Reboot: the first CGI show and its new horrible incarnation

I do remember that show once I watched that clip. I forgot it even existed until this thread.

Great show from a great studio. The new one looks like it's really dumbed down in comparison.

Anyone remember those Short Circuitz they would play on YTV? I always liked this one

The only frustrating thing is they would only play some if it most times so it was rare to see the whole thing - between shows

Holy nostalgia. :eek:

The show got great when the Class-M Webcreature invaded mainframe.

I liked that show as a kid. Don't remember much about it though. The only specific episode I remember is when they go to an underwater level, and in one part there's sharks, so the water is all red. Definitely don't remember any big cliffhanger, that would have pissed me off.

The new show looks awful lol

I thought to myself the trailer can't be that bad, he must be exaggerating.

Nope, it's that bad. Holy shit. This is a warcrime against Reboot and television.

It looks like a crappy combo of Power Rangers, Tron and Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad.

Is there an interviews with the director/writers/Netflix at why they chose this route for the reboot of Reboot?

+edit
Apparently Canadians won't get it on Netflix either way, if we want to die inside we have to tune into YTV in June...

Last edited:
Wud watch only for nostalgia reasons.

I remember when enzo looked up to bob and megabyte fked up both of them.

Eventually enzo become a baddass like future gohan with anger issues like rapheal from tmnt. Bob had ascended.

Show was sick

Well...I certainly don't remember that shitty looking show, but I definitely remember beast wars, which was fucking badass.
VxQg8bT.gif

Did reboot have any characters with a T-Rex head for an arm?
23b.gif

And its also from canada apparently

The graphics were cool, but the show was trash. There was only one Reboot fan in Grade 4 when it came out, and the guy was a fucking loser

BEAST WARS on the other hand? Fuck around and get slapped son

reboot seemed weird to me as a kid but it was definitely original and got your attention.

Roughnecks was good cgi cartoon in the 90's

images

RoughnecksIllo.jpg

So... anyone not from Canada see it yet? Bob, Enzo and Dot appear in episode 10? Also, apparently Reboot is a show in the Reboot reboot and they make fun of fans by having some fat guy in a Reboot t-shirt surrounded by memorabilia?

Reboot was the first fully CGI show and it's from Canada -first aired in 1994! I grew up with this show:

Hopefully a lot of you remember this. It was a good show, takes place entirely in some guy's computer. The first two seasons are mostly random episodes with an arc developing at the end of season 2. Season 3 got much darker and as I grew up the show grew up too.

But the show got a little too ambitious and set up an epic cliff hanger hoping to get more episodes. Anyone who's a huge fan of Reboot knows this cliff hanger is just a horrible ending to the show that will never be resolved :(

For years and YEARS they have been trying to get the final episodes made by one means or another but instead they decided to start a new show - some 25 years later

Reboot the Guardian Code.

Anyone who truly enjoyed the original Reboot will be disappointed in whatever this is:

Honestly watching this felt like a kick in the childhood nuts. They took a cherished childhood show and made THIS. Just what the fuck is THIS? It's like a weird mix of Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad and some incomprehensible video game. A weird dark villain and dumb kids I don't care about, I want to see what happens in Mainframe with Megabyte, Guardian Bob and the rest, not these assholes. My goodness what happened to Megabyte did he get downgraded? This looks impossible to watch - what a nightmare

Makes me sad that they took my beloved and nostalgic source material, ate it and shit out this awfulness

What do you guys think?

Actually the CGI is great for that time period.

finally got the guts to watch the trailer. it was worse than I could have imagined.

Back