Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

I know, right?

It's nice to see all the genius and prodigy takes that have been given to Rungkit.

Too bad Saenchai and Yodsanklai aren't as popular as they used to be, when they competed on the Thai circuit. Sadly, the popularity and reputation of a fighter from Thailand almost always fades when they fight white dudes.

Last edited:

From Max MT. About 1 hr 49 min in, dude KO's his opponent and the ref all in one exchange LOL

I know, right?

It's nice to see all the genius and prodigy takes that have been given to Rungkit.

Too bad Saenchai and Yodsanklai aren't as popular as they used to be, when they competed on the Thai circuit. Sadly, the popularity and reputation of a fighter from Thailand almost always fades when they fight white dudes.
I don’t really care about all that. Obviously i was talking about him as a fighter, not from a popularity standpoint.

topking 25 from uthai thani

I don’t really care about all that. Obviously i was talking about him as a fighter, not from a popularity standpoint.

lol I feel your pain. just wanted to talk about Muay Thai!

I'll see if I take a closer look at Rungkit I saw him fight a couple times but didn't register anything about him. Also had no idea he was that young.

lol I feel your pain. just wanted to talk about Muay Thai!

I'll see if I take a closer look at Rungkit I saw him fight a couple times but didn't register anything about him. Also had no idea he was that young.
I'm not sure if he is actually that young but there was one instagram post that claimed he is 16. Beating Petchdam and Rodtang is impressive at that age. I know Saenchai, Sangmanee, Panpayak and many more fighters were amazing at that age but i don't think there have been too many that stood out in the last couple of years. Gingsanlek was getting a bit hyped but it looks like he didn't live up to the hype. I don't know how Kongtoranee has been doing lately. Wasn't Puenkon about 18 years old when he had a long winning streak?

Edit: His instagram is rungkit2001 so he is probably 17 or 18, not 16

Last edited:
speaking of sangmanee...

he will be the main event this thursday against yodlekpetch tded99

Good to see yodlekpetch back in action again. I got worried we would not see him fight for a while after he got pulled from a recent one fc show do to what I read thru translation was a disagreement with his management team

I'm not sure if he is actually that young but there was one instagram post that claimed he is 16. Beating Petchdam and Rodtang is impressive at that age. I know Saenchai, Sangmanee, Panpayak and many more fighters were amazing at that age but i don't think there have been too many that stood out in the last couple of years. Gingsanlek was getting a bit hyped but it looks like he didn't live up to the hype. I don't know how Kongtoranee has been doing lately. Wasn't Puenkon about 18 years old when he had a long winning streak?

Edit: His instagram is rungkit2001 so he is probably 17 or 18, not 16

Puenkon was said to be 20 years old when his "retirement" was announced <https://yoksutai.com/blog/2017/08/09/melhor-lutador-de-2016-pendura-as-luvas/> which was early 2018 iirc. so he had his award-winning run at ~18 years old. I believe that's the average "peak" age for thai fighters. Sangmanee was 16 when he became big iirc. Gingsanglek was 15-16 I believe.

Good to see yodlekpetch back in action again. I got worried we would not see him fight for a while after he got pulled from a recent one fc show do to what I read thru translation was a disagreement with his management team

oh and I kept looking for his fight at ONE lol... he kind of ran through Sangmanee in their rematch but the first fight was really close and decided by that fringe knockdown. They match up really well unless Sangmanee looks lackluster like he does sometimes.

Puenkon was said to be 20 years old when his "retirement" was announced <https://yoksutai.com/blog/2017/08/09/melhor-lutador-de-2016-pendura-as-luvas/> which was early 2018 iirc. so he had his award-winning run at ~18 years old. I believe that's the average "peak" age for thai fighters. Sangmanee was 16 when he became big iirc. Gingsanglek was 15-16 I believe.
I think that depends on the weight class. Lower weight classes generally peak earlier. I doubt the average thai fighter peaks at 18 years old for fights at over 130 lbs. You could argue many of the top guys over 130 lbs were at their peak already at 18 years old, but from what i can ser these weight classes aren’t dominated by 18 year olds. Sangmanee, Superlek, Yodlekpet, Pet U Thong, Muangthai, Kulabdam, Saeksan, Nuenglanglek, Petnamngam all look like over 20 years old to me.

next friday at lumpinee! some pretty good matchups here

46921944_997971777052592_5518145532037431296_n.jpg

I think that depends on the weight class. Lower weight classes generally peak earlier. I doubt the average thai fighter peaks at 18 years old for fights at over 130 lbs. You could argue many of the top guys over 130 lbs were at their peak already at 18 years old, but from what i can ser these weight classes aren’t dominated by 18 year olds. Sangmanee, Superlek, Yodlekpet, Pet U Thong, Muangthai, Kulabdam, Saeksan, Nuenglanglek, Petnamngam all look like over 20 years old to me.

Good point. One could argue these guys aren't on their peak anymore though (maybe only Yodlekpet). But still, Panpayak, Yodwicha, Puenkon, Sangmanee all peaked around 18 years old (under 130 lbs).

Apparently Liam Harrison is fighting Phetmorrakot on OneFC soon. It wil be an interesting matchup. A couple of months ago i would have thought liam barely has a chance of winning, but after Phetmorrakot lost to some akward fighter i never heard of before, i'm not so sure anymore. Stylistically Phetmorrakot should still have a big advantage.

Apparently Liam Harrison is fighting Phetmorrakot on OneFC soon. It wil be an interesting matchup. A couple of months ago i would have thought liam barely has a chance of winning, but after Phetmorrakot lost to some akward fighter i never heard of before, i'm not so sure anymore. Stylistically Phetmorrakot should still have a big advantage.
Ramazanov looked great in that fight.

he was supposed to fight on the last one event but had to pull out to attend a funeral back home...i guess this is the fight he was talking about taking on short notice?

Back