rate my living room

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ive been furnishing my new home with stuff and so far this is what it looks like. It still feels like its missing some things. More pictures maybe? Not much more space for more furniture

JzCd71c.jpg

another angle

4pPGd6V.jpg

A colourful area rug would add some life

Maybe some contrasting throw pillows . Needs a bit of color

Red goes really well with dark and flat skemes

why have that shelf block the window? plus you should get a circle shaped coffee table.

why have that shelf block the window? plus you should get a circle shaped coffee table.

I agree with the shelf, and while the room is boxy and needs more spherical shapes, the room doesn't support the space needed for a non boxy coffee table. Unless he got rid of the sectional, which I recommend

Get some curtains and lose the cheap blinds. And if you really like blinds, opt for some wooden ones. the paint is a nice color.

couch is too big. Minimize, foo.

One full couch in front of TV, two smaller, comfortable chairs on the sides. Table inbetween in front of the window. Also, on that window, get nice curtains and lose the blinds. DONE. BAM. POW.

You need to get rid of one section of that couch, it makes little sense to have a seat that close to the TV as well as the angle is poor for viewing.
Mount the TV as well and add a floating shelf to house any electronics.
Wire the TV through the wall if possible, hide wires.
Get rid of the rectangular table and get a square table instead.

Why are you blocking the windows? I'd replace the blinds. Get some shudders or better blinds.

Otherwise, it looks comfortable.

couch is too big. Minimize, foo.

One full couch in front of TV, two smaller, comfortable chairs on the sides. Table inbetween in front of the window. Also, on that window, get nice curtains and lose the blinds. DONE. BAM. POW.

This is exactly what I was in the process of posting.

Sectional couches work in very rare conditions

When dealing with a small space it's better to minimize. It'll make the space loom bigger and offer more room

Get some curtains and lose the cheap blinds. And if you really like blinds, opt for some wooden ones. the paint is a nice color.

Wooden blinds are nice, but pricey. I like white blinds and think Unless the curtains are draped up, it looks cheesy and gothic, but that s just me. Although they could add some badly needed colour and substance

couch is too big for the size of your living room, needs a rug, wtf is up with the media bookcase blocking the window?, get better blinds or decent curtains, and you need to add some color to the room.

6.5/10

Needs an aquarium. Also, it would be way too easy for home invaders, imo

Wooden blinds are nice, but pricey. I like white blinds and think Unless the curtains are draped up, it looks cheesy and gothic, but that s just me. Although they could add some badly needed colour and substance

yeah wooden blinds ain't cheap but you can also go with Thicker/wider blind blade. White works in the room cause it matches the stair railings. Some high priced white blinds could work.

or you could go with a roll up shade to match the paint.

maritime-coastal-blue-54-special-roller-blind-1.jpg

cluster fuck. that place would give me anxiety. I'm more of a minimalist and that sectional just pisses me off to no end. get yourself a nice leather love seat and two recliner types.

something like this

5C522BC8.jpg

Back