Ravens Flock: "THE DEFENSE STRIKES BACK" edition | Page 14

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by HUNTERMANIA, Aug 19, 2017.

1. HUNTERMANIA "I felt it."

HUNTERMANIA

Not good for the Ravens. Need to keep DeCosta -- he'd be fucking great for the Packers tho. I thought they were safe in keeping him after the Giants and Browns job got filled, but I guess not.

iwhoopedbatman likes this.
  2. HUNTERMANIA "I felt it."

HUNTERMANIA
    Also, Joe Flacco will have an actual QB coach now, hopefully to help with his mechanics - James Urban... who was the WR coach in cinci for the past 7 years? and before that the QB coach with Marty in Philly. So, I guess it's a reunion of those two (Marty/Urban).

"Urban spent the past seven years as the Cincinnati Bengals’ wide receivers coach. Prior to that, he was the Philadelphia Eagles’ quarterbacks coach in 2009 and 2010, when he helped direct Pro Bowl seasons for Donovan McNabb (’09) and Michael Vick (’10). In 2010, Vick earned NFL Comeback Player of the Year honors and was the NFC starter in the Pro Bowl."

“I want to win football games, do what it takes to win football games and put people in place to win football games,” Urban continued. “The Ravens are about tough, physical, disciplined football, and those are appealing things to me. Obviously, Marty and I coached together for seven years, and he has guided me in many ways – in terms of what I believe about quarterback play and offensive play. I am really excited to be back with Marty and to go to work.” -- James Urban

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018/01/05/ravens-press-releases/ravens-coaching-moves/

iwhoopedbatman likes this.
  3. iwhoopedbatman Fox Hunter Extraordinaire

iwhoopedbatman
    DeCosta needs to stay. He's supposed to take over once Ozzie retires.

Pagano for DC? I guess. I know he's supposed to be a good DC, but Indy's defense has been abysmal while he's been there.

Apparently Marty keeps his job, which is annoying, but not surprising. This franchise values consistency (even though they've had a rotating door in that position since Joe and John have been here).

HUNTERMANIA likes this.
  4. iwhoopedbatman Fox Hunter Extraordinaire

iwhoopedbatman
    So who off this Alabama defense is Ozzie going to draft this year?