Rate The Card: UFC on FOX 26 Lawler vs. dos Anjos

'member when every FOX card was like this?

Where did those days go?

The UFC honey-dicked the fuck out of us with the first 5-6 FOX cards. They were awesome at first, we were getting PPV caliber free cards. Then they teetered off severely. Not sure why, but this is how they always should have been. Whoever the UFC signs with next year needs to demand certain standards in terms of what fights they give them. Like must have a certain amount of "ranked" guys on each card or something.

Perry and Ponzi about to gain tons of new fans

This card is phenomenal but FOX cards have always been generally the best besides PPV's and sometimes better,especially early on.I agree with TS on the Aldo fight it's not very enthralling compared to match ups he could have had.With 2 months to go,I just can't get my hopes up especially with every event getting last minute cancellations these days.I tend to get excited and expectant after weigh ins.The good thing is for FOX cards they often scramble for replacements if there's enough time,opposite of big PPV's when they just say screw it and rely on their big name fights to bring in the viewers,which is annoying.Great card though!

This card is phenomenal but FOX cards have always been generally the best besides PPV's and sometimes better,especially early on.I agree with TS on the Aldo fight it's not very enthralling compared to match ups he could have had.With 2 months to go,I just can't get my hopes up especially with every event getting last minute cancellations these days.I tend to get excited and expectant after weigh ins.The good thing is for FOX cards they often scramble for replacements if there's enough time,opposite of big PPV's when they just say screw it and rely on their big name fights to bring in the viewers,which is annoying.Great card though!
UFC should have reversed the matchups. Aldo vs. Swanson II and Lamas vs. Ortega. Would have been much better.

UFC should have reversed the matchups. Aldo vs. Swanson II and Lamas vs. Ortega. Would have been much better.

Totally agree and pretty much every fan I have heard chime in on it would rather Aldo Cub 2.Lamas vs Ortega imo would be just as fun as Cub vs Ortega because of Lamas' willingness to grapple too,cub would stay away for the most part if I had to guess.So that fight is about as good imo while Aldo vs Cub is much more interesting so the change would be much better =/ Oh well,still fun.

Main card is a solid 7/10 don't care much for the glover fight at all.

Not PPV worth or anything but it has a great main and co-main

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos-Great fight & should lead to a title fight.
Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas II-Not what I would choose but Lamas did look great with his last 2 big wins.
Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry-Blood,Perry could KO him but he's probably gonna get raped.
Glover Teixiera vs. Misha Cirkunov-Great fight,Glover hasn't gone backwards as much as people think imo.
Antonio Nogueira vs. Jared Cannonier- *Cries*
Jordan Mein vs. Erick Silva- Fireworks but damn Mein's looked like bad,not just performance wise but legit looks sick.
Tim Elliott vs. Justin Scoggins-Non stop action,great fight.
John Makdessi vs. Abel Trujillo-Fight makes sense,should be entertaining with Johns decent tdd.
Chad Laprise vs. Galore Bolofando-Galore is so crazy explosive and athletic but he's not very good.
Nordine Taleb vs. Sultan Aliev-Aliev should just go away if he's never gonna fight but I still feel bad for him on that horrible Doug Marshall decision.
Oluwale Bamgbose vs. Alessio Di Chirico-Bamgbose is super exciting standing but lacks so bad on the ground.
Vitor Miranda vs. Julian Marquez-Marquez is fucking awesome to watch,his Bellator fight was one of the FOTY imo and he looked great on DWTNC show.

Quick picks (couple picks/method rounds might change) Scoggins/Bambgose
47257-1283524.png

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos-Great fight & should lead to a title fight.
Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas II-Not what I would choose but Lamas did look great with his last 2 big wins.
Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry-Blood,Perry could KO him but he's probably gonna get raped.
Glover Teixiera vs. Misha Cirkunov-Great fight,Glover hasn't gone backwards as much as people think imo.
Antonio Nogueira vs. Jared Cannonier- *Cries*
Jordan Mein vs. Erick Silva- Fireworks but damn Mein's looked like bad,not just performance wise but legit looks sick.
Tim Elliott vs. Justin Scoggins-Non stop action,great fight.
John Makdessi vs. Abel Trujillo-Fight makes sense,should be entertaining with Johns decent tdd.
Chad Laprise vs. Galore Bolofando-Galore is so crazy explosive and athletic but he's not very good.
Nordine Taleb vs. Sultan Aliev-Aliev should just go away if he's never gonna fight but I still feel bad for him on that horrible Doug Marshall decision.
Oluwale Bamgbose vs. Alessio Di Chirico-Bamgbose is super exciting standing but lacks so bad on the ground.
Vitor Miranda vs. Julian Marquez-Marquez is fucking awesome to watch,his Bellator fight was one of the FOTY imo and he looked great on DWTNC show.

Quick picks (couple picks/method rounds might change) Scoggins/Bambgose
47257-1283524.png
Man, all those round 1 knockouts would be crazy.

It is one of the better On FOX cards. There have been some epic on FOX events; I hope this will live up to it. Ponz gonna shock sherdog.

It is one of the better On FOX cards. There have been some epic on FOX events; I hope this will live up to it. Ponz gonna shock sherdog.
Would it really be a shock though? He's easily the better striker and has way more fights and wins. I think Sherdog just really loves the character that is Mike Perry. And so do I, he's entertaining. But I think he's going to get KO'ed here. Anyone who knows fighting should feel that way.

Back