Re: MT roundhouse

You should take things less personally and stop trying hard to defend yourself.

All I said initially was "I'd suggest signing up to some lessons under a legit instructor and you'll learn all of that."

There was nothing personal or insulting in that sentence. I said that because just like Andy I learnt the answers to those questions by actually learning from decent trainers, not by asking online. It is a sound advice.

Then of course you had to be sarcastic about my "insightful contribution" and you being an "amateur fighter" and all.

To be honest with you I feel sorry for you if your Thai coach cannot answer your questions, or maybe you weren't bothered to ask him in the first place.

Taking apart a kick into several components is pretty basic, it's not advanced strategies. Coaches might have their own personal variations but if they're legit enough they'll show you the different variations AND most importantly answer your questions and teach you what suits your body type and fighting style. That's what a legit coach does.

There's nothing wrong with asking people's opinion online, but then don't go aggro when one of those opinions is that you should ask your coach and if he's too shit to answer your questions then maybe go see another one instead. That's the best way to learn, by having someone with real knowledge show you how it's done physically, and correct it when you are actually performing it in front of him. Describing with words how to kick is never gonna be good enough, that's my opinion.

Good luck with your internet quest for answers mister amateur fighter.

actual technical advice: 0.00

if you've actually read my op...u would have realised I actually asked my coach. instead u go write post after post laughing at this and that then accusing me of being aggro

Last edited:
"I don't mean to sound condescending"...except in the very next sentence I ask whether you fight out of your garage. "My advice to take a few lessons wasn't a piss take"...except in the OP it clearly states that I have a thai coach.

Go away. As you can see from posts made by Andy, there is much to be learned from sherdog posters. What is so "basic" about taking apart a kick into several components and trying to figure out the best variation for different situations? Coaches often have their own distinct styles dependant on how they like to fight. The variation they teach/like using the most may/may not work for students so what is so wrong asking others for a different perspective?

Btw, you have yet to actually make a single contribution regarding roundhouse technique...

Don't get too mad, we're all friends here (mostly). Tayski is a good poster, he's just blunt, he doesn't mean anything bad in it

Back