Rate tony ferguson's cardio.

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
tony-ferguson.jpg

He is a cardio machine.

I have been saying this for a while. If Mcgregor cant finish him early. Ferg shouldn't have a problem getting a stoppage late.

Frank shamrock hurt his back and that's why he retired. He is Mexican decent. KENs his adopted brother

On a scale of 1 to 10, he's a 10. I can't remember him gassing.

I have been saying this for a while. If Mcgregor cant finish him early. Ferg shouldn't have a problem getting a stoppage late.

Maybe. But Conor impressed me in the second Nate Diaz fight with his ability to pace himself to a victory. And Nate is no slouch on the cardio, even if he's not quite as good as Ferguson.

Here comes Aldo 2. Conor's going to knock him down in the very first minute. It can be a KO or KD, it's just Tony won't be the same afterwards. He'll be in a "just survive mode" and then his cardio won't matter.

Tony needs to be ultra defensive in the first 8 minutes but I can't see it. His chances are really slim. I don't think he will be able to take Conor down either.

McGregor needs to receive an MMA loss to come back into reality but considering his all potential opponents, Tony, Diaz, Gaethje, Lee, Barboza, Khabib, Woodley, RDA, GSP, Aldo, Holloway etc. only Woodley and Khabib have some real chance to beat him.

I don't think he's gonna face either of them at the moment. With Woodley, he can say he's 200 pounds, very big, he fought at WW, he took a risk etc. but with Khabib he doesn't have that option.

That's why Khabib is the worst matchup for Conor but I'd still favour him over Khabib.

Last edited:
Maybe. But Conor impressed me in the second Nate Diaz fight with his ability to pace himself to a victory. And Nate is no slouch on the cardio, even if he's not quite as good as Ferguson.

I don't think it was really the pacing. Conor still slowed down considerably in the 2nd round. He found a second wind in the 4th round though. All of the damage from the leg kicks had Nate uncharacteristically slow down in that round too.

He has the best cardio in UFC in any classification of weight. 10/10. I saw Tony fight at very high altitude in Mexico against RDA, and he didn't even have sweat on him after round 5, he has amazing gas tank. The best.

Just for reference there were flyweights gassed on that card, and Henry Cejudo fought previously in Mexico and he was exhausted in round 3 and admitted it and said he was so tired and feeling it, 125 pounder.

10 / 10

Dude went 5 rounds toe-to-toe with RDA in Mexico city, which is high elevation, and he got STRONGER as the fight went on.

He's up there with the Diaz bros, who are also 10 / 10.

He has the best cardio in UFC in any classification of weight. 10/10. I saw Tony fight at very high altitude in Mexico against RDA, and he didn't even have sweat on him after round 5, he has amazing gas tank. The best.

Just for reference there were flyweights gassed on that card, and Henry Cejudo fought previously in Mexico and he was exhausted in round 3 and admitted it and said he was so tired and feeling it, 125 pounder.

A+ Cardio, he will take Mcgregor into deep waters and make him drown

I could gas Ferg in air hockey or ping pong.

Or real hockey, or tennis.

Volleyball or PBR football he gets owned.

But it seems his resting heart rate could very well be 9.

I don't think it was really the pacing. Conor still slowed down considerably in the 2nd round. He found a second wind in the 4th round though. All of the damage from the leg kicks had Nate uncharacteristically slow down in that round too.

There was definitely an ebb and flow to the second fight, but Conor took a lot of punishment in those later rounds and still had enough energy to finish the fight with a victory, which suggests to me that he was well prepared for a five-round fight against a guy he knew would be competitive until the very end.

On a scale from Dada 5000 to Mighty Mouse Johnson he's about Nick Diaz

Over 1 billion. Mexico city 10,000 feet - 5 rounds at 100% pace when other fighters were gassing in 1 told the story. RDA is pretty amazing too to even hang.

Back