Recent fights/results/news from South America

glory released a list of the next events and seems to be that glory 43 brazil no longer exists :(

http://www.glorykickboxing.com/en/news/view/1253

anyone know if it was postponed or something?

i really want a glory event in brazil,especially in São Paulo

that's a shame but I was really surprised in the first place when it was supposed to happen.

and when did van Roosmalen gain his nickname "Pokerface"? who the fuck calls him "Pokerface"?

Glory has some awesome fights coming up. Its impressive they're putting on so many events.

that's a shame but I was really surprised in the first place when it was supposed to happen.

and when did van Roosmalen gain his nickname "Pokerface"? who the fuck calls him "Pokerface"?
i remember on reading about why he haves this nickname but i cant remember where and why,but yeah,not the best nickname receive,it reminds me lady gaga

i was also surprised about the event in brazil,i hope they still having it on their plans and do an event here in this year if possible

i remember on reading about why he haves this nickname but i cant remember where and why,but yeah,not the best nickname receive,it reminds me lady gaga

He's had that nickname for ages and his team mates who gave him that nickname because they can't read his emotions, for example they can't tell when he's tired or hurt. He always has the same face expression.

He talks about it in this interview:
http://www.lowkickmma.com/K-1/robin-van-roosmalen-pokerface-is-all-in-for-glory-first-16-15931/

Glory has some awesome fights coming up. Its impressive they're putting on so many events.

And a lot of them in Europe, that's great news. This means not only I can watch the events live from home or travel to them, but also this should make for better cards with more skilled fighters.

@Mafanofe you should attend one of those

lol it is actually better than most of the Brazillian kickboxing-MT events

bolivia is not too far from the place where i live in brazil

cant wait for their next event

@Mafanofe

Hey man how are you doing?

I just saw a headline in a local website saying "gaúcho fighter gets fight in biggest kickboxing organization in the world" but I can't open the full article. do you have any idea who this might be and which org they're talking about? I would guess Diego Gaúcho who fights ~85kg iirc in WGP but not sure at all.

hey bro,im good,just a lot busy

i dont heard anything about it but its probably going to be added on glory,since glory have some former wgp names on their roaster

@Kanka
your post about the cholitas luchadoras from bolivia revealed a future plot twist on my life,i am going to live in Corumbá now,2 minutes car distance from bolivia,the city is in the famous Brazillian Pantanal by itself,there were literally jaguars and Anacondas walking around the city,drug dealers in each corner and one of the worst internet services of the country :(

at least i am going to attend all the Chollitas fights i can get,i will invade this thread with her fights that i am going to record

hey bro,im good,just a lot busy

i dont heard anything about it but its probably going to be added on glory,since glory have some former wgp names on their roaster

@Kanka
your post about the cholitas luchadoras from bolivia revealed a future plot twist on my life,i am going to live in Corumbá now,2 minutes car distance from bolivia,the city is in the famous Brazillian Pantanal by itself,there were literally jaguars and Anacondas walking around the city,drug dealers in each corner and one of the worst internet services of the country :(

at least i am going to attend all the Chollitas fights i can get,i will invade this thread with her fights that i am going to record
Haha sounds like a fun adventure to me. How long will you be staying there?

Alex Pereira defending his MW title on WGP 40 on 16 september

that was the only video i could find on all internet

LMFAO @UWanaPlayDaGame

I am rewatching Alex Pereira fights and then i found this pearl,the fucking best commentator ever!!!!!

His voice,knowledge and expressions are gold

Last edited:
LMFAO @UWanaPlayDaGame

I am rewatching Alex Pereira fights and then i found this pearl,the fucking best commentator ever!!!!!

His voice,knowledge and expressions are gold

hahaha that is old school soccer narrator Silvio Luiz don't you know him? he was the best soccer narrator in the 90's and is still kicking ass it seems!

I had no idea he had ever done kickboxing narration, great call by Band Sports. they probably brought him simply due to flavor text, he's always had the best sense of humor and funny tirades.

it's an awesome idea as every kickboxing broadcast is uninformative and unfunny to boot so with Silvio it is at least funny and exciting. just have him read a press release before the fights and he's light years ahead of grisham.

hahaha that is old school soccer narrator Silvio Luiz don't you know him? he was the best soccer narrator in the 90's and is still kicking ass it seems!

I had no idea he had ever done kickboxing narration, great call by Band Sports. they probably brought him simply due to flavor text, he's always had the best sense of humor and funny tirades.

it's an awesome idea as every kickboxing broadcast is uninformative and unfunny to boot so with Silvio it is at least funny and exciting. just have him read a press release before the fights and he's light years ahead of grisham.
that for sure

damn i didn't knew it was him despite the characteristic voice

dude has like only commentated one freaking event and is already the 3rd best KB commentator ever,only Behind The Japs and Shiavello

Back