RECTIFY TV series *MOD EDIT: If you are not watching this show YOU ARE DUMB. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rectify - Wiki
Rectify is an American television series created by Ray McKinnon in 2012 and is the first original series from Sundance Channel. It stars Aden Young, Adelaide Clemens, Abigail Spencer and Sean Bridgers. The series follows Daniel Holden, who is exonerated for a rape/murder charge after 19 years on Death row and returns to his hometown of Paulie, Georgia, where he must readjust to a new life. Sundance announced the series premiere will debut on April 22, 2013 at 10:00pm et/pt.

Has anyone been watching this? I caught the first two episodes and have really been enjoying it.

I'm guessing the pace may be way too slow for a lot of people, but the cast seems really solid and the writing is very good.

2cijin4.jpg

Looks very intriguing. I'll have to check it out, thanks.

TTT

There's been 3 episodes now. Many people enjoy it; I'm having a difficult time getting into it.

Anyone have opinions on this yet?

TTT

There's been 3 episodes now. Many people enjoy it; I'm having a difficult time getting into it.

Anyone have opinions on this yet?

I've only seen the first episode. It seems like a slow-burning show like Mad Men.

Anyone watch this show?

I like it. It's pretty slow paced but it's well written and well shot.

No but its deffo on my "to check out" list. I've heard good things about this and their other series Top of the Lake.

There's a thread already about this show with just a few posts. I don't know why, but there isn't a lot of interest in the 'Berry for this show. I, for one, really like it. It's slow pacing can and will turn many people off, though.

There's a thread already about this show with just a few posts. I don't know why, but there isn't a lot of interest in the 'Berry for this show. I, for one, really like it. It's slow pacing can and will turn many people off, though.

I think it's because it's on the Sundance channel.

Subtle, ambiguous and very well thought out.
It changed my perception in some very surprising ways and calmed me down a bit, which is much more than i would expect from a tv show.

I keep expecting him to get jumped and accidentally kill someone while he's trying to defend himself. I'm really enjoying his character though, he's really funny in parts and then I feel desperately sad for him in others.

I only heard about it because Aaron Paul tweeted saying it's from the producers of Breaking Bad.

The full season is out there already (Amazon, itunes, illegal stream). I really liked it and for a slow paced show it's surprisingly engrossing. It's a really intense show, I haven't seen anything with this much intensity since In Treatment.

Also Abigail Spencer (also a former Don Draper mistress) looked freaking hot in the show.

I checked out one ep and I thought the acting was good.

Just rewatched it and its still sublime, highly recommend it, especially now when pretty much every other show just ended or haven't started yet. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

Just rewatched it and its still sublime, highly recommend it, especially now when pretty much every other show just ended or haven't started yet. Do yourself a favor and watch it.
Thx for the reminder. Like you said, our dvr scheduler has flattened out what with most shows having finished. Just added it to my Netflix Queue.

I recently started Top of the Lake, but I'll watch out for reruns of this.

Back