Ranking Conor as an All-Time Great Striker

Dillashaw doesnt have the knees, clinch and GnP of Silva. Silva is a master and complete in all facets of striking, sure he is a counter striker, but he has offensively displayed a variety of tools at a higher level than Dillashaws. Dillashaw has some of the best footwork in MMA history though.
That's fair. Dillashaw hasn't displayed the clinch work of Anderson. Personally I still have Dillashaw a little ahead (some more solid boxing fundamentals, insane footwork, showed skills against some better strikers) but I wouldn't say your opinion is wrong outright.

Fringe Top 10, although KOing Khabib doesn't do much for his ranking among the greatest strikers, but certainly for his ranking among the greatest MMA fighters.

1. Anderson Silva
2. Fedor
3. Cro Cop
4. Lyoto
5. Aldo
6. Dillashaw
7. Bones
8. Conor
9. Shogun
10. JDS

I should add that I can see Tyron Woodley entering this conversation. His improvement over the last few years on not just his striking but his footwork is amazing.

On a technical level he isn't as good as Darren Till but his footwork gave him more opportunity using angles and Darren Till had next to no chance especially since Tyron puts a lot of weight behind his punches.

If T-Wood striking game isn't comparible to Conors striking game when all is said and done it'll be because he's surpassed him.

Name 20 strikers better than Conor.

I put him in the top 20 so why would I name 20 better strikers?

He is somewhere outside the top 10 for me, where? I don't care, that's why I said top 20.

I put him in the top 20 so why would I name 20 better strikers?

He is somewhere outside the top 10 for me, where? I don't care, that's why I said top 20.
Just embarassing.

I should add that I can see Tyron Woodley entering this conversation. His improvement over the last few years on not just his striking but his footwork is amazing.

On a technical level he isn't as good as Darren Till but his footwork gave him more opportunity using angles and Darren Till had next to no chance especially since Tyron puts a lot of weight behind his punches.

If T-Wood striking game isn't comparible to Conors striking game when all is said and done it'll be because he's surpassed him.

I think you are confusing the impact Tyron's elite grappling has on opponents. Elite strikers with no grappling simply cannot approach someone like Tyron the same as always. And in turn if Tyron has no fear of an opponents grappling he can be far more aggressive than his opponent. I wouldn't put his striking skills anywhere near a top 10

I think you are confusing the impact Tyron's elite grappling has on opponents. Elite strikers with no grappling simply cannot approach someone like Tyron the same as always. And in turn if Tyron has no fear of an opponents grappling he can be far more aggressive than his opponent. I wouldn't put his striking skills anywhere near a top 10

Maybe not on a technical level but his footwork gives him a better advantage than his wrestling ability does imo.

What's "rubbish" about that?

What about that isnt a fact?

16zcqx.jpg

1 Anderson Aldo
2 Michael crocop
3Fedro
4 bones
5 Conor Mcquacker

Well he made my top 5, but just barely. K1 Shields, Ryoto Macheeta and Nick Diaz almost kicked him off.

I remember when fans appreciated the 8 points of striking.

Back