Rank Dragonball Z characters based on their power, fighting ability

I'm quite surprised at the Cell Saga comments if I am honest, I have always been under the impression it was the fan favourite?

Cell is generally regarded as the best villian.
It has the most epic moments (Gohan going SSJ2, the Kamehameha battle at the end, Vegeta Final Flash, Goku's sacrifice)

The Frieza saga is not without fault and dragged like hell in my opinion.

Overall the problem with Dragon Ball has always been the filler shit and inconsistency, we look past it because when it is good it is epic but there is like 100 episodes that could have been axed and it would have made the whole series better.

I'm quite surprised at the Cell Saga comments if I am honest, I have always been under the impression it was the fan favourite?

It has the most epic moments (Gohan going SSJ2, the Kamehameha battle at the end, Vegeta Final Flash, Goku's sacrifice)

Overall the problem with Dragon Ball has always been the filler shit and inconsistency, we look past it because when it is good it is epic but there is like 100 episodes that could have been axed and it would have made the whole series better.
As a kid, I loved it. By far my favourite. But when I rewatched it later, I did see a lot of the problems people had with it.

But I still liked it and, as I broke down in a previous post, still feel it is almost the perfect ending for the series.

Frieza Saga was the best for DBZ imo. Simply because we finally saw SSJ.

But if it haven't continued, we wouldnt have been introduced to High School Videl. Which is the hottest female character in the entire franchise. While the guy from the article few days ago stayed Virgin to play Kirby. Pre-teen me is way into Videl.

Most people are ten years removed from actually watching it. The filler no longer really burns.

The build up for the frieza fight started immediately after vegeta was defeated if I remember correctly and it ended with Goku becoming something long thought extinct and the universe's tyrant defeated. It was a good place to stop.

I do agree about Gohan, however.

Last edited:

That is why DBZ Kai is great. They cut the filler out. And improved the dialogue.

Also, the Cell Saga is extremely popular with fans. Without question.

Last edited:
I consider the Cell series the end of Dragonball because everything after it is complete garbage. So.....
1) Gohan
2) Cell
3) Goku
4) Trunks
5) Vegeta
6) 16
7) 17 & 18
8) Frieza
9) Piccolo
10) All other inconsequential characters
Piccolo during the cell saga is stronger than frieza.

The green bald guy (Piccolo was his name, right?) had the best heart and chin and was the most heroic character because his task was to sustain those prolonged ass whoopings until the sayans showed up.

Zeno>Grand Priest>>>>>>>>>>Angels>>>Jiren/possibly some gods of destruction >Goku/Vegeta/other gods of destruction>rest of gods of destruction inc. Toppo>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest

Somewhere in there should also be merged Zamasu, Kefla and Vegito Blue.

Last edited:
By Dragonball Z it goes..

1). SSJ Vegito
2). Buuhan (Super Buu with Gohan, Gotenks and Piccolo absorbed)
3). Mystic Gohan
4). Gotenks SSJ3
5). Goku SSJ3
6). Kid Buu
7). Vegeta

Super Buu is more powerful than Goku and Vegeta but didn't wanna list him twice.

yeah, that about does it.

It also depends on when in the series TS is talking about.

Cell Games is something like:

Gohan

Perfect Cell ....... Goku

Trunks

Vegeta (I think Trunks was stronger, even though it's up for debate - Vegeta has a higher fight IQ, but Trunks doesn't fuck around - other than trying to spare his father's pride, so in some ways he's really the smarter fighter).

Piccolo

No point in going further

Realistically, power level-wise, There probably isn't a big gap between Cell, Goku, and maybe Trunks. Trunks did surpass Cell according to Cell himself as an USSJ, but he was too slow. Hard to know if Trunks truly surpassed Vegeta because Vegeta may have avoided USSJ because of its downsides... and Goku got tired, but also just gave up to give Gohan a chance to fight. Cell was on the ropes, and if Goku took a senzu bean, it would've been a wrap. The only one who approached the shit the right way was Trunks. Fuck the fuckery, if you can kill him - do it.

People say Cell was holding back his true power and toying with Goku, and maybe everyone else before he faced Gohan - but Goku almost killed Cell. After Goku gave him a senzu bean, he recovered, and due to his Saiyin genes, he became stronger than before (when he fought Goku, Trunks, Vegeta).

Zeno>Grand Priest>>>>>>>>>>Angels>>>Jiren/possibly some gods of destruction >Goku/Vegeta/other gods of destruction>rest of gods of destruction inc. Toppo>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest

Somewhere in there should also be merged Zamasu, Kefla and Vegitto Blue.

Dragon Ball Z*

Last edited:
Garlic Jr, The Great Saiyaman, and of course THE GINYU FORCE! were all epic. Everyone else sucked.

yeah, that about does it.

It also depends on when in the series TS is talking about.

Cell Games is something like:

Gohan

Perfect Cell ....... Goku

Trunks

Vegeta (I think Trunks was stronger, even though it's up for debate - Vegeta has a higher fight IQ, but Trunks doesn't fuck around - other than trying to spare his father's pride, so in some ways he's really the smarter fighter).

Piccolo

No point in going further

Realistically, power level-wise, There probably isn't a big gap between Cell, Goku, and maybe Trunks. Trunks did surpass Cell according to Cell himself as an USSJ, but he was too slow. Hard to know if Trunks truly surpassed Vegeta because Vegeta may have avoided USSJ because of its downsides... and Goku got tired, but also just gave up to give Gohan a chance to fight. Cell was on the ropes, and if Goku took a senzu bean, it would've been a wrap. The only one who approached the shit the right way was Trunks. Fuck the fuckery, if you can kill him - do it.

People say Cell was holding back his true power and toying with Goku, and maybe everyone else before he faced Gohan - but Goku almost killed Cell. After Goku gave him a senzu bean, he recovered, and due to his Saiyin genes, he became stronger than before (when he fought Goku, Trunks, Vegeta).

Dragon Ball Z*
I just gave the rankings for the end of Z covering the whole series.

Trunks was more powerful than Vegeta that's why Cell killed him when he had the chance because he knew that him and Gohan at SSJ2 were gonna be a problem where as Vegeta not so much, Cells arrogance became his downfall but that is the theme here with him.

I'd also say he was defo more powerful than Goku especially in his Super Perfect Form but by how much it's hard to say because quite frankly Goku is a strange guy he constantly de-powers himself and allows his enemies to get the upper hand so he can have a good fight or give someone else a chance.

I do believe Goku secretly had SSJ2 or the capability the whole time hence why he knew so much about 'going beyond' but he was adamant that Gohan needed to become one and realise his potential.

Goku knew he could go beyond, it's Goku at the end of the day and if pushed he would have done it.

He hid SSJ3 from Majin Vegeta when he could have ended it in seconds, he could have ended Buu early on, Toyed with Frieza and gave him too many chances etc.

The only time we can actually say that Goku cannot in any way, shape or form win was against Super Buu and we know that for a fact every other challenge I believe Goku could have won if he really wanted to, even against Cell.

I know bud. Just ranking shiiiieet.

MadSquabbles500>Tuf_guy>Dr Hannibal Lecter

In a bubble probably Cell

He has all the best parts of all the best fighters
Only just saw this and no idea what you mean by bubble or how big it is but actually the deadliest in there would be Kid Buu.

It would be impossible to beat him, he has unlimited energy, the mind of a child hell bent on killing and cannot be reasoned with, he would fight until the end of time.

Cell would be begging for mercy within five minutes.

SSJ Vegito would probably take him still though.

I just gave the rankings for the end of Z covering the whole series.

Trunks was more powerful than Vegeta that's why Cell killed him when he had the chance because he knew that him and Gohan at SSJ2 were gonna be a problem where as Vegeta not so much, Cells arrogance became his downfall but that is the theme here with him.

I'd also say he was defo more powerful than Goku especially in his Super Perfect Form but by how much it's hard to say because quite frankly Goku is a strange guy he constantly de-powers himself and allows his enemies to get the upper hand so he can have a good fight or give someone else a chance.

I do believe Goku secretly had SSJ2 or the capability the whole time hence why he knew so much about 'going beyond' but he was adamant that Gohan needed to become one and realise his potential.

Goku knew he could go beyond, it's Goku at the end of the day and if pushed he would have done it.

He hid SSJ3 from Majin Vegeta when he could have ended it in seconds, he could have ended Buu early on, Toyed with Frieza and gave him too many chances etc.

The only time we can actually say that Goku cannot in any way, shape or form win was against Super Buu and we know that for a fact every other challenge I believe Goku could have won if he really wanted to, even against Cell.

I agree that Cell ended up being more powerful than Goku; I put Goku next to Cell, because I think that there's a difference, but probably not much (during their fight). I think Cell's regeneration gave him an edge after the senzu bean, and then of course when he came back from a single cell, but (before all of that) even when Cell offered for Goku to take a Senzu bean, it would've been over if Goku tried. Now if Cell killed Krillen or Yamcha, maybe Goku would have woken up briefly. It's really left up for interpretation, imo, but I don't think Cell held back during his fight with Goku. Goku was the main head for the androids, initially - but then Cell saw Trunks's power and that was the reason he waited for everyone to train awhile longer. I wouldn't put it past him to toy with anyone, but I think it was less likely with everyone else still available to fight for his amusement - Trunks, Gohan, Vegeta...

It's an interesting flaw that was written into the saiyens. Their pride and thirst for battle is ultimately foolish when an imminent threat is present like Frieza, Cell, Buu. Goku was the worst, then Vegeta, but Gohan showed some of that against Cell, too. And of course, Cell was a victim of that flaw, as you mentioned.
Goku knew how to get to USSJ and understood its flaws. I think he could've gone to SSJ2 also. He was just a dumbass who could fight and placed fighting above everything else. Like the exact opposite of Trunks. I like Trunks most because he did shit right. If he had gone through say the Namek saga before the Android saga, he probably would've been higher on the list. I think his inexperience held him back. It was kind of a shame he didn't get to train with Goku in the hyperbolic time chamber instead of Vegeta - or at least the second time around.
I agree that Trunks was a serious threat to Cell (he basically was learning as he went while everyone else had more experience, and Gohan was being coached). For all we know, Trunks may have had the most potential pfp.

But I guess Trunks as the hero wouldn't be the wisest choice for a star. The entire show would be a miniseries.

I agree that Cell ended up being more powerful than Goku; I put Goku next to Cell, because I think that there's a difference, but probably not much (during their fight). I think Cell's regeneration gave him an edge after the senzu bean, and then of course when he came back from a single cell, but (before all of that) even when Cell offered for Goku to take a Senzu bean, it would've been over if Goku tried. Now if Cell killed Krillen or Yamcha, maybe Goku would have woken up briefly. It's really left up for interpretation, imo, but I don't think Cell held back during his fight with Goku. Goku was the main head for the androids, initially - but then Cell saw Trunks's power and that was the reason he waited for everyone to train awhile longer. I wouldn't put it past him to toy with anyone, but I think it was less likely with everyone else still available to fight for his amusement - Trunks, Gohan, Vegeta...

It's an interesting flaw that was written into the saiyens. Their pride and thirst for battle is ultimately foolish when an imminent threat is present like Frieza, Cell, Buu. Goku was the worst, then Vegeta, but Gohan showed some of that against Cell, too. And of course, Cell was a victim of that flaw, as you mentioned.
Goku knew how to get to USSJ and understood its flaws. I think he could've gone to SSJ2 also. He was just a dumbass who could fight and placed fighting above everything else. Like the exact opposite of Trunks. I like Trunks most because he did shit right. If he had gone through say the Namek saga before the Android saga, he probably would've been higher on the list. I think his inexperience held him back. It was kind of a shame he didn't get to train with Goku in the hyperbolic time chamber instead of Vegeta - or at least the second time around.
I agree that Trunks was a serious threat to Cell (he basically was learning as he went while everyone else had more experience, and Gohan was being coached). For all we know, Trunks may have had the most potential pfp.

But I guess Trunks as the hero wouldn't be the wisest choice for a star. The entire show would be a miniseries.
Yeah I defo agree with all of that.

Trunks is a bad ass and to be honest the most logical member of the Z fighters and go figure he is from a different timeline lol I always loved how he showed up and tore Frieza to pieces within seconds when Goku mucked around for so long, start as you mean to go on.

I don't think Cell held back but I do think in his mind no one had a chance against him and the only time he actually thought he was fucked was when he was about to self destruct and Goku went to teleport him, he gave a look of 'oh shiiiiiiiit' as he knew he was about to blow up and die in the middle of no where on a different planet thus ruining his plan, even when Gohan went SSJ2 he still saw himself winning I think but couldn't look past his arrogance at what was happening which I think is why he threw his toys out the pram and said 'if I lose, you lose and we all lose' essentially.

He also looked terrified when Vegeta did the Final Flash, one of my favourite moments.

Another thing I always thought, I always got the impression he looked down on Vegeta, from when they first fought and Vegeta allowed him to absorb android 18 and become perfect he realised Vegeta was full of pride and to an extent corrupt in his first to better he would back stab allies thus really getting his own son killed for his pride. He mocks Vegeta alot and doesn't treat him the same as the others.

At the end when Vegeta throws the energy ball at Cell and breaks his connection to the Solar Kamehameha, Cell looks legitimately shocked and all he can say is 'Vegeta' as he feels his force being broken and realising he is doomed. I think he honestly thought Vegeta would sit back and squabble at his failings, sons death and the fact he was no where a threat to Cell where as Goku, Gohan and Trunks were.

Yet again his arrogance betraying him which ironically he got from Vegeta's DNA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back