Rampage...time to retire.

Within the Living Death

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Rampage looked completely awful tonight. Slow, plodding, sloppy, horrible TDD, and bad foot movement. It was a sad fight to watch, honestly. I don't even want to see him have a "retirement fight" at this point. Just call it a career. The guy is HOF worthy and an absolute legend. I hope he doesn't just keep fighting for the payday and become the next Ken Shamrock.

Big Chael fan here

Wasn't impressed by my boy at all, simply because Page was terrible

The guy ain't retiring when he's making hundreds of thousands of dollars by getting humped/pillow fisted to decisions.

The only way he's going to retire is he gets finished badly, multiple times.

lol i wish every sherdog fan could get into a cage and see how hard it is to stay onthe feet and strike when a guy can take you down by the slightist mistake then they will understand that rampage is fine lol

Haha he lost to chael like seriously chael out boxed him

agreed. rampage didn't even train. dude looked old as fuck. you can tell when fighters train by the way their face is shaped and the coloration of the skin. rampage looked like he just got done w/a 5 month video game binge eating pizza and hot wings everyday. he just shows up for a paycheck and should go to the tough man contest to fight people like himself.

It was time to retire a while ago.

That was embarrassing. He just doesn't take this seriously at all. It looks like he cut weight to look good at the weigh in because he looked like he gained another 15 pounds.

They gave him Cheal Imo because they wanted him to advance love Rampage would like to see him keep fighting but maybe it is time to move on but he has options unlike most fighters

Rampage only wants money. He doesn't care about coming in shape and training hard, he's old now and doesn't have that desire anymore.

He wants money based solely off his name and his past.

lol i wish every sherdog fan could get into a cage and see how hard it is to stay onthe feet and strike when a guy can take you down by the slightist mistake then they will understand that rampage is fine lol
Didn't Rampage have takedown defense at one point? If he did, and doesn't anymore, does that mean he's fine? The Rampage that fought Hendo, or even Evans/Machida, would absolutely starch Chael, he is tailor-made for guys like Sonnen. He's just old, slow, and out of shape.

Didn't Rampage have takedown defense at one point? If he did, and doesn't anymore, does that mean he's fine? The Rampage that fought Hendo, or even Evans/Machida, would absolutely starch Chael, he is tailor-made for guys like Sonnen. He's just old, slow, and out of shape.

yes he did but tbh rampage takedowns were vs old school wrestlers who just shot double elgs where he could just use his power to turn his hips and whizzer them or get an underhook and pull them up chael prob knew this and fact that chael doesnt believe in single legs knew double legging him being that much bigger will be hard t do so he used his greco "upperbody takedowns" on him he did 2 inside trips from over under to get him down was very smart on chaels end so didnt have t muscle anything so lost 0 energy getting him down

Rampage looked completely awful tonight. Slow, plodding, sloppy, horrible TDD, and bad foot movement. It was a sad fight to watch, honestly. I don't even want to see him have a "retirement fight" at this point. Just call it a career. The guy is HOF worthy and an absolute legend. I hope he doesn't just keep fighting for the payday and become the next Ken Shamrock.
Chael is just damn good, brother. He haven't lost in years.

I think we saw the best Rampage in years, but next time he will know that Chael is true GOAT.

Rampage can make as much noise as he wants but anyone could see in the lead up to that fight he was winging it.

Rampage is really stealing money at this point. Inexecusable that he isnt at least under 240. C'mon.

Rampage is really stealing money at this point. Inexecusable that he isnt at least under 240. C'mon.
I believe his thyroid problems are a legit excuse. If he cant get to an optimal weight for fighting, he needs to go to Rizin and knock out some cans til retirement.

rampage knows its time to retire, he just wants a few fun fights before he does, thats why he was so upset about the chael matchup. he shouldnt have been in this tournament. just match him against sergei and guys like that for the rest of his contract.

It's been time for a long time. He hasn't looked like prime Rampage since he lost to Griffin. It's clear all he doe sis fight for a paycheck now. Pathetic!

let the adult man do the job he wants to so long as he isn't get brutally KTFOed multiple times in a row.

He should maybe hit up rizin tho if he insists on continuing. Maybe there's some kinda magic spinach that's banned in the states that can help him out with his fitness.

Back