Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

How good do you guys consider Hiramoto Ren to be?

Speaking of which. Nasukawa's next opponent has been revealed as being a former Raja/Lumpinee champ. I can't exactly translate the name, but it sounds like Winsaklek Meibukai. He's being promoted as having two wins over Kaew and formerly being from Sangmorakot gym. Given the fact that he's 35 and currently working as a coach in Japan that doesn't sound too promising. Another sacrifice to the hype chain. Takei, Hiramoto, Saikyo, Anpo.. there are plenty of 18-20 year old challenging themselves against active fighters but seems like Tenshin is comfortable fighting washed up fighters and MMA cans. At the least he should have fought Ogasawara by now.

Fight will be on August 20th, a month after Nasukawa's fight vs. Kizaemon Saiga.

So who are the best Japanese fighters at these lower weight classes after all?

Tenshin just ko'd Saiga in the first round easily. I think skill wise he's the best japanese fighter i've ever seen. He hasn't faced many world class opponents yet but he's made everyone he's faced look like an amateur.

Last edited:
Tenshin vs Saiga full fight

this is impressive,Saiga used to be a strong name on K-1 under 70kgs guys and has fought some of the big sharks on his KB career back in the day

The hype is real

Yeah, obviously Saiga isn't the greatest kickboxer ever but I don't remember anyone coming close to dominating him the way Tenshin just did. Not to mention that Tenshin moved up in weight to fight him.

well if i can remember about the 63kg k-1 Saiga days was that he has fought with some guys as:

Hiroya( lost twice against him )

Yuta Kubo(lost by UD against him on 2011 K-1 63kg tournament)

Lee Sung Hyun (lost to him by ud)

i also remember that he fought a urabe brother but i dont know the outcome of it

the only time that i saw him knocked out was against Yamato on 63kg 2010 final

If I remember correctly Saiga was showing some nice skill and was doing pretty well until he got caught against Yamato.

Tenshin isnae as good as that other bloke who beat Wanchalong methinks.

By no means recent, but a very young f16 rajanont putting it down in Japan:

And to think that he was probably still in high school at the time. Unbelievable.

100 lbs girls bashing each others faces around. Am I weird for finding this really entertaining? The commenters dont seem to approve:

who's that?

Tenshin's next opponent. Visanlek (?) Meibukai. Formerly of Sangmorakot gym, now an instructor at a Japanese gym. Supposedly a former Lumpinee champ at flyweight and bantamweight with wins over Kaew and Wanchalong, but he's like 34 now so don't know when any of that happened.

Probably 10-15 years ago.

I found a fight between Wanchalong and Vasanlek but...let's just say Vasanlek got knocked the f out.

The poor guy is already washed up that he is now teaching kid class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back