Rate my tornadokick

First strike in MT i learned was the front hop teep which technically is a "flying" kick. They also use flying elbows not just knees. Once again a quick google search on a subject you know little about will help tremendously with the trolling bud

Elbows are not kicks, retard. A hopping front kick is not a fly kick either. That's a jump kick.

Elbows are not kicks, retard. A hopping front kick is not a fly kick either. That's a jump kick.

A flying kick is a type of kick in certain martial arts and in martial-arts based gymnastics, with the particularity that the kick is delivered while in the air, specifically moving ("flying") into the opponent after a start to gain forward momentum.

So turns out it is a flying kick i literally googled flying kick and this came up. A hoping teep in technically a flying kick idiot.

As for you calling me a retard for mentioning elbows.
The only flying shit they do is knees

This is false there are flying elbows...you call others retards but cant even look back into your own comments

"flying kick" is a special case of a jump kick, any kick delivered in mid-air, i.e. with neither foot touching the ground.

So @spacetime you maybe right about the kick actually a little more research found this. Technically all variations of jump kicks. My bad but ill admit i can be wrong at times

"flying kick" is a special case of a jump kick, any kick delivered in mid-air, i.e. with neither foot touching the ground.

So @spacetime you maybe right about the kick actually a little more research found this. Technically all variations of jump kicks. My bad but ill admit i can be wrong at times

As far as I know, Muay Thai is pretty anti fly kicks. It is more like boxing with feet - stick to the basics.

Out of interest I just searched a little if anyone his done artistic flying kicks in high profile MT matches but couldnt find anything other than that flying scissor kick (which is AMAZING!) from Saenchai

Is it common in Thailand to do do flying kicks in fights?

Interesting that he chambers many of those kicks... like they do in Karate. ;)

I didnt mean to start at discussion about what exactly flying kicks as definition are. Lets call it just kicks with both feet in the air in MT. Regarding Saenchei they write in the comments imo that he incorporates part of his game from Muay Boran.

Last edited:
Out of interest I just searched a little if anyone his done artistic flying kicks in high profile MT matches but couldnt find anything other than that flying scissor kick (which is AMAZING!) from Saenchai

Is it common in Thailand to do do flying kicks in fights?

the jumping teep or scissor teep is "common" I suppose.

I have pulled it off in a fight before.

20031927_1704978419796996_4877296539385128891_n.jpg
19990377_1704978436463661_4803833237674328221_n.jpg
19989674_1704978459796992_8501493123728170247_n.jpg

I didnt mean to start at discussion about what exactly flying kicks as definition are. Lets call it just kicks with both feet in the air in MT. Regarding Saenchei they write in the comments imo that he incorporates part of his game from Muay Boran.

That was more just me trying to counter troll spacetime haha. I can also see that muay boran uses step up and "both feet off the air" techniques so im sure hes influenced by that

A flying kick is a type of kick in certain martial arts and in martial-arts based gymnastics, with the particularity that the kick is delivered while in the air, specifically moving ("flying") into the opponent after a start to gain forward momentum.

So turns out it is a flying kick i literally googled flying kick and this came up. A hoping teep in technically a flying kick idiot.

As for you calling me a retard for mentioning elbows.

This is false there are flying elbows...you call others retards but cant even look back into your own comments
giphy.gif

How do you float bruh? Make a vid on it!

Muay Boran have those chambered kicks?

Muay thai got a flying sidekick / teep, a flying roundhouse, and a long tornadokick

Muay Boran have those chambered kicks?

I am not an MT guy and know next to nothing about Thai martial arts other than that Ramon Dekkers is my nr.1 stand up fighter (kicks involved) and I watch a MT fight from time to time. Thats why I am asking . There are quite some experts here

I did not even know there were fights like the Saenchai one without gloves and different rulesets.

@shincheckin
great images! thx

Last edited:
Where's the power?

Not trying to be a dick, but if you're going to spin then you should try and generate power from the spin.

giphy.gif

How do you float bruh? Make a vid on it!

can anyone photoshop? I seriously look like Im riding a bike in the first pic. if someone could photoshop me on a bicycle that would be hilarious.

Where's the power?

Not trying to be a dick, but if you're going to spin then you should try and generate power from the spin.

I add power when i kick a human or the BOB

Back