Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

I definitely agree with the assessment that Kongtoranee is going to be a future star. Been very impressed with him every time I've seen him fight. I think he's riding at least a four or five fight win streak. Since guys like Puernkon, Gingsanlek, Kiewpayak, Saoek, Kiew and Yothin kind of established themselves as the hot young stars of last year, I've been trying to watch the lighter weight classes with an eye to who might be the next young guy to break out. Kongtoranee has stood out the most to me, by far.

Not as good as Kongtoranee, although he did totally dismantle him back when they fought at 110lbs, but Chatploy Sor. Punsawat is someone to watch. Very good on the outside (although he can definitely be outfought on the inside) and had two of the best knockout of 2017.

Vs. Kongtoranee

The two ko's

Last edited:
What about Raja fighter of the year Petwason? is he a prospect or has been established for a while? I thought he was a lanky, raw guy with a goofy style but after paying closer attention I became a fan. Don't know nothing about him though.

What about Raja fighter of the year Petwason? is he a prospect or has been established for a while? I thought he was a lanky, raw guy with a goofy style but after paying closer attention I became a fan. Don't know nothing about him though.
He's been establishing himself for the past year and half to 2 years or so. Beaten progressively better competition as he's moved up in weight, culminated in him beating Superbank recently. Before that he'd beaten Phetdam and drew Tawanchai, which stand out as highlights to me.

I don't think of him as a prospect anymore. At this point I'd say the question is whether he's at the same level as the very best guys at 128-130lbs or if he's going to max out beating guys at the level of Petnamgarm, Superbank, Kaonar, Petmorakot etc.

Last edited:
He's been establishing himself for the past year and half to 2 years or so. Beaten progressively better competition as he's moved up in weight, culminated in him beating Superbank recently. Before that he'd beaten Phetdam and drew Tawanchai, which stand out as highlights to me.

I don't think of him as a prospect anymore. At this point I'd say the question is whether he's at the same level as the very best guys at 128-130lbs or if he's the same level as Petnamgarm, Superbank, Kaonar, Petmorakot etc.
Tawanchai is another guy who it will be interesting to see just how far he can push it at 130lbs. He's still only like 17 or 18.

I don't think of him as a prospect anymore. At this point I'd say the question is whether he's at the same level as the very best guys at 128-130lbs or if he's the same level as Petnamgarm, Superbank, Kaonar, Petmorakot etc.

He did beat both Superbank and Petnamgam and outclassed Petdam. Of course we'll have to see how he does against an elite guy but he looks like he has the tools IMO. Very good on the outside, has good dumps in the clinch and is just awesome fighting off the ropes. I guess Kaonar is a perfect test to see where he's at.

Love watching Chatploy, one of my favourites in the lower weights.

Was catching up on the fights from the last week or so, Yokmorakot looking clean in this one

Very good Rangsit Vitithai show today, if mt2000 is to be believed. Petrung vs Kumandoi as main, Petmuangchong vs Prieopark and Rit vs Raktemroi.

Superbank vs Arthur Meyer

Superbank was in control for the whole fight, won every round pretty comfortably.

I think this him from a few years back, although I could be wrong. If it is him, then this would have been more the prospect phase.

it certainly is the same guy but looks like he changed his style completely. here he is walking forward relentlessly eating punches and now he fights moving backwards.

Anyone care to post some fights vid "Longoen Sarakham(?)" who apparently won channel 7's "fighter artistic award" just now? I recall Sarawute winning a similar price some years ago, Sarawutes fight with Wanchai comes to mind, beautiful Muay Thai.

First fight on the card was an absolute war as well, great event all round.

Considering the length of the video I was expecting him to give in, especially after Rit took his head kick and didn't blink.

I was thinking that Rit was breaking him with his pressure but Lukkwan was landing some hard shots on Rit when he was coming in. Great prospect.

I also thought Prewpark was set to break Petmuangchon's streak but it ended up being a majority draw.

Anyone care to post some fights vid "Longoen Sarakham(?)" who apparently won channel 7's "fighter artistic award" just now? I recall Sarawute winning a similar price some years ago, Sarawutes fight with Wanchai comes to mind, beautiful Muay Thai.

Red Shorts

Back