Rate tony ferguson's cardio.

Over 1 billion. Mexico city 10,000 feet - 5 rounds at 100% pace when other fighters were gassing in 1 told the story. RDA is pretty amazing too to even hang.

Yep that was a really impressive performance from both guys. A lot of guys on the card were seriously struggling

I honestly think his skills are WAY overrated. He's super tough and has excellent cardio, which wins him fights.

He was getting beat soundly by Kevin Lee until Lee gassed hard from the HIV on his chest, and was mostly outstruck by groovy until he gassed from too much funk.

I honestly think his skills are WAY overrated. He's super tough and has excellent cardio, which wins him fights.

He was getting beat soundly by Kevin Lee until Lee gassed hard from the HIV on his chest, and was mostly outstruck by groovy until he gassed from too much funk.
Slow starter. I dont think he's won many 1st rounds. But he can afford to be with a chin and unlimited gas to feel out opponents then take over. We shall see if he keeps record run going.

Try again, skippy. I'm not a Conor fan or hater. I like the guy well enough and think he's a fantastic striker, but I also recognize his shortcomings.

Not sure why you bring up Nate in regards to takedowns. Nate is probably the worst wrestler in his division. As for Eddie, he has pretty good wrestling, but he's not a high level wrestler by any means. He's primarily a boxer (but not on Conor's level in that discipline). However, he certainly has the ability to out-wrestle Conor. The whole "never took him down once" argument is silly. Eddie was in pure survival mode before he even had a chance to employ a wrestling game plan. Conor dropped him and hurt him badly exactly one minute into the fight. Two minutes and ten seconds into the first round, Eddie had already been dropped three times. He made the same mistake that many other opponents have made against Conor (lunging in with the right hand). I wouldn't be surprised if Tony makes the same mistake.
Two years HS wrestling does not a wrestler make. Eddie was never a wrestler with is pretty virgin ears. Tony has 22 year of it and was a national champ. He doesnt use his wrestling because he likes 9 fight bonues like Gaethje but he'll have zero issues getting Conor down if Conor mans up and signs the contract.

I personaly think Tony will make Conor panic wrestle like he did Barboza. Just for fun.

Tony dominated the 2nd round in both of those fights so while yes he got rocked and lost 1st rounds you're making it sound like he was outclassed skillwise which is hard to say in just 1 round. And if the other guys can't last more then 5 minutes, then maybe they shot their entire wad just trying to win 1 single round

Tony dominated the 2nd round in both of those fights so while yes he got rocked and lost 1st rounds you're making it sound like he was outclassed skillwise which is hard to say in just 1 round. And if the other guys can't last more then 5 minutes, then maybe they shot their entire wad just trying to win 1 single round
I dont blame them. No one thinks "hey let me take Tony to deep waters."

No. His cardio is awful
image.png

{<BJPeen}<CroCop1><36><{outtahere}>{<huh}{<jordan}{<doc}<RawexDidThis1><Dany07><Varys01><LordRoose><Baelish01><CerseiPlotting><Jaime01>

Maybe. But Conor impressed me in the second Nate Diaz fight with his ability to pace himself to a victory. And Nate is no slouch on the cardio, even if he's not quite as good as Ferguson.

No he didn't pace himself for shit. Gassing out hard by the end of the second is not correct pacing. Conor needs to hold back a bit and not go for the finish with every shot. Watch Canelo vs GGG to see how an explosive athlete should pace himself.

Two years HS wrestling does not a wrestler make. Eddie was never a wrestler with is pretty virgin ears. Tony has 22 year of it and was a national champ. He doesnt use his wrestling because he likes 9 fight bonues like Gaethje but he'll have zero issues getting Conor down if Conor mans up and signs the contract.

I personaly think Tony will make Conor panic wrestle like he did Barboza. Just for fun.

He never uses his wrestling aggressively and has a history of getting taken-down. His wrestling is over-rated imo.

Gassing out hard by the end of the second is not correct pacing.

If Conor gassed out so hard at the end of the second round, why was he able to fight fifteen more minutes, absorb over a hundred of Nick's Diaz's punches, and win the fourth round (and the fight)?

If Conor gassed out so hard at the end of the second round, why was he able to fight fifteen more minutes, absorb over a hundred of Nick's Diaz's punches, and win the fourth round (and the fight)?

Because he survived the third round and Diaz couldn't finish him. I'm sure he is gonna pace himself much better vs Ferguson but Diaz fight is not a good example imo. Diaz can't cut the cage off at all, Tony might not give Conor the luxury of walking away in the way he did in the fourth and the fifth.

The human race can only hope.

Meh. Ferg's cardio is nothing compared to mine. I'm running even as I type this and have been for the last 12 hours. When I get bored with running (because I never get tired) I do gym work just for a break. Taking time to eat and sleep is for wimps.

Because he survived the third round and Diaz couldn't finish him.

If he gassed out so hard by the end of the second round, how was he able to do that? That's an impossible question for you to answer if you assume he did gas out so hard.

The answer is that Conor paced himself and was able to win round four as a result.

Last edited:
He never uses his wrestling aggressively and has a history of getting taken-down. His wrestling is over-rated imo.
And what happens to guys who take him down?
Choked the fuck out

I'd say it's a good strat

If you wanna see his wrestling watch RDA try. One of the best MMA wrestlers who took Nate down at will couldnt do shit because Tony knew he couldnt submit

Ferg doesnt go down unless he wants to.

Last edited:
If he gassed out so hard by the end of the second round, how was he able;e to do that? That's an impossible question for you to answer if you assume he did gas out so hard.

The answer is that Conor paced himself and was able to win round four as a result.

He took the third round off and barely survived it. Look at Canelo fighting a monster like GGG for 12 rounds without gassing out in the way Conor did.

He took the third round off and barely survived it.

He didn't take off round three. He got hit by Nate Diaz nearly fifty times in that round. You can't rest when you're taking that kind of punishment. Yet he still was able to come back and win round four.

Look at Canelo fighting a monster like GGG for 12 rounds without gassing out in the way Conor did.

Different sport. Besides, I never said that Conor's cardio was good; I only said he it was good enough to win a five-round fight against Nate Diaz. Which it was.

Back