Ray Donovan

I haven't noticed a lot of foreshadowing, but that caught my eye. I assume his health will be a coming theme, but I think death is a bit dramatic, it would more or less jump the shark if they kill him off.

What looked more like a sinister foreshadow was them mentioning that the passport was rushed. Not sure Avi is coming back from his trip, which may put Ray in another moral dilemma.

I agree, John Voight is the best part of the show and killing him off would be a big mistake.

I missed why they forged a passport rather than procuring his real one.

I agree, John Voight is the best part of the show and killing him off would be a big mistake.

The passport was of the guy that
Ray's boss killed. They're making it look like he's going to Mexico with stolen money, which would explain his disappearance. Hence, they put Avi's picture on it, but they made a point to say it was rushed, as in, there's likely trouble ahead. Given that he's not completely square with Avi, it could make for an interesting theme if Avi gets busted, or worse. Who knows, maybe it's not a foreshadow at all...

Gotta disagree on Mickey. His character is goofy, weird, distracting and not too believable for me. Don't like him at all...his death would be welcome.

The passport was of the guy that
Ray's boss killed. They're making it look like he's going to Mexico with stolen money, which would explain his disappearance. Hence, they put Avi's picture on it, but they made a point to say it was rushed, as in, there's likely trouble ahead. Given that he's not completely square with Avi, it could make for an interesting theme if Avi gets busted, or worse. Who knows, maybe it's not a foreshadow at all...

I admit I was flossing & brushing around this time in the show so I must be totally confused about the whole plan. In fact it makes less sense now.

Why would a guy who isn't wanted by police at the time of travel, who is going to a country with no extradition, need a fake passport?

Gotta disagree on Mickey. His character is goofy, weird, distracting and not too believable for me. Don't like him at all...his death would be welcome.

That's how I felt when the series started by now I rely on Mick for the comic relief. Like when he hits on the lady cop and she says something to the effect of how she'll be thinking about his proposition all night. Or last week's move with the 10k and getting the car back. Whatever fun is in the show is coming from Mick.

I admit I was flossing & brushing around this time in the show so I must be totally confused about the whole plan. In fact it makes less sense now.

Why would a guy who isn't wanted by police at the time of travel, who is going to a country with no extradition, need a fake passport?

I was actually screwing around myself, so I missed a few things, too.

They killed the guy and to make it look like he stole money and fled the country, they got Avi his passport and switched his picture for Avi's (to fool the border guards), making it look like the guy went to Mexico, but it will have been Avi.

Avi would then presumably return back with his own passport and the PI will conclude that the guy stole money and fled to Mexico, and they get away with murder.

That's how I felt when the series started by now I rely on Mick for the comic relief. Like when he hits on the lady cop and she says something to the effect of how she'll be thinking about his proposition all night. Or last week's move with the 10k and getting the car back. Whatever fun is in the show is coming from Mick.

My guess is they're closing all possible avenues as to why the dude might be missing. He's run off to Mexico with millions and disappeared...to answer your first question.

As to my reply...I see why he would be appealing in that sense. Lot's of intense action and emotion with not much letup aside from Mickey.

I was actually screwing around myself, so I missed a few things, too.

They killed the guy and to make it look like he stole money and fled the country, they got Avi his passport and switched his picture for Avi's (to fool the border guards), making it look like the guy went to Mexico, but it will have been Avi.

Avi would then presumably return back with his own passport and the PI will conclude that the guy stole money and fled to Mexico, and they get away with murder.

I guess then I'm unfamiliar with the ins & outs of crossing the border. Last time I was in Mexico you didn't need a passport. Is it correct that Mexico now requires a passport and they log everyone crossing the border? It makes sense now that it was the dude's actual passport, but with the picture swapped out. I thought they cooked one up from scratch.

By the way, since the show aired and this thread gets close to zero traffic, why bother with the spoilers?

As to my reply...I see why he would be appealing in that sense. Lot's of intense action and emotion with not much letup aside from Mickey.

What can I say, Mick telling molestation jokes to "survivors" warmed me up to his character. :eek::icon_evil

I guess then I'm unfamiliar with the ins & outs of crossing the border. Last time I was in Mexico you didn't need a passport. Is it correct that Mexico now requires a passport and they log everyone crossing the border? It makes sense now that it was the dude's actual passport, but with the picture swapped out. I thought they cooked one up from scratch.

By the way, since the show aired and this thread gets close to zero traffic, why bother with the spoilers?

Spoilers is just habit, don't wanna piss anyone off.

Good point about not needing a passport, perhaps it's a plot hole, but that's the plan they have, to make it look like he crossed the border and fled.

I think they are just trying to create a false trail. I doubt avi gets arrested although the foreshadowing was pretty heavy.

I think they are just trying to create a false trail. I doubt avi gets arrested although the foreshadowing was pretty heavy.

I've been wrong before, but I'm willing to bet this is not for nothing. They don't put that line in the script for it to go nowhere, at the very least it makes a climactic scene at the border/airport.

Anyone thinking Abby and Terry will eventually hookup?

Anyone thinking Abby and Terry will eventually hookup?

I'm starting to wonder if they're not putting in false foreshadowing scenes. I don't think that will happen, it would go against the nature of Terry's character, but I'm doing a poor job of predicting this show.

I'm starting to wonder if they're not putting in false foreshadowing scenes. I don't think that will happen, it would go against the nature of Terry's character, but I'm doing a poor job of predicting this show.

I saw that but I just can't picture either one of those characters making a move on each other.

Terry's reason might be his Parkinson's. He would have totally hallucinated that Abby was someone else and Abby got carried away, she was turned on by Terry's illness.

Back