Ravens Flock: "RETURN OF THE OFFENSE" 2019 edition

DKHqWySWsAEb6zU.jpg

Good news. Jensen played well in game 1 as well, besides the 3 holding penalties. This is his first year starting. Need him to continue playing well with Yanda gone.

Austin Howard is also playing great. Outplaying Ronnie Stanley, which is surprising. Stanley needs to play better, but it's good that Howard is performing well. I had no expectations for him coming in, having never heard of him.

the two additions to the secondary grading the highest. I feel like Brandon Carr will play great all season, he loves being a Raven.

3 corner grades for the season:

JSmith: 78.7
BCarr: 78.4
MHumphrey: 79.7

giphy.gif

excited to see how Humphrey plays by the end of the season, as I keep saying. Jaylen Hill will play on that level as well when he comes back, I think. They could have 4 corners grading in the 80's by the end of the year, IMO.

Seeing 'Peanut' (Onwuasor) grade well is good too bc that position (WLB) is considered weak with him and Correa splitting snaps.

Carl Davis is gonna have to step up with Brandon Williams out.

Stanley had a bad week 1, bounced back week 2

Offensive Line Grades for the season:

LT- Stanley - 72.4
LG- Hurst - 48.2
C- Jensen - 74.8
RG-Bergstrom - 37.4 (would be 84.4 with Yanda :( )
RT- Howard - 82.3

Fortunately our TEs are grading REALLY high on run-block, like low 90's high 80's... but I think that's our final O-line with Yanda out.

Wow, good shit.

Ravens are my only sports team, so I'm gonna keep this thread updated throughout the season :) I'm off of all social media that I actually use, too, (I just check twitter for updates) so this is like my 'break' from the work I do the rest of the day. I'm glad I have another Ravens fan to appreciate it with me, but even if I were the only one I would do it. Everyone else needs to get on board.

#RavensFlock
#GoRavens

I'm also really glad we have a week to play a great d-line without Yanda before we face the Steelers. Losing Yanda isn't just a blow on the field, but in the locker-room. If the line can manage even a somewhat decent game vs. jax and the team gets a win, they'll feel much better at home against the Steelers.

DKLTzDJVYAENnl6.jpg:large

Season grades for TEs

BWatson - 87.7
NBoyle - 77.1
MWilliams - 75.9

good shit.

Another CB to replace Reggie Porter who the Browns signed from our practice squad

"Josh Thornton played college football for Southern Utah University. He went undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft and was signed by the Detroit Lions as an UDFA. On the massive cut-down day, Thornton was released by the Lions.

In the preseason, he appeared in all four games for Detroit. He recorded two pass-breakups and two combined tackles, as per NFL.com. Thornton stands at 5-foot-11 and 185 pounds."

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2...s-practice-squad-ravens-sign-cb-josh-thornton

Actually important news:

ZSmith back practicing :)

I'm gonna post this stuff just once to say that I won't be posting about it in the future

I don't like these projected stats for the season. Although, it is nice to see, I'm more interested in the players that are going to be on the field and the results achieved so far in games already played, looking ahead maybe one or two weeks at the most.

I will post this, tho, Ravens DVOA after 2 weeks is the best ever (1989-2017)

Best Defensive DVOA in Weeks 1-2, 1989-2017
Year Team DVOA W-L Final DVOA Final Rank Results
2017 BAL -70.8% 2-0 -- -- 20-0 at CIN, 24-10 vs. CLE
1989 CLE1 -69.5% 2-0 -16.9% 3 51-0 at PIT, 38-24 vs. NYJ
2006 BAL -68.7% 2-0 -23.0% 1 27-0 at TB, 28-6 vs. OAK
2002 SD -64.5% 2-0 2.4% 22 34-6 at CIN, 24-3 vs. HOU
2012 HOU -60.1% 2-0 -14.2% 4 30-10 vs. MIA, 27-7 at JAC
2005 TB -54.5% 2-0 -8.6% 8 24-13 at MIN, 19-3 vs. BUF
1999 TB -54.1% 1-1 -19.4% 2 13-17 vs. NYG (L), 19-5 at PHI
1991 PHI -52.8% 1-1 -42.4% 1 20-3 at GB, 10-26 vs. PHX (L)
1996 DEN -52.6% 2-0 -15.3% 3 31-6 vs. NYJ, 30-20 at SEA
1996 GB -51.7% 2-0 -19.3% 1 34-3 at TB, 39-13 vs. PHI

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2017/week-2-dvoa-ratings

Last edited:
ZSmith not just practicing, but on track to PLAY vs. Jax. Great news cuz Brandon Williams is likely out.

--
"Za’Darius Smith is apparently a quick healer.

Despite sustaining what appeared to be a serious left knee and ankle injury in the Ravens’ season-opening 20-0 shutout of the Cincinnati Bengals on Sept. 10, the outside linebacker not only returned to Wednesday’s practice, but was also a full participant, according to the team’s first injury report of the week.

If Smith – who had one sack and one quarterback hit before leaving the Bengals’ game in the second quarter – can maintain that trend on Thursday and Friday, he would almost certainly be active Sunday."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...fully-practiced-wednesday-20170920-story.html

Terrence West out of practice for second straight day. They're still not disclosing an injury, so I assume it's not a big deal.

DKLTzDJVYAENnl6.jpg:large

Season grades for TEs

BWatson - 87.7
NBoyle - 77.1
MWilliams - 75.9

good shit.
This is so important. FlacGOAT loves his security blankets and plays so much better when he has them. Good to see he'll have more than one once Woodhead comes back.

Terrence West out of practice for second straight day. They're still not disclosing an injury, so I assume it's not a big deal.

more carries for Alex Collins who I want to see more of :) glad all the defensive injuries so far have been knick-knack.

This is so important. FlacGOAT loves his security blankets and plays so much better when he has them. Good to see he'll have more than one once Woodhead comes back.

Yes, HUGE!! Flacco needs a player like that and Watson himself can be really good, even better than Pitta.

Jalen Ramsey (top CB for jags) is looking like he might be out for Sunday, which hopefully will open up balls for Perriman, or especially Mike Wallace. I feel like they tried to target Perriman and he just had drops but they haven't been trying to get Mike Wallace the ball. Not that I'm especially concerned about his happiness, but he's a good player and getting him in rhythm is obviously good for the team. At the end of last season I felt like we were getting in a decent offensive rhythm in the passing game, and I feel like the play-calling is better this year and the players are better this year (minus the o-line), more comfortable with the system --- all I want is a win, but I'm expecting some work for Wallace this game, esp if Ramsey is out.

Altho, their d-line is so good, Flacco might not have much time at all, still doesn't mean you can't hit Wallace on slants and stuff. I expect the offensive play-calling to expand no matter what unless they just overwhelm Flacco and we can't pass at all.

Get on it, Marty. Lol.

I got to watch one of those 'Ravens in 30 Minutes' videos the other day. It's most of the plays with the dead time edited out. No replays and they do skip probably 30% of the snaps, but you see a lot of the action. Perriman and Wallace are definitely underutilized, and frankly, underperforming, but I think as Flacco gets more comfortable physically and with the O-Line that'll probably pick up. I just don't want them forcing things to keep receivers happy. I know virtually all WRs have that diva strain to them, but these guys have things to prove so hopefully they don't get too frustrated.

Final injury report for ravens/jags

DKV6TokXUAAHtIC.jpg:large

-- not having brandon williams obviously sucks against a running team like jax. maxx williams is a loss, too, with our injured o-line. I really want to see Jaylen Hill play, so that's disappointing but I'm not worried about the secondary.

Jags look clean, altho their leading receiver is on IR.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's game. I'm not taking a victory for granted at all. Jacksonville has a great defense. We'll see what happens. No prediction besides hoping for a Ravens win.

Back