Recent fights/results/news from China

I don't think Bai Jinbin will do well against someone like Marcus. He doesn't have the evasion that Fang Bian has and I don't think his offensive striking is that good. If you watch his fights, his movements are just not fluid at all and he is slow.

Anybody know if Kunlun or WLF are making any profit or are they losing money?

If Simon Marcus fights Bai Jinbin it would be actually quite competitive. Bai is no joke. He just lacks kickboxing experience, it was only his second pro fight when he got knocked out by Kyshenko and he was doing well before the knockout. Bai defeated Fang Bian before in Sanda, and with some experience I can easily see him reach Fang's level. He had a few fights since his knockout, he is probably improved by now.

Thats awesome. I hope its Marcus vs Jinbin.

I felt that Gao Jun should have won against Rungravee. He took him to school and outboxed him completely, Rungravee only threw a couple of low kicks and that was it. He didn't even dominate in the clinch as the Chinese was going knee for knee with him. Saiyok also did a lot worse than I thought he did, the Chinese hit him many times and he had trouble keeping him away. I saw nothing wrong with the extra round.

july 4th wlf is having the 4 man 67kg final with jomthong and kulebin fighting chinese guys in the first round

Didn't care enough to watch much of the Rungravee fights.

I thought Saiyok won all 3 rounds. Competitive fight but Saiyok edged the punching exchanges and had more hard kicks and some hard knees on the way in. Closer than when Jomthong was robbed, but still pretty clear for Saiyok.

I've got Kulebin winning that tournament. Although Xu Ji might somehow pull off the upset.

1. Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong (Thailand)
2. Zheng Zhaoyu (China)
3. Amansio Paraschiv (Romania)
4. Wu Xuesong (China)
5. Zhang Chunyu (China)
6. Marat Grigorian (Belgium)
7. Kong Lingfeng (China)
8. Chingiz Allazov (Belarus)
9. Superbon Banchamek (Thailand)
10. David Calvo (Spain)
11. Enriko Gogokhia (Russia)
12. Jonay Risco (Spain)
13. Dzhabar Askerov (Russia)
14. Davit Kiria (Georgia)
15. Yodsanklai Fairtex (Thailand)
16. Dzianis Zuev (Belarus)

Ya gonna go with Jomthong here, provided he's fully recovered after his last fight.

2. Zheng Zhaoyu (China)
4. Wu Xuesong (China)
5. Zhang Chunyu (China)
7. Kong Lingfeng (China)
10. David Calvo (Spain)
12. Jonay Risco (Spain)
Is this Razor Bumps top list or something? I'm confused...

I've got Kulebin winning that tournament. Although Xu Ji might somehow pull off the upset.

9300048f7014b770b0602d6574dfc670dc24a81edb29429be561711a7a56d2a2.jpg

Didn't post that list here because the forum doesn't have a strikethrough tag for the names already dropped out. You cleverly put them in red!

I was impressed with how Xu Ji destroyed Khayal Dzhaniev. Good boxing and good footwork and isn't too bad in the clinch. So I figured that he has a decent chance out of all the Chinese fighters still in the tournament.

So are they finally going to do the Final 16?

look like final 16 will be in parts i guess.

as kunlun fight 31 in Thailand,they bring 4 classified guys to fight each other(Superbank winner against Zheng Zhaoyu and Sitthichai winner against Risco),so Superbank and Sitthichai are on final 8,it make sense to me.

maybe next event they bring two more final 16 fights(between these 16 man,except for who are already classified to final 8 like superbank and Sitthichai and the guys who was eliminated Zheng and Risco,obviously),i think they will do this until have 8 fighters to the final 8,so that is why Zheng Zhaoyu And Risco have their names marked with red in his list,look right to me

look like final 16 will be in parts i guess.

as kunlun fight 31 in Thailand,they bring 4 classified guys to fight each other(Superbank winner against Zheng Zhaoyu and Sitthichai winner against Risco),so Superbank and Sitthichai are on final 8,it make sense to me.

maybe next event they bring two more final 16 fights(between these 16 man,except for who are already classified to final 8 like superbank and Sitthichai and the guys who was eliminated Zheng and Risco,obviously),i think they will do this until have 8 fighters to the final 8,so that is why Zheng Zhaoyu And Risco have their names marked with red in his list,look right to me
supwrbank or superbon?

They way i understand the event is simon marcus is heading the event but he is not in the 80 kg tournament. Unless something has changed in the last couple of days but who knows with google translate

I think he is in the 80kg division but from the way the text is formatted his opponent hasn't been decided yet and Bai is fighting vs Alexander (don't remember the name,russian fighter).
yeah not clear at all.

Do you not know who Jomthong is?

Yes I know who Jomthong is. I just think Kulebin has more experience under K-1 rules. When I was talking about upset I was referring to Chinese fighters only. Of course Jomthong has a good chance of winning the tournament.

They should just make final 16 one big event, I doubt anyone still cares about this tournament.

Jomthong already has all the tools,skills and style to be one of the best k-1 fighters without having competed much in this ruleset. This tournament will just be another day in the office for him ;)

They should just make final 16 one big event, I doubt anyone still cares about this tournament.
It's been close to impossible to follow. If they do a Final 16, then a Final 8 like K-1 did I'm OK with that though.

I don't think Bai Jinbin will do well against someone like Marcus. He doesn't have the evasion that Fang Bian has and I don't think his offensive striking is that good. If you watch his fights, his movements are just not fluid at all and he is slow.

If you watch Bai's fights in Sanda, you see his style is often mixing strikes with takedowns, and he throws more offensive takedowns whereas Fang Bian was more about defensive takedowns. Bai fights more on the inside than Fang and he could transition his takedowns into clinches. Fang has a lot more kickboxing experience (41 pro fights all undefeated opposed to around 4-5 for Bai) so its natural that he is better at the moment.

The "Final 16" is spread across at least 3 events. Don't know how they go from there if it's a Final 8 all in one night or do they whittle that down to a final 4-man too.

If you watch Bai's fights in Sanda, you see his style is often mixing strikes with takedowns, and he throws more offensive takedowns whereas Fang Bian was more about defensive takedowns. Bai fights more on the inside than Fang and he could transition his takedowns into clinches. Fang has a lot more kickboxing experience (41 pro fights all undefeated opposed to around 4-5 for Bai) so its natural that he is better at the moment.

What I'm trying to say is that if Bai was to fight Simon Marcus in the clinch, he will definitely lose because he is fighting someone stronger and more technical in the clinch. Bai's striking also just looks very stiff compared to Fang Bian's, just look at the way he holds his hands.

The "Final 16" is spread across at least 3 events. Don't know how they go from there if it's a Final 8 all in one night or do they whittle that down to a final 4-man too.
Oh come on!!!

Petrosyan. China. Tease.

Also in Kunlun news I think Marcus is in the tournament and not just a superfight.

Last edited:
Sitthichai vs Jonay Risco on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpOIaCIfmTo

it was the only video i can find,the official video on workpoint tv is unable to watch in my country.

It was a really good fight,Risco made too much better than a lot of big name fighters who faced Sitthichai before.

Sitthichai came with some cool jumping knees,Risto was pretty badass eating all these low-high kicks and knees to the body without being even knocked down.

2. Zheng Zhaoyu (China)
4. Wu Xuesong (China)
5. Zhang Chunyu (China)
7. Kong Lingfeng (China)
10. David Calvo (Spain)
12. Jonay Risco (Spain)

kunlun 32
Zuev vs Zhao Shuai
Kiria vs Davide Calvo

Zhao Shuai was out i think...but he's taking someone's place..(prob Wu Xuesong)

Petrosyan. China. Tease.

Also in Kunlun news I think Marcus is in the tournament and not just a superfight.

where you see that mate?

it look a good thing,petrosyan need to get more fights

Gogokhia aparently fighting Moxon on what would be Kunlun 33 then. Final 16 names not so final :p

Wouldn't be teasing if I gave you the source now would it! :)
Also supposedly against a "big name".

Shouldn't be too long till something got announced.

just rumors:

-grigorian is not fighting in china in october and in november is fighting in japan
-yod vs askerov
-buakaw to fight at 67 kg under mt for kunlun32 and late november should do a rematch vs kahyal.

kiria said his next fight is vs zuev oct 31...they were both listed for kunlun32 oct 28th but that's not the case anymore.

lol mess.

Wouldn't be teasing if I gave you the source now would it! :)
Also supposedly against a "big name".

Shouldn't be too long till something got announced.

I love you.
No homo, but so much love.

Are some of the other match-ups known?
It's so hard to get a grasp on whatever's going on in China, such a waste considering the quality of their events.

Grigorian out due to scheduling conflict. Chingiz Allazov out due to injury.
Replaced by Zhao Shuai and Steve Moxon.

AFAIK Kiria is still on the Kunlun 32 card, fighting Calvo.
Yod vs. Askerov on Kunlun 33
Buakaw is listed to fight at 67kg yeah but that might just as well be a mistake, weights are fairly often not what they list.
e: yeah updated card shows 70kg for Buakaw.

Back