Ravens Flock: "RETURN OF THE OFFENSE" 2019 edition

I'm sold. 19-0 Looms.

tumblr_inline_o2ey5cu3cF1r89lqz_1280.jpg

Holy fuck. We can't get through a preseason game without getting Justin Tucker concussed now? WTF?

damn. not good to lose a player on defense/one of our best on special teams

Holy fuck. We can't get through a preseason game without getting Justin Tucker concussed now? WTF?

Dude, his ego is out of control. I get it, he's literally our MVP but he wants to show everyone he's tough and it's like dude, maybe you have the spirit but you're a fucking midget out there and WE NEED OUR FG'S, STOP TRYING TO MAKE PLAYS!

Last edited:
we've literally lost a dozen players from our projected 53-man roster already...

Harbaugh gets extended another year.

Good. Let the rookies on defense develop and see how we fare with all of these injuries. I'm still thinking super bowl this year, but we've had SO MANY injuries before the season has even begun.

Last edited:
(this is opinion and speculation)
My read from Harbaugh watching his interviews is that he LOVES Tyus Bowser and the whole defense, he thinks they're gonna be dominant as fuck - he likes the whole rookie class and thinks they will contribute a lot. He thinks Flacco will play, and if he does we're going far. Perriman he's less sure about because he gets injured so much. He just seemed less confident about him, but he seemed pretty sure about Flacco, like 'anything could happen but I expect him to play and us to win.'

Overall, I like his body language.

One benefit to having so many injuries is that it makes room for a lot of undrafted rookies and we have a really great class of those this year. Excited to see how the 53 man roster plays out

Ravens have best home-field advantage winning % since 2007:

M&T Bank Stadium One of Toughest Places to Play on the Road

After digging into several stats, including point differential, over the last decade, ESPN’s Bill Barnwell discovered that M&T Bank Stadium has been one of the toughest places to playfor opponents on the road.

The Ravens essentially tied for the top spot with famous CenturyLink Field in Seattle, where Seahawks fans are known as the “12th man” because they get so loud that the noise has a tangible effect on the game.

“Regardless of how we calculate the numbers, the Ravens and Seahawks consistently rank among the organizations that improve most dramatically at home,” wrote Barnwell. “If we calculate this by sheer winning percentage as opposed to point differential, as an example, the Ravens have the largest home-field advantage in the league since 2007, winning 72.5 percent of their games at home but just 40 percent on the road. The Seahawks are third, with the Vikings splitting the two.

“Picking between them is tough, but I would say narrowly that the Seahawks have the best home-field advantage, in part because their home crowd might have kept Seattle afloat at times. There have been eight seasons since 2007 in which a team has enjoyed an observed home-field advantage of 10 points or more, and the Seahawks are the only team with more than one of those seasons to their name, with the 2009 and 2012 teams topping double-digits.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...his-Week/9f66ce8e-12a1-44c4-837a-166952969a27

I like the Ravens cuts so far... they got rid of 2 offensive lineman and traded for two others, hopefully upgrades. Zuttah is gone, which is good, I didn't like him coming back.

The only cut I'm a little disappointed about is Taquan Mizzell, but I guess it shows how confident they are in Danny Woodhead being healthy -- I bet Mizzell makes the practice squad.

They kept all their defensive linemen (9), lmao, and 28 defensive players compared to 22 offensive players. I DEFINITELY support that move. As long as Flacco can throw the offense will be fine and all I'm worried about is the defense dominating as much as possible.

We kept three undrafted rookies: Patrick Ricard (fullback and DE, plays both ways), Jaylen Hill (future star CB, which is a great find with Tavon Young out for the year and Canady injured), and Bam Bradley (LB who looks to replace Albert McClellan on special teams).

Almost every offensive player came back to practice today. Loving how our team looks!

d5819b82acd4d857bd6ec9fd121580aa.jpg

4103da091aabf9b50aeab025f0fca7fc.png

That's the only cut I was really disappointed with and I thought we were gonna get him back, but I guess not.

resigning another lineman for the practice squad.

undrafted rookie WR makes the practice squad and the other stand-out undrafted rookie WR, Tim White, who would have made the 53-man roster, was placed on IR for the year. So, we have two future stand-out receivers from this undrafted rookie class. Very nice.

Ravens pick up Alex Collins (RB) from the Seahawks and trade RBs with the Bears in losing Taquan Mizzell off waivers and signing Jeremy Langford (RB) after they released him.

Feels like we lost this 'trade', but maybe langford can stay healthy. Been injured for 2 years though.

Last edited:

First depth chart. That defense looking DEEP.

Especially considering that Chuck Clark is a real player and not just a special teams player. The only position we don't have super depth is MLB where CJ Mosley is maybe the best in the league and rookie Bam Bradley backs him up but apparently Bam is good as fuck too, and he is a special teams player. CJ doesn't need to come out anyways. Tim Williams 3rd string but probably going to be one of the very best pass rushers come mid-season.

giphy.gif

Just praying for no injuries on the offensive line, lmao @ James Hurst being in 3 different positions and rookie Eleumenor, the 'long term project' being an immediate back-up, NOT GOOD. But I guess I like it better than last year bc they brought back in Zuttah and let him go again in favor of Jensen, so we'll see.

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-...se-likes-it-or-not-ravens-going-to-win-with-d

"I believe that our team doesn’t have an ego," Weddle said. "We want to win; we’re tired of losing. I’m tired of losing. It irks me every day that I didn’t have a chance in the playoffs. That’s not me, it’s not what I’m about. Even if [the offense does] have a problem, I don’t care if they have a problem. It’s the way we’re going to win."

--

Eric Weddle is on some drugs. WE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR IF THE DEFENSE DIDN'T GIVE UP A GAME-LOSING DRIVE TO PITTSBURGH.

He better back all this talk the fuck up.

Totally down with what Mike Wallace is saying:
--

"Me, personally, I need that feeling again to be back out there in the playoffs and getting some extra money. We need those checks," Wallace said. "When you have a family to feed … Hopefully, we can get those Super Bowl checks and make it all the way. But, when you don’t go to the playoffs, it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Whether it is one year removed or two years removed, it doesn’t matter. Just not going, in general, the season before, hurts. Everybody knows what it is. We are focused."

--

I NEED TO EAT!!!

Final prediction for the Ravens season... I wanted to go 12-4, but I'll say 11-5. Win the AFC North. Super Bowl champions.

Glad we start with the Bengals at their place where they have beat us down every year, will be a good barometer for how improved the team is. The offense will have it rough bc they always do there and Flacco has been out all offseason, but I'm STILL going 27-13, Ravens.

Last edited:
Back