get to Vegas. We’ll probably hire some high profile offensive coordinator to “get the fans excited”.

Gruden will be gone before we get to Vegas. We’ll probably hire some high profile offensive coordinator to “get the fans excited”.
No chance

Back