Recipe Bro's get in here!!

I do a Portuguese chicken which is awesome. It's fiddly AF but we'll worth it. I will check my cookbook and get back. You make a paste with chilli, lemon, paprika, oregano plus a few other ingredients and then push it under the skin of a whole chicken. Put a lemon in the cavity and slow cook for 6 - 8 hours. It's awesome.

will watch for it!

White Chicken Chili.

Store bought Rotisserie chicken (pulled )
1can corn drained
2 cans of great northern beans rinsed and drain
2 cans of Rotell w/ diced chili’s
2 cans chicken broth or bouillon reconstituted
Add Monterrey cheese 8 oz.
Cook for four hours on high add 8oz sour cream at 3 1/2 hour mark.
Stir mix and serve with saltines.

This sounds really good!

Do you put any liquid at the bottom of the pot so it doesn't stick?

Nope, the onions on the bottom keep the meat from touching the bottom, and they also offer a great aromatic aroma to the dish. Pork butt / shoulder is full of so much moisture that you should have at least an inch or two of juices at the bottom after the cook.

Get four good sized chunks of beef shin, around 200g each. Brown them off, remove from the pan and sweat down three large sliced onions. Put the beef back in the pot, cover with a mixture of beef stock and Guinness, put the lid on and put it in a low oven for a few hours. About 45 minutes before you want to eat chuck some big chunks of potato on top of everything else and stick it back in the oven, I’d recommend serving with broccoli, cavelo nero or Savoy cabbage, along with the remainder of the four pack of Guinness...

Nope, the onions on the bottom keep the meat from touching the bottom, and they also offer a great aromatic aroma to the dish. Pork butt / shoulder is full of so much moisture that you should have at least an inch or two of juices at the bottom after the cook.
I do this when I make pulled pork. Onion platforms.

I've brought this to many parties, and always come home with an empty crockpot.

Italian Chicken
3lbs breast
2-3 packets italian dressing seasoning
Large jar sliced pepporocinis or banana peppers

Place chicken in crock. Add seasoning and full jar of peppers with at least half the jar of juice. Cook low 3.5 hours. Remove pepper rings and the chicken. Shred the chicken and put back in the crock.

I usually serve with Hawaiian mini subs for bread and provolone for those who want cheese.

A small amount of traditional italian beef au jous can work well too.

Can't go wrong with hookers and cocaine

• 1 tbsp butter

• 8 chicken thighs (or fillets if you prefer)
  • 8 spring onions, cut into lengths
  • 150ml chicken stock
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp double cream or crème fraîche
  • 100g frozen peas
Brown the chicken for a couple min in the butter on a grill or pan, then slightly brown the spring onions. Add mustard stock and honey. 4hrs, then add double cream and frozen peas, cook for further 15min.

Fucking tasty and easy as fuck.

Pork butts / shoulder do well in a crock pot. Slice up a couple of onions layer the bottom of the pot, then toss in the pork. Season the pork first...pork does very well with just salt and pepper. Cook until the pork is very tender and easily shredded with a fork...on low you're probably looking at about 8-10 hours.

I agree season and sear the meat on all sides first before being braised in a crock pot. Might as well cut the skin off it in a crock pot. The meat its just gonna become rubber. if the skin is left on that will become like rubber not that actual meat.

I've found that whatever I make in a crock pot tends to do much better in a dutch oven. It'll have way more flavor and browning and the surface of the meat will have a nice crust without being tough. I've made barbacoa, taco chicken, pot roast, pork shoulder, even vegetable stew.

I've tried instant pot with good results (better than crock pot, not as good as dutch oven) but they're so finicky I don't like dealing with them.

Of course, the dutch oven is probably the least convenient, which is the point of this thread. But, if you're meal planning/making stuff ahead of time (like on a Sunday), you might appreciate the results a bit more.

I've found that whatever I make in a crock pot tends to do much better in a dutch oven. It'll have way more flavor and browning and the surface of the meat will have a nice crust without being tough. I've made barbacoa, taco chicken, pot roast, pork shoulder, even vegetable stew.

I've tried instant pot with good results (better than crock pot, not as good as dutch oven) but they're so finicky I don't like dealing with them.

Of course, the dutch oven is probably the least convenient, which is the point of this thread. But, if you're meal planning/making stuff ahead of time (like on a Sunday), you might appreciate the results a bit more.

I love my dutch oven. I use it all the time.

Lots of good shit her recipe bro's!!! Gonna do some copying and pasting in a notepad for next week.

White Chicken Chili.

Store bought Rotisserie chicken (pulled )
1can corn drained
2 cans of great northern beans rinsed and drain
2 cans of Rotell w/ diced chili’s
2 cans chicken broth or bouillon reconstituted
Add Monterrey cheese 8 oz.
Cook for four hours on high add 8oz sour cream at 3 1/2 hour mark.
Stir mix and serve with saltines.

Trying this on Monday :)

Back