Recommend me some Country music

all caps

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm sure this thread has been done before but..

I like to say "I listen to everything - except country" but I'd like to change that. I know theres some country music I would enjoy, I just dont know where to look.

I enjoy hip hop, rock, death metal, grunge, and all the sub genres in between. Songs that speak about the world, history, the future, whatever. Just not fantasy or pop type stuff (dont get me wrong, there is a time and place for this as well) - but right now, I dont need feel good or dance music.

Any ideas?

Got you bro.

Much like rock music, start with the classics

They are famous for a reason.

I love all of the highwaymen.
Nelson
Cash
Christopherson
Jennings

90s guys like Straight and Brooks are amazing. I'll like some videos of my favourites from these artists later when I get home

Excellent album just released this year -

Very old school in it's influences

Another good modern artist:

Stuff like this is as good as any other folk music, it is singing about real, honest stuff, or as a youtube comment puts it not "singing about drinking cold beer out of a yeti cooler in the back of a brand new lifted 4x4 while calling himself a redneck. (Also known as pop garbage)."

Last edited:
I'll post a couple. We can go from there. Country is just like Rock, there's different types.

Dolly Parton GOAT IMO

I’m a hardcore country traditionalist, so my recommendations might not suit you, but the greatest ever in my opinion are
Hank Williams
Ray price
Webb pierce
Bill Anderson
Jim Reeves
Loretta Lynn
Connie Smith
Hank Thompson
Conway twitty
And the great Ernest Tubb

Bit of blues, bit of rock, a fuck ton of country soul

As pretty as they come (the song, i mean)

Last edited:
Johnny Rebel

Okay seriously- David Allen Coe, Charlie Daniels, and good ol Alabama. Cant go wrong with Merle Haggard, Hank Jr, Waylon Jennings either

Back