Really mad with my black belt training partner right now

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
We've known each other for years and have been at the same club for years but tonight we had a bit of a harder roll. Probably about 70-80%.

He got a small cut on his hand (it happens) and I felt bad but then the fucking guy started intentionally wiping his blood on my white gi pants out of spite while we were rolling.

I took his fucking back and got a RNC on him tonight. We reset and he starts wiping blood on me and does eventually get a good cross collar on me from side control.

Instead of congratulating me on getting his back and doing well, he fucking wipes his blood on all over my gi on purpose (I literally saw him swiping his bloody hand on my gi repeatedly to get blood on me... it was not accidental) and then lectures me after on how to "respect black belts" and claims that he could have "done anything he wanted" to me. He was fighting pretty hard to escape the back control but whatever, I guess he could have just done whatever he wanted to me... cool story bro.

I've been training martial arts since I was a kid and am now 30, have full contact kick boxing experience, have a black belt in karate from long ago etc.... so the lecturing really just felt like sour grapes and now my gi is covered in his fucking spite blood.

The head trainer got slept by a white belt before and congratulated him after for the great technique. I suppose not all black belts share the humility. I hate the fucking belt system, it makes people all weird. In kickboxing we just train as human beings and that's it, not represented by colored belts with hyperbolic meanings that get people butt-hurt when lower belts smoke em.

I expect humility from black belts, just like I saw from the head trainer when the white belt slept him in front of everyone. I'm not going to roll with this BB again, fuck that shit. I spent 6-7 years getting crushed by 200lb dudes, and even more years eating jabs, knees, kicks, and crosses from strikers and never bitched once about it. Fuck this shit.

EDIT: Calmed down sherbros, sorry for the vent lol. I'm just really mad about him intentionally bloodying up my gi. That's so irresponsible and petty for anyone let alone a black belt to do. I like the guy so I'm disappointed.

UPDATE: Talked to the head professor about it. He told me that it is the worst thing he has ever heard of a BB doing in his thirty something years of training. He is going to talk with the asshole BB and he is going to talk with everyone about being team mates and training partners. However, I was honest and told him that I will not apologize to this guy or be cool with him whatsoever. Anyone (regardless of belts or martial arts even)... anyone who gets mad and wipes blood on me or spits on me or anything like that is on my shit list. I told my prof I won't cause any trouble and if the guy is around I'll just ignore him, but I'm not drilling or rolling with him again.

Last edited:
They say leave your ego at the door blah blah blah. That seems to go away when ppl rank up. I've known a lot of black belts that "demand respect/think theot shit don't stink. Black belts don't give you superpowers

Challenge him to an old fashioned duel to the death or if one combatant yields he must surrender his belt and never train again

I hate belts too, started Judo ten years ago and sometimes I feel not even good, wish there would be Sambo because in both Judo and BJJ I have encountered this kind of black belts. Lucky for me I am now in a nice small BJJ place but hope nobody change his attitude when get upper belts.

Not a fan of a belting system, I do see the benefit of it from a business pov though; A competitive blue > hobbyist purple, probably even brown depending on how serious and high level the competitor is. And lets not get started on celebrity belts for gym publicity.

That BB sounds like a total tool though

We've known each other for years and have been at the same club for years but tonight we had a bit of a harder roll. Probably about 70-80%.

He got a small cut on his hand (it happens) and I felt bad but then the fucking guy started intentionally wiping his blood on my white gi pants out of spite while we were rolling.

I took his fucking back and got a RNC on him tonight. We reset and he starts wiping blood on me and does eventually get a good cross collar on me from side control.

Instead of congratulating me on getting his back and doing well, he fucking wipes his blood on all over my gi on purpose (I literally saw him swiping his bloody hand on my gi repeatedly to get blood on me... it was not accidental) and then lectures me after on how to "respect black belts" and claims that he could have "done anything he wanted" to me. He was fighting pretty hard to escape the back control but whatever, I guess he could have just done whatever he wanted to me... cool story bro.

I've been training martial arts since I was a kid and am now 30, have full contact kick boxing experience, have a black belt in karate from long ago etc.... so the lecturing really just felt like sour grapes and now my gi is covered in his fucking spite blood.

The head trainer got slept by a white belt before and congratulated him after for the great technique. I suppose not all black belts share the humility. I hate the fucking belt system, it makes people all weird. In kickboxing we just train as human beings and that's it, not represented by colored belts with hyperbolic meanings that get people butt-hurt when lower belts smoke em.

I expect humility from black belts, just like I saw from the head trainer when the white belt slept him in front of everyone. I'm not going to roll with this BB again, fuck that shit. I spent 6-7 years getting crushed by 200lb dudes, and even more years eating jabs, knees, kicks, and crosses from strikers and never bitched once about it. Fuck this shit.

EDIT: Calmed down sherbros, sorry for the vent lol. I'm just really mad about him intentionally bloodying up my gi. That's so irresponsible and petty for anyone let alone a black belt to do. I like the guy so I'm disappointed.

First of all. I'm a 1st degree blackbelt in bjj and have never been tapped or let alone "slept" by a white belt. I question that blackbelt skills.

2ND. A legit black belt will toy with some one like you with whatever years in karate you have lol.

3rd. That blackbelt who rubbed blood on you on purpose is a prick for doing that.

4th. SMH.

First of all. I'm a 1st degree blackbelt in bjj and have never been tapped or let alone "slept" by a white belt. I question that blackbelt skills.

2ND. A legit black belt will toy with some one like you with whatever years in karate you have lol.

3rd. That blackbelt who rubbed blood on you on purpose is a prick for doing that.

4th. SMH.

In my profs defense, the guy was a legit judo brown belt and caught him in a collar choke. It happens. It will happen to you sometime and I hope you have the humility to deal with it properly.

And don't hate on karate dawg.

Not a fan of a belting system, I do see the benefit of it from a business pov though; A competitive blue > hobbyist purple, probably even brown depending on how serious and high level the competitor is. And lets not get started on celebrity belts for gym publicity.

That BB sounds like a total tool though
He's a nice guy normally. He got into it a little bit with someone else earlier too. Had a bad night, I'm not gonna call him out on it. It's fine.

In my profs defense, the guy was a legit judo brown belt and caught him in a collar choke. It happens. It will happen to you sometime and I hope you have the humility to deal with it properly.

And don't hate on karate dawg.

Maybe you're professor didn't respect the brown belt in judo skills to be caught. 13yrs and counting not being subbed by a white belt. I'll probably get caught as I get older (shrug.)

what are you pissed about, that he has an ego or that you have a bloody gi. id be pissed about the gi regardless of what happened beforehand. wouldve just stopped rolling.

That is why i don't ever buy expensive gis. All my gis are under $100.

Train harder, get better, and smash him. Or else don't roll with him. He's just one of those guys who thinks a belt means so much. My coach is such a beast and smashes all of us so much that when a run of the mill black belt comes through it doesn't feel like anything special rolling with them.

There's a guyi train with who has a similar attitude and he only just got promoted to brown. It's hilarious because no one wants to hang with him outside of the gym, and our coach doesn't think too much of him. Honest to God if you're such a dork that you derive a sense of power from denigrating other ADULTS who are lower belts at your fucking bjj gym, you've got problems.

Don't fret over such a person.

Maybe you're professor didn't respect the brown belt in judo skills to be caught. 13yrs and counting not being subbed by a white belt. I'll probably get caught as I get older (shrug.)
That happens with wrestling too, is not so rare these days.

That happens with wrestling too, is not so rare these days.

Wow, they give belts in wrestling now?

(apart from this kind, of course

4yjl1et.jpg
)

Im a black belt. When there is 0:30 on the clock, I will let white and blue belts get any submission locked in that they want and just defend out the round. Sometimes people are stronger than they look.

Im a black belt. When there is 0:30 on the clock, I will let white and blue belts get any submission locked in that they want and just defend out the round. Sometimes people are stronger than they look.

He claimed he "let me take his back" which is fine, but don't get upset when someone gets you for that and start wiping blood all over them on purpose.

Back