Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

cool fight, Nakazawa showing that he is a tough fighter again

Kimura opponent isnt near to be a dangerous matchup as Melsik but a win is a win

Noiri´s coming with Showtec´s Souwer entrance, instant win confirmed :)

Sorsor being a punchbag for mid-high level guys on his last 10 fights, brutal mismatch

i can dig it because of Koya epic KO on rui :)

Haruma Saikyo FTW, finally will be able to do his page

NO shit!!!

are you kidding meeee

rematch for the title when Saikyo recovers for this very unfortunate injury

Not watched any of K-1 but started watching RISE and the 2 last fights were incredibly fun.

Last edited:
Where i can find RISE fights to watch later on? Missed the 6 round war between Morimoto and Kudo
Will watch K-1 live and sleep during Brazil vs Switzerland game, Kickboxing and not even a doubt about it ;)
Same here haha, my portuguese twitter feed with only-MMA/KB/MT people went full futebol/world cup recently, sad to see.

We stand strong:
Neymar-shirt.jpg

Where i can find RISE fights to watch later on? Missed the 6 round war between Morimoto and Kudo
Same here haha, my portuguese twitter feed with only-MMA/KB/MT people went full futebol/world cup recently, sad to see.

We stand strong:
Neymar-shirt.jpg
that the spirit man!

I will be helping to find the fights of Rise-K-1 events of today and post on the created non spoiler thread

stick around in there and soon it will be posted

We stand strong:
RISE put them on their YouTube before long I think

About Tenshin vs Rodtang

I love both guys, but honestly, Rodtang clearly won the last 3 rounds,especially the 3rd and 5th where he abused Tenshin body section with kicks and hooks, it shouldnt go to an extra round...

he also lost the extra round, Rodtang got robbed.

About Tenshin vs Rodtang

I love both guys, but honestly, Rodtang clearly won the last 3 rounds,especially the 3rd and 5th where he abused Tenshin body section with kicks and hooks, it shouldnt go to an extra round...

he also lost the extra round, Rodtang got robbed.

I thought Tenshin started and ended stronger, and won the decider round with his big flurry towards the end. Was very surprised he didn't get a single scorecard in regulation time.

I thought Tenshin started and ended stronger, and won the decider round with his big flurry towards the end. Was very surprised he didn't get a single scorecard in regulation time.
Rodtang made more damage even in the extra round

he didnt get a scorecard on regulation time because he should lost this fight, last 3 rounds are clear for Rodtang, he outclassd tenshin in the 3rd and 5th, also won the 4th with a small margin but he still made more damage on this one too

Rodtang made more damage even in the extra round

he didnt get a scorecard on regulation time because he should lost this fight, last 3 rounds are clear for Rodtang, he outclassd tenshin in the 3rd and 5th, also won the 4th with a small margin but he still made more damage on this one too

4 was pretty close, I had Tenshin winning the 5th. 1st and 2nd were clear Tenshin and 3rd was clear Rodtang. I think the broader swathe of the fight was characterized by Tenshin landing the bigger offense. I really can't justify Rodtang winning over the first five rounds when for such a large part of it he was getting blasted with counters.

The extra round is close, could have gone to either fighter.

But Rodtong got robbed in the first 5 rounds. He clearly won the last three (unless you score based on only
number of strikes or favor jabs over brutal hooks/knees to the body or score crazy strikes
that don't land.)

But oh well...RISE only rose to prominence thanks to Tenshin.
It is sponsored by Cygames, the official sponsor of Tenshin and his gym.
This title is "created" for Tenshin to say that he is the two-weight world champion.
(To show that he is clearly better than Takeru.)

The life cycle of Japanese hype machine:
Won against notable fighters -> hyped as the great Japanese hope -> crash cans -> got on national media -> got matched against tough competition -> won by robbery -> improve on weak points -> rematch -> won more clearly -> become a superstar

Tenshin seems to really struggle against a rise in level of competition (both against Suakim and Rodtung).

BTW I think if they rematch Tenshin is probably going to win. He got surprised by Rodtung's
stamina and toughness. He ain't going to trade like an idiot to show off to Japanese fans again next time. He is for sure going on a bicycle like Rodtung predicted he would do in this fight.

BTW2 please tell me that Tenshin actually got hit in the groin not body. I always get suspicious when there is no instant review on groin shot lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pretty shocked they didn't just give Tenshin the hometown robbery decision in regular time. in a context like that usually winning the first two rounds and throwing flurries whether they land or not is more than enough to get an easy UD.

I wonder if Tenshin had a heart attack after the fight. Stay tuned to twitter for further news! The boy is beyond skilled anyway but winning a fight by getting backed up into the corner and falling on your butt is fucked up.

We stand strong:
Neymar-shirt.jpg

Come on guys give the bright side a chance! I got World Cup fever and I don't care.

Gonna watch Germany vs. Mexico now!

4 was pretty close, I had Tenshin winning the 5th. 1st and 2nd were clear Tenshin and 3rd was clear Rodtang. I think the broader swathe of the fight was characterized by Tenshin landing the bigger offense. I really can't justify Rodtang winning over the first five rounds when for such a large part of it he was getting blasted with counters.

I don't see how you could give Tenshin the 5th. that was all Rodtung.

When I first watched Tenshin v Rodtung, I thought it was a robbery. But watching it again in more detail, I'm actually surprised how close the 4th and 5th rounds were. I think we can all agree that the first 2 rounds were Tenshin's and the 3rd round was Rodtung's, but I think you could make a decent case for Tenshin winning either of the last 2 rounds. He also did a lot better in the extra round than I remembered, maybe because in the moment, it just FELT like Tenshin was wilting. But on a second viewing, a lot of what I thought were Rodtung's hardest shots were landing on Tenshin's gloves or missing entirely.

This is one of those tough fights to judge though, because the two fighters were both effective but under two very different strategies. Rodtung was moving forward, pressuring, and landing devastating kicks and hooks to the body. While Tenshin was defending effectively, countering with huge shots and combos to the dome, and pivoting away. So much of how you see this fight will depend on how you weigh body shots vs head shots, constant pressure vs hard counters, etc.

I do still think Rodtung is the better fighter, but calling this is a robbery is unfair IMO, it was too close.

Back