Range reports: Whatcha do this week?

Put an entire box of Remington golden bullets through my SR-22 this morning. 525 rounds without a single malfunction.

I was planning to take one of the targets home to post here (had put 20 rounds within a 2 inch diameter at 30 feet), but set it down to get something out of my bag and left it.

First time shooting the 1911 at 17 yards last week. I haven't shot a pistol in months(only rifles lol) and I was never a great pistol shooter anyway so it is what is is. I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy and ease to shoot. Disregard the flyer in the purple lol.

IMAG0382_zps8d949279.jpg

I got to shoot an M1 Garand today and it was really cool. Felt like I was handling a piece of history. A very heavy, hard kicking piece of history. I cannot imagine running around with a gun like that. It was fun to shoot though!

I got to shoot an M1 Garand today and it was really cool. Felt like I was handling a piece of history. A very heavy, hard kicking piece of history. I cannot imagine running around with a gun like that. It was fun to shoot though!

It's a pretty awesome rifle, but compared to what's out there now it is really heavy. That being said I really want one, I need to save up money so I can check out what the CMP has.

Just posting my honest shooting from tonight. This is like the 3rd time shooting my SR9 and my 5th time shooting ever. It's kinda everywhere I know but I felt a lot calmer tonight as felt really relaxed (range was almost empty though). I had a very rough week and it felt great to just go shooting alone tonight. Can't wait to practice more. Also I held a Desert Eagle today at my local gun shop. Holy shit that thing is heavy.

IMG_20120928_211300.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the range today with the 442, and shot about 70 rounds through it. I practiced some point shooting today, and that went well.

I'm no Hickok45, but damn, did I have fun:

Tried to sight in my cheap ass red dot sight, no go. But put together a .15" group from 50yds with my new LWRC rifle and its irons.

(Unfortunately) one of my better performances:

B28EA4FC-8568-478C-B246-02EDC6421C4A-11575-000014F2CDC1B9EB.jpg

Remington 1911 R1

Blazer .45 Auto, 230 gr., TMJ, aluminum cased @ an advertised 835 FPS

7 yards, standing, 50 rounds total; 7 rounds per quadrant, everything else in the middle target.

Went to my father in law's farm and put about 100 rounds through my AR. I set up some pine cones on a tree stump and shot the hell out of 'em over the weekend.

Put 350 rds though the Ruger takedown today. I freaking love this gun.

100yrds slow fire
1209121417.jpg

50yrds Fast fire
1209121417a.jpg

I did bench fire it at 50yrd and its a tact driver. The targets here are from standing postion in 45 degree weather with 30mph wind gust and a dam near sand strom. it was ugly out there today but still alot of fun.

Worked on sighting in my AR last night. I'm not too familiar wiith precision shooting and really teaching myself via youtube, the net, etc...
I was using a bench, but no mount or anything. Just a sandbag but it wasn't quite high enough, so my foregrip and hand was resting on it, not the gun. Anyways, this was at 50'.

142D72B2-65CB-4048-BF0D-A328F377EF43-43066-000017B232A95042.jpg

Midway USA sells an adjustable sandbag type rest. It's on a twist-adjust mount that changes height. I used it to shoot a .15" 5 shot group at 50yds with my LWRC's iron sights.

Edit: my .15" is a guesstimate based on the bulls eye being a .15" diamond and none of my shots stick past the edges.

I'll look into that. I was using the bag at the range(their bag). The platform the bag is on is too low and I would have been risking putting rounds into the ceiling if I had rested the foregrip on it.

Did some plinkig today, finally got my barrel in my ruger 10/22. The green mountain barrel makes shooting easy. I also worked on my one handed shooting with the sog mosquito both left and right. I love .22s, no guilt for rapid fire because it's so cheap.

Did some plinkig today, finally got my barrel in my ruger 10/22. The green mountain barrel makes shooting easy. I also worked on my one handed shooting with the sog mosquito both left and right. I love .22s, no guilt for rapid fire because it's so cheap.

Still havent found the right ammo for my stock 10/22. Tried Remington Gold Bullets and Federal, and both were jam city on rapid fire. Even not on rapid, it FTE's one in every 10 rounds. Ive disassembled and cleaned the shit out of it. I guess I have to try the CCI minimags though, but I was hoping it would be good with the super cheap stuff.

Still havent found the right ammo for my stock 10/22. Tried Remington Gold Bullets and Federal, and both were jam city on rapid fire. Even not on rapid, it FTE's one in every 10 rounds. Ive disassembled and cleaned the shit out of it. I guess I have to try the CCI minimags though, but I was hoping it would be good with the super cheap stuff.

My Ruger eats everything I throw at it.

I have an SR-22 pistol and I've literally gone through cases of golden bullets and lead-nosed Federal ammo and only had a few jams with the Federal when it starts to get dirty or, if it was too oiled, the slide would start to stick after a 100 or so rounds. If I tap it or rack it it is good to go.

Of course, I've never tried the super-cheap stuff like Thunderbolt...

I got a 1000rds of Winchester M-22 for 35$ and its not bad. But i wiped them down first. they are coated with fine lead. Didn't want that shit dirtying up the mags.

What mags are you using? I use 10 rounders and federal bulk. If the 10 rounders aren't working I would contact ruger.

5 of us went to a buddies farm.
3 ar's, 1 ak, 6 shotty's, 1 44 mag, 2 10mm, 3 9 mm, 1 45acp. We figured it up and the 4 hr shooting session cost us around $1,000 in ammo and targets. Simply amazing day.

Back