Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

I'm not a big fan of T-98, but he beat Ao Nang Kiatpepe when he was still holding the belt less than a year ago. Its stupid that they're farming the heavier titles out to foreigners, but hardly ill deserved at this point. I think most people realize that heavier stadium titles aren't where the elite ply their trade anyhows.

This Ao Nang Kiatpepe fella was Rajadamnern champion? First time I've seen that name.

People who know a bit about Muay Thai understand these titles don't mean much, but someone who doesn't follow the sport closely would just see Rajadamnern title and think that fighter is the best. I'm overprotective and hate the thought of someone dismissing the sport based on seeing a poor fighter as champion.

Last edited:
Those same people probably think anything with "World Champion" is legit too. Like you said, it comes down to who's beating who, and you really have to follow the sport closely to understand who's legit.

I'm overprotective and hate the thought of someone dismissing the sport based on seeing a poor fighter as champion.
There will always be casual noobs who believe dumb shit, you gotta look on the bright side. If they didn't exist, we wouldn't be able to laugh at them while basking in glorious sherdog e-cred.

Krush69 30.9.2016
121 lbs title match
Nobuchika Terado vs Charles Bongiovanni

REBELS45 KUNLUN49 8.7.2016
Genji Umeno vs Yasuyuki
Albert Kraus vs Hinata Watanabe
Samo Petje vs Mohammed Mezouari
Naruto Banchamek vs Keijiro Miyakoshi
143lbs Tournament
Tetsuya Yamato
Petchtanong Banchamek
Yousuke Mizuodhi
Carlos Araya
Craig Dickson
Bai Lishuai

glad to see Petje is on a major organization,he had a good last year and achieved wins over a lot of japanese LW kickboxer goods

Ozawa Kaito T-shirt now on sale.

1465380032_4sp.jpg

Presumably an artist's depiction of Ozawa after fighting Takeru.

Skullshit lol Is there a website for t shirts of the other K-1 fighters? I'd love to order an Engrish t shirt of Kaew or Noiri.

Skullshit lol Is there a website for t shirts of the other K-1 fighters? I'd love to order an Engrish t shirt of Kaew or Noiri.

That Ozawa one was a one off where K-1 partnered with a brand (Skullshit) to make a T-shirt.

Noiri got one too on this occasion. Not very Noiri-ish though.

CkbhaqRUkAEpRfK.jpg

K-1's official store used to make T-shirt for Kaew but they seem sold out.

k1_151118k1wgp-goods-kaew-t.jpg

But you can get a nice tapestry of him

20-01340.jpg

Personally, these Takeru shirts are pretty funny.

4b12546abf7ae80b736d88a5b520bb42-1.jpg

That Noiri shirt would be awesome if it was just his face instead of the skull. Im gonna go to one of those make your own t shirt places and get them to make one with my improved version:

9rrssw.jpg

with a name like skullshit i was really expecting many more skulls on the shirts. I don't know if they are quite tacky enough for the average assliction shirt wearer to buy them thou

Pretty sure that whole Affliction d-bag shirt craze died out like 5+ years ago, thankfully.

That Noiri shirt would be awesome if it was just his face instead of the skull. Im gonna go to one of those make your own t shirt places and get them to make one with my improved version:

9rrssw.jpg

Rofl, nice.

someone has to still be buying them as they are still around and sponsor joe shilling

Didn't the UFC ban non Reebok apparel from their events? You'd think that'll kill that industry.

Ilias benefits the most from the brackets, but I still dont think he will win. I think Kaew will take it.

so where to watch the event tommorow? will there be a free live stream again?

so where to watch the event tommorow? will there be a free live stream again?

There will be another free stream on Abema TV. Which you should be able to access through Hola. Event starts from 16:00 Japan time, but that will be only the prelims. Main card starts from 17:00.

Back