recommend me some games

Armbars

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
im moving away from MMO's after a 12 year lock in WoW, time to go back to shooters. I used to play MOHAA on competitive ladders and played for team UK. So i do tend to go full nerd once i enjoy it.

What decent shooters are there out on PC?

How does Pubg fair up skill wise with games like MOHAA & CS:GO ?

League of legends!
It's free, chill fun loving community with a focus on being inclusive for newer players.

With a nice easy skill curve and great matchmaking it should be easy to get into.

My favorite thing about LOL is that there is hardly any time investment, I can just pop on for one game with enjoyable team mates and knock out a dozen or so ranked games in a fun flame free environment.

Sorry, thanks for the reply but I hate LoL. tried it several times and never got into it.

Get on that Overwatch train.
Honestly PUBG is a rewarding shooter in it's own way, but it's really not comparable to CS:GO. Some matches you'll spend minutes without seeing anyone, then suddenly boom, you walk around a corner and get shotgunned.
If you like the WWII theme Day Of Infamy is an amazing and affordable shooter.

League of legends!
It's free, chill fun loving community with a focus on being inclusive for newer players.

With a nice easy skill curve and great matchmaking it should be easy to get into.

My favorite thing about LOL is that there is hardly any time investment, I can just pop on for one game with enjoyable team mates and knock out a dozen or so ranked games in a fun flame free environment.

<[analyzed}>

I like the part where I flail knife at the last guy almost menacingly but every bf1 player knows I'm just f*cking up the bayonet button

Yeah, sound like you're after competitive shooters, so I'd say you'd want to start with the top eSports in that branch. Overwatch, in particular, unsurprisingly, integrates a large number of the mechanics to which you're accustomed (dots/hots/burst/cooldowns and other strategic elements of team cycling/synergy) with the more traditional competitive aspects of FPS:
  • CS:GO
  • Overwatch
  • Call of Duty: WWII
  • Crossfire
  • H1Z1
  • Quake: Champions
Not sure if you've seen any of the threads about Escape from Tarkov, but that game seems to be winning over a lot of the hardcores who gravitate towards not just the "twitch" style of shooters, such as MOHAA or the Battlefield series, but those which also attempt to simulate greater realism of firearm and physics reproduction. That game seems to be doing better than any other with the remnants of this audience outside of PUBG which is devouring pretty much everything. A friend of mine who is an RL badass (but casually games) hit me up about it over a year ago or so, and I shit on it, basically, telling him to keep his hopes down on the grounds that it was being developed by Russians, and how despite their reputation in the cybersecurity sector, they've basically never produced a videogame worth shit. I've been eating my words.

A similar game tracking well right now, though not an eSport, which also integrates aspects of survivalism, like you'd find in the Fallout series, but with real people (other online gamers) as your adversaries and allies, not bots, is Rust.

You might also consider the main competitor to PUBG, and the third most popular game in the world right now, behind League of Legends and PUBG: Fortnite. Not sure how you feel about third person in shooters, but it's probably a more intuitive perspective to you considering your WoW experience. It even boasts cross-platform play between the PS4 and PC crowds. The "Battle Royale" mode, in particular, is the popular one.

The one MOBA-type game you might try out is Smite, but if you hate the game style I doubt it will be for you. It basically puts you in the first-person perspective of the hero you play, instead of giving you the God's Eye view of the map, and shifts you into an FPS mode of shooter-style controls rather than the point-and-click style more suited to the traditional view.

Other than that: Rocket League.

*Edit* Oh yeah, lest we forget the biggest F2P PC gaming phenomenon of 2016:

Last edited:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege may be the competitive shooter for you.

Thanks Mick.

Also, i've downloaded this game on Steam; Battalion 1944
I have MOHAA COD nostalgia palpatations.
[yt]

Hearthstone: its a great card game from blizzard

Far Cry 5 when it launches this year

and of cours PUBG because its just too much fun, you gotta jump in there and experience it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back