Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

How do you think it would go if you sent Superlek and Yodwicha to Jacksons MMA to train MMA with Greg Jackson for a year? Send over a Thai trainer with them who can speak good English. They can still compete MT whilst they're learning and at the end of the year put them in an MMA bout. Superlek at 135 and Yodwicha at 155. Don't wanna see these 2 in kickboxing tbh which I think is inevitable for Yodwicha.

How do you think it would go if you sent Superlek and Yodwicha to Jacksons MMA to train MMA with Greg Jackson for a year? Send over a Thai trainer with them who can speak good English. They can still compete MT whilst they're learning and at the end of the year put them in an MMA bout. Superlek at 135 and Yodwicha at 155. Don't wanna see these 2 in kickboxing tbh which I think is inevitable for Yodwicha.

I did exactly this after reading the first sentence.

chronic-anxiety-man_cropped.jpg

Last edited:
I did exactly this after reading the first sentence.

chronic-anxiety-man_cropped.jpg
Good to know. He seems stressed.

But all jokes a side wouldn't you want to see that? Just to see what happens. I'm just genuinely interested as a fight fan even if it does sound stupid to you. I'm way more interested in that than an MMA fighter like Conor jumping in a boxing ring against Floyd.

Does this mean that Pet Utong doesn't train or fight out of Sor Sommai any more?

After he beat Panpayak he's seemed a little uninspired in the ring. I worry that he might end up going the Pakorn or Diesellek route.

When is this forum going to sort out the facebook links smh.....

But yeah Pet U Tong has been a bit flat to say the least recently. Went from winning FOTY to that really uninspired performance against Panpayak then the KO loss to the other Panpayak and a loss to Gaonar who hadn't fought in a while. The recent win over Thepabuth was not bad but he didn't exactly set the world on fire either.

Which fighter has had the best run so far this year?

Think he's still more of a prospect, but it looks like Kongtoranee Sor Sommai is having a good run of success. I seem to remember him being mentioned on here as someone to keep an eye on.

Today at Raja:

Think he's still more of a prospect, but it looks like Kongtoranee Sor Sommai is having a good run of success. I seem to remember him being mentioned on here as someone to keep an eye on.

Today at Raja:

Yeah he's doing well but is anyone having a run like Puenkon and Pet U Thong did last year? Have been too busy to follow mt closely in the latest months but i can't think of someone that remarkable...

Yeah he's doing well but is anyone having a run like Puenkon and Pet U Thong did last year?

No, but Pet Utong's had his best wins in 2017, not last year, just before the fighter of the year award was given out and there is still a fair chunk of 2017 left.

Last edited:
To the muay thai experts: do you know about Superbon's stadium fights? Was he an elite fighter or just decent like Sittichai?

To the muay thai experts: do you know about Superbon's stadium fights? Was he an elite fighter or just decent like Sittichai?
Depends what you mean by elite. He was elite, for at least a while when he was active in the stadiums, he fought some of the best fighters of that time: Saenchai and Singdam for example. But I don't think he stuck around for very long, so I don't know if he could have been considered one of Thailand's very best fighters. To be elite in the way Sam-A, Singdam and Saenchai were or even the way someone like Wanchalong or Palangpol or Panpayak is, you have to be at it for a while and be consistent. I'm not sure how long Superbon would have been an elite stadium fighter for, at least a year or so.

Definitely better than Sittichai, though.

Last edited:

Today at Raja:

awesome fight. he fough at one of those stacked shows in early june iirc and did very well too. now this...

unnecessary tattoo though

Depends what you mean by elite. He was elite, for at least a while when he was active in the stadiums, he fought some of the best fighters of that time: Saenchai and Singdam for example. But I don't think he stuck around for very long, so I don't know if he could have been considered one of Thailand's very best fighters. To be elite in the way Sam-A, Singdam and Saenchai were or even the way someone like Wanchalong or Palangpol or Panpayak is, you have to be at it for a while and be consistent. I'm not sure how long Superbon would have been an elite stadium fighter for, at least a year or so.

Definitely better than Sittichai, though.
I also don't know how big Superbon's promoter was, that can often give you a sense of their standing. Most of the recorded fights on wikipedia list Phetsupapan as the promotion he fought on. Right now I wouldn't consider Phetsupapan to be one of the top 5 promotions in muay thai, but it may have been different back then.

I think Sittichais muay thai level is underrated though. His body type is just not built for the lower weight classes and he grew big pretty fast. Not on the level of Yodwicha, Manasak but by i don't think his stadium accomplishments represent his talent and ability fairly

Wanchalong headlining tomorrows channel 7 card vs Saknarinnoi, according to muaythai2000.

Back