Reasons why Conor McGregor would beat Khabib in a rematch

To me, the best chance (and the only GREAT chance) that Conor has of winning a rematch is if Khabib gets too confident in his striking heading into it and decides to stand and trade with Conor in the opening rounds instead of taking him down, and ends up paying the price for it. He stood with him a little during their fight on Saturday, even landing the most significant strike of the fight in the second round, and took minimum damage doing so. But that was only after Conor was gassed. If he gets too sure of himself and too eager to prove a point and tries to play Conor's game while Conor is still fresh, that will almost certainly be his downfall.

There's so many reasons why Conor would beat Khabib in a rematch:

1) Conor wasn't at his best, but that was the best Khabib you're ever going to see. Your not going to see a better version of Khabib than that, however who knows what could happen if a better Conor shows up in the rematch.

2) I don't think Conor was motivated efficiently for this fight. Drinking whiskey not taking the fight seriously. However now he has his motivation, he's now driven again motivated again.

3) Conors tactics was wrong, by the words of his own coach, they worked too much on defense and little on offence.

4) Conors own coach himself said the following: "ABSOLUTELY CONOR SUFFERED FROM RING RUST". Said it on the Joe rogan show, check it out of you don't believe me. He said it. In the rematch there would be no ring rust.

5) Conor WANTS the rematch more than anything. Khabib doesn't seem to want it though.....I wonder why.

6) Conor knows now what to do when Khabib takes him to the ground or how to stop the takedowns (see round 3).
<Dany07>

He very well could, that's called a puncher's chance. 1 in 10 maybe.

Conor loses to Khabib 100% of the time. Conor's power doesn't translate when fighting full grown men.

Give someone a second chance, or more and they may have a shot at winning.

Conors only chance at ever beating kahbib is if he catches him with something clean and hard, that rocks or drops kahbib where conor would have to rush forward and get over top and gnp him out.

conor will never submit kahbib, and likely not 1 punch ko him.

conor fans are forgetting that conor hit kahbib many times with his left and it didn't do much of anything, this isn't to say that conor can't rock or wobble him, but it never remotely came close in happening during the fight.

It was kahbib who actually had the better strikes, he was the one who dropped conor when really it should've been the other way around.

Conor will never be able to prepare for the cardio needed, even if he works on his wrestling, kahbib is just on another level that getting put on his back will be just as easy as it was the first time around. Eventually conor will get worn out and kahbib will keep his pace and do what he does, sure if you give conor a bunch of chances he has a shot to win, realistically anybody can win if they are the better fighter that night, but I still believe kahbib wins 9/10 times which IMHO in a rematch I see kahbib winning again.

Khabib took him down easily in 15 seconds exposing Conor's weak lateral movement.

The only question was could he close the distance and he did it in 15 seconds and sent him to cardio hell.

Khabib wins 9.5/10

You do know that is not a takedown you see in that gif? He got it later, but not in 15 seconds like you claimed.

The only way Conor ever beats khabib in a fist fight is if they poisoned king khabib.. even then my money is on the king

Conor was lulling kebab into complacency. F'ng Herb Dean ruins another epic fight.
Dean didn't even realize that Conor was simply throwing palm strikes to Khabib's forearm in order to loosen the hold. Another early stoppage by Dean.

Conor will never beat Khabib, NEVER. He needs to go to 145 ASAP.

1) Conor wasn't at his best, but that was the best Khabib you're ever going to see. Your not going to see a better version of Khabib than that, however who knows what could happen if a better Conor shows up in the rematch.

2) I don't think Conor was motivated efficiently for this fight. Drinking whiskey not taking the fight seriously. However now he has his motivation, he's now driven again motivated again.

3) Conors tactics was wrong, by the words of his own coach, they worked too much on defense and little on offence.

4) Conors own coach himself said the following: "ABSOLUTELY CONOR SUFFERED FROM RING RUST". Said it on the Joe rogan show, check it out of you don't believe me. He said it. In the rematch there would be no ring rust.

5) Conor WANTS the rematch more than anything. Khabib doesn't seem to want it though.....I wonder why.

6) Conor knows now what to do when Khabib takes him to the ground or how to stop the takedowns (see round 3).
McTapper won't be able to do anything with his nuts that far down your throat... friggin moron...

Just stop

First, take his you know what out of your mouth, then see if you are thinking in a more reasonable manner. I almost feel sorry for you. Put your money where your mouth is. We can share paypal accounts (this is for real).

To beat khabib, first thing is to look in mirror and at least question his yes minions around him and realize he still needs to evolve his ground game. 2nd, he needs to " spank his inner moppet " when it comes to people getting their hands around or near his neck.

If this is not addressed, it's my opinion him beating khabib will be futile. This is not Nate Diaz (sometimes the better fighter loses- especially in this game).
This is a whole different animal.

TS might be retarded. like legit RETARDED. it's the only possible explanation. so let's not be too hard oh him

I don't really like the "ring rust" argument. Cruz was out for over 2 years and came back to win the title against TJ. GSP was out for over 4 years and came back to win the MW title against Bisping.

Conor was just bested, simple as that. He lost the fight, will probably grow from it and be better down the road. Stop making so many excuses, it just makes the loss look worse if you ask me.

Back