Red Rising book series is GOAT. Movie in works, 4th book due in January

If this is going to be a movie, it will need a very VERY big budget to do it justice. No half-assed shit like the dark tower movie.

If this is going to be a movie, it will need a very VERY big budget to do it justice. No half-assed shit like the dark tower movie.

yep, i think it should be GoT like, without a big budget production its gonna look like a massive joke and it will rape the book, like Starship Troopers movie did to the book, or the second movie, and the third, they are all so bad

also not wanna sound like a dick but i think Michael Bay could put the energy this has into the screen, he did it in 13 hours, granted its not the same but i like that movie

I just finished Iron Gold and Dark Age is out in a couple of weeks.

Anyone else up to date?

I just finished Iron Gold and Dark Age is out in a couple of weeks.

Anyone else up to date?

Yep! One of the greatest sci-fi series of all time! I listened to the audiobooks and even the narrator was awesome. It gets a 10/10 from me.

Forgot Dark Age was coming out soon! I didn't enjoy Iron Gold as much as the books in the first trilogy, but I still thought it was a great read. I need to go back and read it again before Dark Age comes out. Read through the first 3 books twice and listened again on audio and agree with Zach, the narration for these books is amazing.

If anyone is looking for another great scifi read after Red Rising, check out The Expanse. I'm just about done with book 5, and the whole series has been amazing. Book 8 dropped recently with 9 books planned in all, so 3 trilogy arcs. Going to finish the second trilogy and wait out the last 3 books until book 9's release date gets a little closer. They've foreshadowed a ton what I believe the series is driving to in the finale, and it would dive me bonkers to read through book 8, just to have to wait a year to see it come to an end. I just want to marathon through. Just glad GRRM is writing them.

Gonna get Dark Age the audiobook since it’s available faster than the book that I will get of course, I’m hyped

I got Dark Age coming in the post today, first time I'd preordered a book in years.

I got Dark Age coming in the post today, first time I'd preordered a book in years.

Pumped for Dark Age. Giving Iron Gold another read and should be done tonight so I can start the next book tomorrow.

also...
No way is Cassius dead!

Moving forward into the rest of the series, the only character I care if they die is Sevro, and by extension Victra. He's the only one I want to see with a happy ending. I imagine Darrow will die for the cause by the end and I'm okay with that. When I thought Sevro died at the end of book 3 I was crushed, and damn near jumped out of my chair when came back.

Last edited:
A peerless scarred gold would kick the shit out of one of those pussy vampires.

Peerless scarred destroy planets, and bring iron rain.

I wouldn't really call this a love story. It is a love story in the same way braveheart was a love story.

Braveheart is one of the best love stories of all time. You kill Mel Gibson's wife and he goes to war with a global superpower.

Just finished up a second reading of Iron Gold and glad I did. There was a ton of specifics that I forgot about that seem will be major plot points moving forward.

Started up Dark Age and only got through the prologue. Big opening sequence which I expected after how they left off in Iron Gold and they...

already killed off Tongueless. I thought for sure he would stick around for a while and get some back story on an interesting character. Like how he ended up in the cell and his motivations for siding with Darrow, but it would have been to clean if no one died and the rest of the crew seem much more important to the story moving forward. Such is the life of an Obsidian.

Introduced a nasty new villain which should make for some great battles.

Need to re-read the series...

Finally finished this up last night. Great book, probably my favorite in the series now. The tone is very different in Dark Age compared to the first trilogy, and even Iron Gold. There was a war raging in the first series, but that felt really light and upbeat compared to Dark Age. The mood is really heavy and brutal, with the ongoing war really taking it's toll on all the characters. Up until now all of the battles have been from Darrow's POV, but with the new format of multiple characters POV you get to experience what it's like being on the business end of the Reapers razor and it's pretty great.

They killed off sssssoooo many characters in this book, new and old alike. Not just huge numbers either because there is a war going on, but 1st and 2nd line characters, some of which were really heart breaking. Probably more in this book than all of the other books in the series combined. It didn't end on a huge cliff hanger like Golden Son did in the first trilogy, but things are looking pretty grim. Can't wait for the last book to see how it ends and who makes it to the finish line.

Hmm I don't mind some YA, but most is garbage, however I see some don't consider this YA. Might give it a go.
I think it qualifies as YA fiction, but it's still fun enough to read. Broadly speaking, I'd put it in the same category as something like Alita: Battle Angel in that it's about a young person (or at least someone with a young person's sensibilities) conflicting with the status quo. It feels similar to young adult fiction in how characters beat the odds and develop relationships (there's also some corny macho stuff), but I felt like it was a pretty readable sci-fi adventure series. I was pretty happy to keep on reading, although I'm not that interested in continuing the story further than I already have.

Edit: Ha! I didn't realize how old this post was, and I'm assuming you've either looked into it or read it by now. Disregard.

I think it qualifies as YA fiction, but it's still fun enough to read. Broadly speaking, I'd put it in the same category as something like Alita: Battle Angel in that it's about a young person (or at least someone with a young person's sensibilities) conflicting with the status quo. It feels similar to young adult fiction in how characters beat the odds and develop relationships (there's also some corny macho stuff), but I felt like it was a pretty readable sci-fi adventure series. I was pretty happy to keep on reading, although I'm not that interested in continuing the story further than I already have.

Edit: Ha! I didn't realize how old this post was, and I'm assuming you've either looked into it or read it by now. Disregard.
Forgot about it, but just bought book 1.

Can't wait to watch it

Seriously, the books were fantastic

Probably around the same time that union busting, and being "for the middle class" was conflated.

lol

Unions also have a nasty habit of piling up insane debt, stuffing the pockets of powerful corrupt politicians and mobsters alike in turn for favors on killing competition for contracts, and striking on command to serve their masters agenda while leaving the burden of paying for it all at the middle classes feet and holding an entire state hostage with all that crippling debt. They don’t give two shits about the middle class.

There are judges, teachers, and politicians in these unions that will make far more in retirement than they made while working and more than they put in.

See Illinois if you need an example.

Back