Realistically how much far can Lyoto Machida Go in the Bellator?

Realistically how much far can Lyoto Machida go and how much competitive will be in the Bellator Middleweight division?
There are fighters like Mousasi, Alexander Shlemenko, Rafael Carvalho, Melvin Manhoef and Muhammed Lawal.
Who cares how far he goes? Both bader and mousasi likely want rematches with him.

Give him a can to crush at 185 so he can add another highlight reel KO to his resume.

So did he get released?
Seems like his UFC deal ended and UFC tried to match it, but Lyoto honored his verbal agreement with Coker.

Lyoto wasn't big for 205 and he shrank a lot for MW. Not so sure he wants 205 again. Not a lot of depth for him to face in 185. I think he'd smoke Wanderlei, Manhoef, King Mo.

He’s past his prime, and will not win a title. He may KO Wanderlei or Tito, and maybe have an entertaining scrap with someone like Shilling / Manhoef / Kato / Shlemenko. I hope he retires in 2 years or so.

I doubt he wins any fights in Bellator. I'm dead serious.

He has a good chance of being top 5 at MW and LHW. We will see what he has left. I'd love to see him become MW and LHW champ but I don't know if he can beat Bader and Mousasi again at this point.

Back