Recent fights/results/news from China

DZUylpDXkAAvZbU.jpg:large

Shaping up to be an excellent tournament.

My current thoughts on what the Final 16 will look like.

Past champs who are in at least unless some contractual bs
Grigorian
Superbon
Zuev

Nagbe (qualified)
Drai (qualified)

In the next qualifier tournaments and likely to win
Moiseev/Ben Moh
Larsen/Noppakaw (?)
Tuinov/Baitar
Ayman/Toutouh

Perhaps likely kind of names in the remaining qualifier tournaments and who could be capable of winning them, 2 out of this pool
Kuliaba/Pashporin/Kulebin/Dzhaniev

Then 5 picked by Kunlun, likely kind of names
Kiria (basically a lock)
Ristie/Gogokhia/Buakaw/Petrosyan (these maybe not all so likely but a mystery pick who's somehow notable enough to be teased. My money on Ristie at this point)
Yod (unless he's in Wu Lin Feng?)
Jomthong (probably in if he wants to)
Mezouari/Manhoef (or maybe one/both of them still have to fight a qualifier tournament?)

What'd be great is if Kunlun and Glory somehow were in an arrangement of some sort and the mystery pick was Sitthichai so they had all the champs there :)

So realistically even a Final 16 of:
Grigorian
Superbon
Zuev
Nagbe
Drai
Moiseev
Larsen
Tuinov
Ayman/Toutouh
Kulebin
Kuliaba
Kiria
Ristie
Yod
Jomthong
Mezouari/Manhoef

and then half of those this time in a one night 8-man to finish it off.

Last edited:
If Ristie and Yod make into it and Somehow Sitthichai too it would be the most stacked final 16 they ever had

Moiseev and Larsen won their tournaments. Moiseev vs. Ben Moh was really good. Larsen with a nice KO too.

Moiseev and Larsen won their tournaments. Moiseev vs. Ben Moh was really good. Larsen with a nice KO too.
Larsen's opponent had also been stopped 3 weeks ago by yousef boughem for the wbc 160lb mt belt. it was a sweet jumping knee thou

It was strange to see Zuev and Jomthong figthting outside of the tournament. Are they in or not?

Kong Lingfeng against Hammed was a nice fight, Moiseev against Ben Moh was amazing, it had like 4 knockdowns in the fight. Good spinning shit from Moiseev

Post the Yi Long tournament Wu Lin Feng to some extent is kind of a new company now so idk maybe they couldn't really commit to more expensive foreign fighters whilst that was happening. Like who knows what 70kg stuff they will even do this year.

WLF and to some extent Glory of Heroes only care about chinese TV ratings and having chinese fighters beating any foreigner. Kunlun and EM Legend seem to be a little bit more commited to have real competition going on.

It was strange to see Zuev and Jomthong figthting outside of the tournament. Are they in or not?

Kong Lingfeng against Hammed was a nice fight, Moiseev against Ben Moh was amazing, it had like 4 knockdowns in the fight. Good spinning shit from Moiseev
Yeah they changed the tournament format a little for this year. Zuev as an ex champion is in automatically for the Final 16 phase.
Jom "retired" for a while there but now that he's back I think he'll get a pass for the Final 16 also as one of five straight picks by Kunlun.

i actually wanna see new and most important good faces on this tournament this year

this slots that are going to be select by kunlun haves to be very good picks on at least 2 of them

They'll mostly be guys like Kiria. So regulars, guys the audience knows and likes and who've qualified before.
+likely one from Ristie/Gogokhia/Buakaw/Petrosyan :)

Final 16 will be very good taking into account contractual shit. Probably can't get Sitti/Allazov/new Yod etc.

They'll mostly be guys like Kiria. So regulars, guys the audience knows and likes and who've qualified before.
+likely one from Ristie/Gogokhia/Buakaw/Petrosyan :)

Final 16 will be very good taking into account contractual shit. Probably can't get Sitti/Allazov/new Yod etc.

Its a shame if they didnt Get Allazov or Yod...

as long as i like Kiria i would rather to see another guy taking his place

Buakaw and Petro i dont think they will fight tournaments anymore,especially Buakaw that we know he isnt going to fight a Thai

Gogokhia is involved with boxing,haves one of the best Russian scenario promoters so i dont think he is coming back to kickboxing,only if he fails hard on boxing.

Ristie is always a mistery,evey year theres rumours that he is going to come back so i hope this time it happens.

At least they already Came up with new good names like Moiseev, Ben Moh and Tuinov.

hahah yeah I don't think it'll be Buakaw/Petro/Gogokhia but one pick should be like a notable mystery pick so idk who it could be for Kunlun outside of those names. They've at least talked to Ristie so should be him.

Many Chinese results are not on field, believe me what I say. I realized this once again after the Superkombat events in China.

Tuinov beat Baitar and then Tomoyuki Nishikawa in the final.

Q0P8taP.jpg

N4Vrxl0.jpg

tmnOO6r.jpg

MQuwhqf.jpg

Last edited:
lol wtf

Is this tournament a punishment for Yi Long because got KO´ed against Sitthichai instead of carrying into a decision "win"?

Either Yod or Grigorian are going to destroy him big time.

Back