Recent fights/results/news from China

Thanonchai/Rui should be good, hopefully thanonchai doesn't get the petpanomrung treatment....

Muaythai peeps crying about how a ~close fight was an egregious robbery and obvious ISKA corruption to keep the Thai man down? Or does Petpanomrung treatment mean something else :)

Wouldn't think so, they can and probably would postpone his fight(s) till the big January show. Varga supposed to be somewhere in there too so couple names missing from that poster. Salvador probably replaced Pinca? Don't yet know how the tournaments are structured exactly, so could be they're doing 1 semifinal this event and 1 on the next one or something like that.

Presser tomorrow and we should know more after, hopefully anyway. GoH is kind of a mess to try and keep track of in recent months. It's weird, they got money and then got worse.

i lost track of all things GOH...seems like they are too.

azize was the one set to fight buakaw in november but then was ask kinda last minute to fight this august and pinca set for paris only lately....

Muaythai peeps crying about how a ~close fight was an egregious robbery and obvious ISKA corruption to keep the Thai man down? Or does Petpanomrung treatment mean something else :)

The Rui/Petpanomrung fight......That was pretty bad.

Pet won that fight against Rui in the normal time IMO

referee also screwed him taking two points from him because of an excess of clinch that never existed

Thai muay thai fighters have been robbed a lot since the dawn of time.
(Same thing could be said about foreigners getting robbed in western boxing in Thailand).

It is simple really. Thailand has produced a ridiculous number of great fighters, who almost always have no personality. Why would you waste money promoting Thai fighters when you can promote the local fighters or fighters who trash talk and speak English?

It took Buakaw nearly a decade to learn how to promote himself and take advantage of social media.

Thanksfully, Thai fighters and their teams finally learn that social media is pretty good.

It took Buakaw nearly a decade to learn how to promote himself and take advantage of social media.
A decade ago social media was fairly new. Its only really the last few years that social media has become really big. If someone like Superbon who can speak decent English started doing training and pre-fight vlogs he could bring a lot of attention to himself and the promotions he fights for.

thailand social media frenzy is insane....bangkok is the city with more active facebook users in the world.

banchamek gym fighters just do an ok job considering their position,but i think they focus on chinese market as of now...they don't need to speak english as very few can understand and everything gets dubbed or subbed anyway.

Kunlun is showing that it"s the best promotion. Glory is shit now and only produces bad shows. Even Superkombat and Enfusion are better. In fact K-1 and about another two Chinese promotions too. Even China is less corrupt than Glory. I stopped watching Glory when I"ve realized how corrupt is.

Support Chinese kickboxing, new Japan!

there will be any stream for kunlun today?

i really want to watch it live if haves,anyone know about it?

Only the paid stream on their app. I figured out how to be able to pay for it on Android and I'll make a guide or something...only after the event though :)

Tweeting out live results for anyone interested. 20 fights on the card :/

Last edited:
so it seems that buakaw vs yod fight might still happen, for kunlun and not that Mas mess.
yod needs to understand that everything he says to chinese fans is not staying in china....

Haven't seen the fight but Marat KO'ed Jomthong whilst from what I've seen Superbon had some issues with Nayanesh (haven't heard of him is he any good?) I think Marat may KO Superbon tbh. Interesting match up.

Haven't seen the fight but Marat KO'ed Jomthong whilst from what I've seen Superbon had some issues with Nayanesh (haven't heard of him is he any good?) I think Marat may KO Superbon tbh. Interesting match up.

bon didn't have issues with Nay...just the first round he took some good shots but the second and 3rd dominated the fight and had everything under control.

i think marat can have ko power over bon, he still needs a better defense but i'm still confident he will win. marat look amazing vs mid-high ranked opponents, he has a high ko rate and he's a power puncher no doubt but it also seems like when his punches are not that effective his strategy goes down the crapper and he gets lost...like he did with adamchuck,yod or in glory rome he elbowed his opponent when he felt overwhelmed by his kicks....

Back