Rampage Jackson claims American fans are the worst ?

DublinDanny

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rampage complains that “fair weather” American fans like to rubbish fighters as soon as they lose and stir up trouble with them on the web !! So you guys on the other side of the pond what's your thoughts ?

“ I’ve fought a couple different places in the world,” Jackson told reporters on Wednesday . I love America, I’m American, but I have to say that American fans are the worst. I have to say it. They can get mad at me. I said it, and it’s something they can work on.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/12/14/16778244/rampage-jackson-american-fans-are-the-worst-ufc

(Danny sits back, puts his feet up and opens the popcorn :) )

Nothing wrong with that. Just look at a solid NFL teams facebook page after they lost.

Im pretty sure there´s the Japanese fans and...the rest...

I think that goes to Brazil but whatever I'm not offended we can be pretty bad too.

Americans are the worst for sure.

Rampage's bitching abilities are legendary.

Wait until Sonnen LNPs his way to a 30-27.

Pretty much right.

In America many of our sports and society in general put a very high emphasis on winning every thing all the time. Other parts of the world they live in the sporting world of soccer and wins, loses(most of the time), and ties don't mean as much and think fans get a conditioned over time to think differently than American fans when it comes to sports on winning and losing.

He is correct in his assessment. Most American fans have almost no reverence for the sport or the “D-level athletes” that participate in it.

Look no further than Sherdog where supposed non-casuals..hardcore MMA fans think any ass wipe from one of the ball leagues can come in and do what Rampage busted his ass for most of his life doing..at a higher level no less. Because verticals and such are all that really matters. This martial arts don’t really matter in mixed martial arts.

I always got the feeling that in Japan that nobody really cared about wins and losses..not the fans..not the promoters. It always seemed once a fighter was in with the promotion and introduced to the fans..that fighter was in. Who gets cut on losses from PRIDE, DREAM, Rizin, etc.? Who gets disrespected by the fans? I think that’s why fighters seem more free and fight with more expression and recklessness than in the US. It’s not their ass if they don’t get the win. It’s competing and showing what you can do is what is wanted.

I don’t view Brazil or the Euro countries as especially better than the US. The UFC just angles it so it’s their country vs the world and gets the fans riled up. I think the US would play along with that as well if events were promoted that way here.

Anyway, Page is right. Same old story. Japanese MMA kicks ass. American MMA seems ashamed of itself and the fighters are meat.

Why is Jackson always bitching about something?

If anybody needs to work on something it's Jackson and his shitty attitude.

I think british and irish fans are the best in the world. No matter what the sport.

We travel round the world to support our people. Support them through the highs and lows and are always the most vocal fans in the stadium no matter where in the world it is.

I am being genuine aswell, i'm not trolling or looking to start an argument, just genuinely believe we are the best fans at supporting our fighters/teams.

He is correct in his assessment. Most American fans have almost no reverence for the sport or the “D-level athletes” that participate in it.

Look no further than Sherdog where supposed non-casuals..hardcore MMA fans think any ass wipe from one of the ball leagues can come in and do what Rampage busted his ass for most of his life doing..at a higher level no less. Because verticals and such are all that really matters. This martial arts don’t really matter in mixed martial arts.

I always got the feeling that in Japan that nobody really cared about wins and losses..not the fans..not the promoters. It always seemed once a fighter was in with the promotion and introduced to the fans..that fighter was in. Who gets cut on losses from PRIDE, DREAM, Rizin, etc.? Who gets disrespected by the fans? I think that’s why fighters seem more free and fight with more expression and recklessness than in the US. It’s not their ass if they don’t get the win. It’s competing and showing what you can do is what is wanted.

I don’t view Brazil or the Euro countries as especially better than the US. The UFC just angles it so it’s their country vs the world and gets the fans riled up. I think the US would play along with that as well if events were promoted that way here.

Anyway, Page is right. Same old story. Japanese MMA kicks ass. American MMA seems ashamed of itself and the fighters are meat.

Totally disagree here

Today's Japanese fans are totally disrespectfull

While Two guys are killing themselves in the ring trying to put on a show at least 50% of the so called " Japanese fans" are busy looking at their cell phones..

Sometimes 90% of them are busy looking into their cellphones..

Only when the main even starts do most of them lift up their head to watch

Also they dress like clowns and most don't even wash their hair it seems

American fans at major UFC events dress way better and 90% of them are into the fight, They Boo, They Cheer, The fighters get their attention no matter what is happening...That to me is a much higher level of respect

Brazilian fans are great and so are some European fans

Not paying attention and looking into your cell phone for 90% of the fight is way more disrepectfull than anything that U.S fans have ever done..

PRIDE fans were great but thats in the past

Totally disagree here

Today's Japanese fans are totally disrespectfull

While Two guys are killing themselves in the ring trying to put on a show at least 50% of the so called " Japanese fans" are busy looking at their cell phones..

Sometimes 90% of them are busy looking into their cellphones..

Only when the main even starts do most of them lift up their head to watch

Also they dress like clowns and most don't even wash their hair it seems

American fans at major UFC events dress way better and 90% of them are into the fight, They Boo, They Cheer, The fighters get their attention no matter what is happening...That to me is a much higher level of respect

Brazilian fans are great and so are some European fans

Not paying attention and looking into your cell phone for 90% of the fight is way more disrepectfull than anything that U.S fans have ever done..

PRIDE fans were great but thats in the past
I believe he´s not talkin´ about fans during the fight, but after... W or L, do they still root for u?

Americans & Brazilians only love winners...

I believe he´s not talkin´ about fans during the fight, but after... W or L, do they still root for u?

Americans & Brazilians only love winners...

Fan behaviour during the fight is what counts IMO. Who cares what fans think of you on facebook ? Lol facebook is 99% garbage people why would anyone care about what they think. I agree that Brazilians may take it a little too far with riots and what not but hey that's what happens when you have real passionate fans

Also, Japanese people are the same toxic trolls as Americans when they are online. If Rampage were to go online in Japan and be all over the Japanese social Media he would get a big fucking dose of reality from those "oh so respectfull" Japanese fans (and he would probably be called the N word 1000 times more).

Rampage lives in the U.S and is all over the social media so of course he's gonna get trolled. If he lived in Japan and was all over the media there he would be trolled the same way.

King Reina's account being hacked and her breasts being exposed on the same day as her RIZIN fight is a perfect example that the same shit happens over there as it does in America

Blah blah blah, just another 'Murcan who's been brainwashed by the 'Murcan far left media to hate 'Murca. Move along, nothing to see here.

People like Rampage are why Trump won the election.

Pretty much right.

In America many of our sports and society in general put a very high emphasis on winning every thing all the time. Other parts of the world they live in the sporting world of soccer and wins, loses(most of the time), and ties don't mean as much and think fans get a conditioned over time to think differently than American fans when it comes to sports on winning and losing.
Yes you have a point, sport in America seems all about winning and nothing else. I remember watching a tv program about the Columbine High School massacre in 1999 and the two murderers seemed to have a history of being on the receiving end of bullying from members of the high school football team and hence part of their pent up anger against everyone in the school. A psychologist in that state decided to study the school culture in a few European countries such as Holland, England, Italy and what she found was that schools in Europe tend to put less emphasis on winning and more on participation and enjoyment of sport and hence avoid the elitism that surrounds those who represent their high schools in America. In Europe if say, a guy plays Rugby for his school or a girl is a champion sprinter or whatever, they still continue to hang around as usual with their friends regardless of their athletic ability no more than they were a computer geek who won prizes for programming or science or whatever. However those good at sports in American high schools tend to form elite clicks both male and female and then there is all the rest of the hype with cheer leaders, the fat kid just plays in the school bands etc So this win, win, win mentality maybe the cause of negativity in some American fans.

Sure in Europe or anywhere else everyone wants to win, but when I look at how sport is promoted in American High schools, it's about Win, Win, Win (which causes a lot of elitism that often leads to bullying it seems). Whereas in Europe in schools students in general seem to be more encouraged to just participate and enjoy sport rather than win, win, win. Mind you if you look at soccer (a sport I have little time for) gangs of European soccer hooligans rioting because their team drew or lost, or even won as sometimes hooliganism seems to be the end in itself, isn't a pretty sight to say the least. Thankfully it doesn't happen in other sports such as Rugby (the MMA of ball sports !! ) or ice hockey or motorbike racing and so on where having a chat and a bit of banter with opposing fans are all part of the day out.

But still American sports fans, don't be so critical all the time of yourselves, you can have your generous sporting moments too :)

Last edited:
Back