Recipe Bro's get in here!!

Rob_M.

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I need some good crock pot recipes that you like. I agreed to take over cooking dinner for the fam'. I can do spaghetti and some rice dishes but I want it to be done when I get home. Cook at me bro'!!

Do some tacos. Pork butt or beef roast will shred well after a day of cooking. Add some latin spices or a package of old el paso of you are in a hurry.

Come home, throw on some tortillas. Bam.

Hey everybody, it's Blue Apron!
bill-burr-cooking-show.png

Any advice worth mentioning would just be a variation of this right here.

Do some tacos. Pork butt or beef roast will shred well after a day of cooking. Add some latin spices or a package of old el paso of you are in a hurry.

Come home, throw on some tortillas. Bam.

Mine would be an asian version by using soy sauce, ginger, star anise, garlic, onion, vinegar and pineapple juice. Shred, add some chopped spring onions and cilantro. You can served it on top of noodles or rice.

Crockpot is easy. Put in a whole chicken, a can of pineapple chunks with the juice, some curry powder and chicken broth. Let it go all day on slow. Throw in some root vegges like carrots, some potatoes and you have whole meal in a pot.

BBQ chicken is the easy one - just throw in seasoned chicken, cover with bbq sauce and you’re good to go.

I make some pretty good crockpot meatballs but they’re sort of a pain. First, I make the meatballs by hand and then cook them in the oven for like 5-7 minutes to get them browned. I use lots of fresh garlic and ginger in the meatballs and then pretty basic ingredients otherwise. Then I put them in the crockpot with a sauce of soy, brown sugar, chili flake, tapatio and hoisin. Making the meatballs is just a bit time consuming.

Pork butts / shoulder do well in a crock pot. Slice up a couple of onions layer the bottom of the pot, then toss in the pork. Season the pork first...pork does very well with just salt and pepper. Cook until the pork is very tender and easily shredded with a fork...on low you're probably looking at about 8-10 hours.

White Chicken Chili.

Store bought Rotisserie chicken (pulled )
1can corn drained
2 cans of great northern beans rinsed and drain
2 cans of Rotell w/ diced chili’s
2 cans chicken broth or bouillon reconstituted
Add Monterrey cheese 8 oz.
Cook for four hours on high add 8oz sour cream at 3 1/2 hour mark.
Stir mix and serve with saltines.

Look up the tastiest sounding slow cook beef stew or pot roast recipe. They're all good.

I do a Portuguese chicken which is awesome. It's fiddly AF but we'll worth it. I will check my cookbook and get back. You make a paste with chilli, lemon, paprika, oregano plus a few other ingredients and then push it under the skin of a whole chicken. Put a lemon in the cavity and slow cook for 6 - 8 hours. It's awesome.

Just get a pressure cooker and do anything a crockpot can do in about 30 minutes or less.

Pork butts / shoulder do well in a crock pot. Slice up a couple of onions layer the bottom of the pot, then toss in the pork. Season the pork first...pork does very well with just salt and pepper. Cook until the pork is very tender and easily shredded with a fork...on low you're probably looking at about 8-10 hours.

Do you put any liquid at the bottom of the pot so it doesn't stick?

I just checked the calendar and it's still officially Summer

WTF you doing with that avatar?

Just get a pressure cooker and do anything a crockpot can do in about 30 minutes or less.

My mother-in-law is supposed to let me borrow hers. I tried it a few times but couldn't quite get the hang of it and how the timing works. It was the instapot I was using.

Back