Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Smaller purse there's less to worry about when dropping out. Million dollar fights, guys will fight with an injury but if something goes wrong (which is not unusual when training hard) leading up to a show where you're gonna make like 5k max i don't think the motivation is there. Happens all the time in local scene muay thai kb boxing etc

Miles Simson vs. Sudsakorn
[YT]8NDzGRpSnBI[/YT]

I doubt that's it. These guys are fighting more often than any other combat sport out there. I gaurantee they take fights with injuries.

Fought just a few days ago against Tuanpae. He won by TKO after Tuanpae suffered what looks like a serious arm injury. Only saw a photo, so not sure if it was from kicks or something else.

Tuanpae dislocated his shoulder

100k baht(a normal purse for a high level fighter in thailand) is a good money in thailand,a guy dont pull out with a good motivation for it...

Well guess so yea. They did give him a trophy and took all kinds of photos, shoulda been a clue :D

The Isuzu tournament has been garbage. Everyone is just a blown up lightweight. Yodkhunpon's path has especially been pathetic as all 3 of his opponents looked scared and didn't really do anything. Diesellek isn't the fighter he was a few years ago, but at least he doesn't fight scared, and he should beat Yodkhunpon. Its down to 4 now? One of them is Por Tor Tor Petruangrung, and the other may be Mongkolchai Petsuapan.

I think if I remember right Mongkolchai pulled out from the tournament a little while back

Well I know they're all tough as nails and wouldn't mind fighting through an injury but think about it, if they double down on the injury by chance during the fight that'll lead to a longer layoff than if they skip the one fight and are back in action in a few weeks once the injury has lessened. Ionno just my 2cents

Does anyone know how old Littewada Sittikul is? Hes one of my favorite fighters at the moment.

jomthong is fighting in the main event of next weeks super muay thai live!

this is the main event from today with superbon
[YT]nUHmxfdCXhM[/YT]

Sam-A is the goat pad kicker.

Yeah Sam-A got that speed! I might be going to Petchyindee in a few weeks. Not sure, its a bit pricey. Either Petchyindee or Jitmuangnon. Would love to video Panpayak on the pads.

Would be great if you could post some footage there indeed... If you decide to go to Petchyindee, video of Nong-O would be greatly appreciated, I wasn't that satisfied with Timo's... I need more!

Good to see Buakaw getting his fighters into K1. Superbons fight is up on Facebook if you go on to the Banchamek Gym FB page. Waiting on the others. Superbon looked good but cant tell yet how good he will be in K1.

Crazy, Sam-A's leg is just a blur when he's rapid fire kicking the pads. He's got superhuman speed.

does por pramuk gym still have any good fighters?

Always liked petchtanongs style. Superbon looked impressive aswell

Too much information, but ya kick catch rallies are awesome.

does por pramuk gym still have any good fighters?

I dont hear about them since Buakaw left them,and i dont see guys fighting under Por Pramuk name on Big stadiums for some time too.

Saw Jomthong will fight on the "super muay thai" promotion on the 5th... Or was it king's cup? Anyway looks like a cool promotion with Superbon in it couple of days(?) ago... Dno if it has been posted here yet

Edit: shit already posted

they still have fighters and still promote, but mainly younger, lower weight fighters coming through

Saw Jomthong will fight on the "super muay thai" promotion on the 5th... Or was it king's cup? Anyway looks like a cool promotion with Superbon in it couple of days(?) ago... Dno if it has been posted here yet

Edit: shit already posted

it's buakaw's promotion, every saturday live on on workpointTv 16-18.00 thai time.
(edited the latest card above)

Will they end up fighting each other? Also how good is superbon?

my guess is they are going to keep them on opposite sides of the brackets but you never know with kunlun. both qualified for final 8 but who knows if that is a one night tournament or two 4mans with winners fighting. Hell they could do single fights from here on out since this wasn't a tournament today

EaHHZCV.jpg

Always liked petchtanongs style. Superbon looked impressive aswell

Petchtanong is great but feel like he needs to learn to stop clinching so much if he wants any real success in K1

This is why I love Muay Thai!

The other day I saw a photo of Jaroensap Kiatbanchong posing with his Lumpini titles, and he also had a framed certificate with the Olympic rings which led me to believe he was in the Olympics. I couldn't find out if he was, but when I was checking out Olympic results I found out Isara Sakkreerin got a bronze in the 1992 Olympics! Who knew that? Turns out he was a pretty good amateur boxer. Isara was a Lumpini champion and had a dominant win over Dekkers in 1990.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkhom_Chenglai

The last notable Por Pramuk fighter I can remember seeing was Pajonsuk, and it's been a couple years since I last noticed him in the stadiums.

From what i've seen, petchtanong rarely gets tagged clean by punches, but he kinda relies on "kick-clinch-knee" which is effective but might not score alot in kickboxing rules?

[YT]qL9eMjKm6HQ[/YT]

sprinter bringing the heat as always.

I really like pajonsuk. What years did he train at por pramuk?

This is why I love Muay Thai!

The other day I saw a photo of Jaroensap Kiatbanchong posing with his Lumpini titles, and he also had a framed certificate with the Olympic rings which led me to believe he was in the Olympics. I couldn't find out if he was, but when I was checking out Olympic results I found out Isara Sakkreerin got a bronze in the 1992 Olympics! Who knew that? Turns out he was a pretty good amateur boxer. Isara was a Lumpini champion and had a dominant win over Dekkers in 1990.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkhom_Chenglai
I actually knew that :icon_lol:

I searched for some old Songchai DVDs and in his fight against Nokweed Devy he was written down as Arkhom. So I had to check who the hell Arkhom is, so I Wiki'd that - and surprise surprise, Arkhom was a boxer that was also known by the name Isara Sakkreerin during his MT career :icon_chee

i don't think he plans on doing kb. he fought under mt rules today

If he fought under MuayThai rules why did the ref keep giving him warnings about clinching? Unless it was MT rules without clinching which makes no sense.

Will they end up fighting each other? Also how good is superbon?

He is a good fighter and has been fighting internationally for years but has gone largely unnoticed.

He also had a short run at lightweight where he beat Kaew and Singdam but I guess he grew out of it quickly.

I actually knew that :icon_lol:

I searched for some old Songchai DVDs and in his fight against Nokweed Devy he was written down as Arkhom. So I had to check who the hell Arkhom is, so I Wiki'd that - and surprise surprise, Arkhom was a boxer that was also known by the name Isara Sakkreerin during his MT career :icon_chee

Fucker!

:)

Think I have that Songchai tape too. Its the one dedicated to the olympic boxers that also fought in Muay Thai. I remember there was one fight where a young Saenchai went back and forth trading punches with an olympic boxer and had him hurt at one point. Funnily enough most of the thai fighters that were successful in boxing fought in a fairly typical thai style under thai rules.

Back