Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

64/65kg according to this:

43082440_10155598347991246_2109298111678513152_n.jpg

So glory signed Thong Fairtex. Will make his debut at Glory 60.
Why? Of all the fighters they could sign. Is he even good. Saw a bit of him now and dont see anything special. Especially in terms of having the right style for Glory. He's like 27 as well.

Why? Of all the fighters they could sign. Is he even good. Saw a bit of him now and dont see anything special. Especially in terms of having the right style for Glory. He's like 27 as well.
Haven’t even seen him but i imagine he will try to throw some roundhouse kicks and then be overwhelmed by punches. Maybe they just want to bring in a thai that the dutch guys can beat.

I think stylistically, Tawanchai is the best guy for glory. Diffucult to imagine anyone beating him at 65 kg

If they want a thai that is entertaining but that won’t be as dominant as the other guys, Panpayak Sitjatik would be a good option. He throws heavy hands and would make entertaining fights, and would probably also get KO’d a few times.

Haven’t even seen him but i imagine he will try to throw some roundhouse kicks and then be overwhelmed by punches. Maybe they just want to bring in a thai that the dutch guys can beat.
Thong Fairtex looks like a typical southpaw who fights on the back foot. Just a less skilled version of Petch. Even the way he holds his guard up seems all wrong for kickboxing. Glory should sign Thais with different styles too so the casuals don't think every thai is the same spamming the left kick and moving backwards. There are guys with power and pressure like Yodsanklai, Yodwicha and Yodlekphet that id love to see in Glory.

I think stylistically, Tawanchai is the best guy for glory. Diffucult to imagine anyone beating him at 65 kg
I need to watch more of his fights. Haven't seen much of him so cant agree just yet.

Getting international fights is usually a matter of luck as opposed to merit. Though, admittedly it's been a bit better in the past few years.

Also, have we forgotten about the man who took Glory's current featherweight champ to school?

He's #4 at Lumpinee, but as you said I also don't think his style works. He has non existent boxing, and is really elbow heavy. He got a really good left kick, broke some arms at Lumpinee.

Getting international fights is usually a matter of luck as opposed to merit. Though, admittedly it's been a bit better in the past few years.

"Hey Cor, is there any thai in europe around the time of Glory 60? Flight tickets from thailand are expensive..."
"Hold my beer!"

3vpLTMC.jpg

1 week prior to Glory 60.

Last edited:
muay thai expo from buriram:

Tawanchai via split decision, didn't think it was that close personally. Kulabdam is a great offensive fighter but his defence and ability to counter kicks is lacking

video is down for Samart vs Somluk?

Tawanchai via split decision, didn't think it was that close personally. Kulabdam is a great offensive fighter but his defence and ability to counter kicks is lacking

had a good 4th round, but the rest was all Tawanchai.

Didn't realise Muangthai vs Superlek was before it, going to watch that now. Don't care at all about the old man fights.

had a good 4th round, but the rest was all Tawanchai.

Yeah Kulabdam had some good elbows and a couple of hard punches but he couldn't offer a real sustained offence.

they cut it into parts....

edit: same as my previous post, just a feed from a different channel

Last edited:
have we forgotten about the man who took Glory's current featherweight champ to school?

he's been MIA for a long time no?

"Hey Cor, is there any thai in europe around the time of Glory 60? Flight tickets from thailand are expensive..."
"Hold my beer!"

3vpLTMC.jpg

1 week prior to Glory 60.

lol mystery solved;

I need to watch more of his fights. Haven't seen much of him so cant agree just yet.

he is the real deal. the most skilled "new" guy I've seen - of course he isn't "new" but as far as becoming a household name he kind of is. he is that slick muay fimeu who could control rythm and fight farangs his whole life without getting KOed.

comedy by the two legends.

comedy by the two legends.

lol wtf is that?

At least I get the feeling that the thais have a totally light hearted approach to these spectacle fights unlike ufc fans who would still try to draw conclusions about "who is the goat" from a fight like this.

Back