Recommend me some Country music

I'm sure this thread has been done before but..

I like to say "I listen to everything - except country" but I'd like to change that. I know theres some country music I would enjoy, I just dont know where to look.

I enjoy hip hop, rock, death metal, grunge, and all the sub genres in between. Songs that speak about the world, history, the future, whatever. Just not fantasy or pop type stuff (dont get me wrong, there is a time and place for this as well) - but right now, I dont need feel good or dance music.

Any ideas?
No mention of Waylon Jennings? Shame!
Classic country, its gotta be Waylon Jennings.

I like to say "I listen to everything - except country" but I'd like to change that. I know theres some country music I would enjoy, I just dont know where to look.

I enjoy hip hop, rock, death metal, grunge, and all the sub genres in between. Songs that speak about the world, history, the future, whatever. Just not fantasy or pop type stuff (dont get me wrong, there is a time and place for this as well) - but right now, I dont need feel good or dance music.

Any ideas?

@Jackonfire

Got you bro.

Much like rock music, start with the classics

They are famous for a reason.

I love all of the highwaymen.
Nelson
Cash
Christopherson
Jennings

90s guys like Straight and Brooks are amazing. I'll like some videos of my favourites from these artists later when I get home
Came here to recommend the Highwaymen, was not disappointed. For modern stuff, I really like Darius Rucker. It might be a little overplayed, but Wagon Wheel is one of my favorite songs of the past 10 years.

2uputd5.jpg

Any ideas?

<27>Don't get more cunntry, imo.

personal favorite

yes, it's Miley buy give it a listen

I think Chris Stapeltons last album is one of the best ever.

Lesser known
Hayes Carl

Obvious
Cash, Jennings, David Allan Coe, Haggard

GTA San Andreas, best song from K-Rose:

Never got into country music... I felt like I was too intellectual for it. It made me feel dumber when listening to it.

Any ideas?
Depends how you define country. This song is epic though, and has the power to make you feel retroactively nostalgic:

Back