Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

In case some of you didn't know. The winner of the heavyweight tournament is also the heavyweight champion, so not a random tournament like they do sometimes. What is also nice is the fact that all weight classes of K-1 now have a champion, heavyweight was the only vacant one. Let the title defenses begin:D Hope it marks the beginning of the return of K-1.

I'd rather that K1 focus on the weight classes where they have talent, it's a pet peeve of mine with Glory in that they stretch themselves too thin with the amount of weight classes they have.

Koya looked really sharp. Spectu was pushing some crazy pace on him and he kept calm, and countered clean.

Good upset win by Kimura. Kido looked lost out there after round two.

Hope they have some big names lined up for Takei. Kids going places.

Last edited:
I'd rather that K1 focus on the weight classes where they have talent, it's a pet peeve of mine with Glory in that they stretch themselves too thin with the amount of weight classes they have.
I just finished watching the HW Tournament start to finish and I gotta say that was pretty damn entertaining. Tons of KO's and it wasn't a complete bumswing slop fest. K-1 just manages to always deliver fun fights.

Yeah, finished watching as well. Not the most competitive HW tournament but it was fun, fast and had good action. Rest of the fights as well.

Genji vs Inzeetong from last nights rebel show.

Man were my thoughts different :D
It wasn't a top shelf Kickboxing display but how often do we ever get that at HW these days? Saw a lot of action, knockouts, heart. It was better than a lot of the HW fights Glory puts on outside of its top 5 guys, and even they deliver duds. I was compelled watching the tournament straight through in order.

Last edited:
It seems I should know of Inseethong, but nothing comes to my mind when I think of this fighter.

Good but not great fighter, fights at 135 in the stadiums. Beat Grandprixnoi twice and has some nice jumping knees. Genji has had better wins but the fact that he finished with Inzeetong with a nicely timed elbow is pretty impressive.

Say what you want about KNOCK OUT (they have set themselves up for failure by doing their next event in a 10K seat stadium when they won't have Tenshin on the cards, not to mention that they're struggling to sell seats as it is), but they got two things down. 1. Casting voodoo magic that ensures that 90% of its fights end in knock outs 2. Getting hot ring girls

Apparently their next new ring girl is going to be Toeda Rina.

My best guess for the March K-1 event is that its going to be a champion carnival type deal. Expecting...
- Chingiz Allazov vs winner of Hinata vs Hirono
- Kubo Yuta vs Kimura Phillip Minoru II (I would prefer Melsik Badazarian)
- Kaew WSR vs Hiramoto Ren
- Noiri Masaaki vs Yamato Tetsuya
- Wei Rui vs Koya Urabe
- Taiga vs Komiyama Kosuke (should have been Stauros)
- Takeru vs winner of Saikyo Haruma vs Otaki?? (Takeru vs Taiga III was expected till Taiga got KTFO'd, not sure atm)
- Takei vs Terado

Incidentally Takei is on fire. I've mentioned this everywhere but I think he can beat both Takeru and Tenshin. If K-1 was smart, they would send him out to RIZIN to fight Tenshin. Little reputation risk if he loses and a decent chance he wins and shuts Tenshin up.

Last edited:
Back