RDA vs Covington would be a great fight

Official

OT Newcomer of the Year 2017 Nominee
@Green
Reaction score
I don’t care at all about Covington's pro wrestling persona. He comes of like a giant douche but rooting against him just makes fights more interesting. If RDA beats him, that's going to set up a fantastic match up vs Woodley, and fuck you I think Woodley is a great fighter. RDA vs Woodley would be fascinating. And if Covington wins, then hell yes him vs Woodley is going to be fun.

Nothing to shit on here, sherdog. Just be fucking happy for once.

Last edited:
Good match up for sure. His talking aside Covington is a contender with his win vs Maia, regardless of it being a shitty fight. If the rumors about it being for an interim title is true that's messed up however.

Good fight for RDA to test his tdd before fighting for the real belt.

Colby got his ass kicked by k-1 Maia on the feet while he had gas, but RDA's tank will never end and his striking is much better. So I see RDA hurting him with a very high output, using his MT and boxing. When Colby feels RDA's power he's gonna panic wrestle and end up getting TKO'd. Probably in the 3rd.

Colby's going to need an armed guard in Brazil!

yup this is the best number 1 contender fight to make right now

Ok Colby make a statement. Put a stamp on your title run because your last win was not impressive.

Yeah, that's a good #1 contender fight.

Is Woodley injured, or just holding out for dat GSP money?

RDA by death. Colby is simply a garbage fighter who talked his way into a fight via his mouth. Hope RDA puts him in a coma.

shouldn't be in Brazil though...too much of a shiit show.

Unfortunately Colby got this, it will look similar to Khabib vs RDA, just Colby will take him down and lay on him for 5 rounds, Colby is bigger and RDAs weakness is Wrestling also a Submission will be unlikely but it could happen just see this as a bad matchup for RDA, Thompson would ko him with Colby running in, he would be way harder to take down.

Unfortunately Colby got this, it will look similar to Khabib vs RDA, just Colby will take him down and lay on him for 5 rounds, Colby is bigger and RDAs weakness is Wrestling also a Submission will be unlikely but it could happen just see this as a bad matchup for RDA, Thompson would ko him with Colby running in, he would be way harder to take down.
Mate, you absolutely cannot put Covington into the same category as Khabib. Khabib is P4P the best offensive wrestler in the sport at the moment. He bashes guys half to death and has elite submission skills.

Covington is a good wrestler, but in no way is he in the same league. Khabib couldn't keep RDA down, and Covington hasn't really fought a solid wrestler. That's why he wanted nothing to do with Usman.

Maybe we haven't seen Colby's full wrestling potential, but there's no way I'm giving him a serious advantage over RDA in the grappling stakes based on what we've seen.

If you think RDA has a wrestling weakness based on his Khabib fight, then anyone who's ever faced Khabib is a shitty wrestler.

Hope RDA is at his best and really punishes that piece of shit Covington. And then a Brazilian shoves a boomerang up his ass before he gets on the plane

Last edited:
Mate, you absolutely cannot put Covington into the same category as Khabib. Khabib is P4P the best offensive wrestler in the sport at the moment. He bashes guys half to death and has elite submission skills.

Covington is a good wrestler, but in no way is he in the same league. Khabib couldn't keep RDA down, and Covington hasn't really fought a solid wrestler. That's why he wanted nothing to do with Usman.

Maybe we haven't seen Colby's full wrestling potential, but there's no way I'm giving him a serious advantage over RDA in the grappling stakes based on what we've seen.

If you think RDA has a wrestling weakness based on his Khabib fight, then anyone who's ever faced Khabib is a shitty wrestler.
I know Khabib is the superior wrestler no doubt but Colby is a NCCA Div 1 Wrestler i dont like the guy but i will not take away anything from him, he wrestlefucked basically all his Opponents and in dominating fashion i would love RDA to win, but if Colby plays it safe RDA is without a chance, if this fight happens i will put good money on him. RDA has good standup, good ground game but he is facing the bigger more skilled wrestler, RDA is everywhere solid but his wrestling is weakness not saying he is terrible but if you want to beat RDA its best to beat him with Wrestling. And what the hell do you mean he couldnt hold him down Khabib had 10 minutes of top time in 15 minutes and he took him down 6 times, it was a lopsided win. Also even if you are a great BJJ guy if you fight a great wrestler it will be nulified, wrestlers usually dont get subbed they get kod or win or get outwrestled by a even better wrestler.

Back