Red Rising book series is GOAT. Movie in works, 4th book due in January

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C1-dVOEUcyS._SL250_FMpng_.png

“I live for the dream that my children will be born free,” she says. “That they will be what they like. That they will own the land their father gave them.”

“I live for you,” I say sadly.

Eo kisses my cheek. “Then you must live for more.”

Darrow is a Red, a member of the lowest caste in the color-coded society of the future. Like his fellow Reds, he works all day, believing that he and his people are making the surface of Mars livable for future generations. Yet he spends his life willingly, knowing that his blood and sweat will one day result in a better world for his children.

But Darrow and his kind have been betrayed. Soon he discovers that humanity reached the surface generations ago. Vast cities and lush wilds spread across the planet. Darrow—and Reds like him—are nothing more than slaves to a decadent ruling class.

Inspired by a longing for justice, and driven by the memory of lost love, Darrow sacrifices everything to infiltrate the legendary Institute, a proving ground for the dominant Gold caste, where the next generation of humanity’s overlords struggle for power. He will be forced to compete for his life and the very future of civilization against the best and most brutal of Society’s ruling class. There, he will stop at nothing to bring down his enemies . . . even if it means he has to become one of them to do so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i don't know how to be more clear about this, but this is the best series i have ever read, and it isn't even close. I don't read a book series twice, but i read this one three times, and have listened to it on audiobook four more times.

In the first quarter of the first book, this story hooks you when Darrow is forced to pull the feet of his father and wife, to help hang them because the gravity on Mars isn't strong enough to do the job, and then the real story starts. You will be introduced to genetically engineered color castes. Golds rule, and for good reason, their intellect and physical prowess is impressive. 7 feet tall 350lbs of pure tactical genius. They were engineered to rule. Obsidian's were engineered to fight, the blues engineered to work with machines and logic, purples are for art, pinks for pleasure, and reds for labor.

Most people i have gotten to check this series out have done so through audiobook, and everyone of them has said it is the best book series they have ever experienced.

If you have read this or listened to it, how excited are you for the 4th book Iron Gold, due out in January. I'm honestly worried as well as excited. The 3rd book was wrapped up so well that i worry if a continued series can live up to the first 3 books. I guess i will find out soon.

When this book is released as a movie, in works no date for it, this series will blow up. This will get the Game of Thrones treatment at some point, because it is a better story, i say this loving GoT.

discuss.......

I haven't read any of it, but its already a better love story than Twilight.

I haven't read any of it, but its already a better love story than Twilight.

A peerless scarred gold would kick the shit out of one of those pussy vampires.

Peerless scarred destroy planets, and bring iron rain.

I wouldn't really call this a love story. It is a love story in the same way braveheart was a love story.

A peerless scarred gold would kick the shit out of one of those pussy vampires.

Peerless scarred destroy planets, and bring iron rain.

I wouldn't really call this a love story. It is a love story in the same way braveheart was a love story.
Braveheart was a love story though.

is this book, like, for adolescents?
might it star a Jennifer lawrence equivalent?
does it have you go girl moments?

Hmm I don't mind some YA, but most is garbage, however I see some don't consider this YA. Might give it a go.

4th book? I thought this series ended when they killed the Jackal and Octavia. Weird, what's gonna happen next?

i like sci fi, is this a Divergent clone?

Caste based society, Chosen one as hero, love triangle, big bad overlord and a great mistery that surrounds it all?

Thought thread was about

912bd93fb88269a211.jpg

Leaving disappointed.

First 1 1/2 books were amazing. the second half of the trilogy loses a step. The story becomes predictable and jumps around too much.

i like sci fi, is this a Divergent clone?

Caste based society, Chosen one as hero, love triangle, big bad overlord and a great mistery that surrounds it all?

That stories been done many times before Divergent.

Brave New World, Logan's Run, 1984, Rollerball, Hunger Games etc

I've just ordered this first book to check it out.

That stories been done many times before Divergent.

Brave New World, Logan's Run, 1984, Rollerball, Hunger Games etc

I've just ordered this first book to check it out.

the original Rollerball is one of my favourites of all time, its too good.

Logan's Run is great too, im not saying that retelling the same story in a different way is bad, im just trying to get it without reading too much detail

I'll give it go. Hope the ruling class crushes the labor class as nature intended.

Back