Reebok pay is gone. It's now promotion, conduct and outfitting.

Well, I guess Bellator's getting some new fighters.

Give me a source for this. Because last I can recall from that podcast is Schaub talking out his ass, Schaub saying he can produce proof, and then it was never heard of again.
As opposed to forum-dwellers talking like they know how much fighters used to make from sponsors pre-Reebok?
https://mmainsight.com/news/dana-wh...ing-100000-from-sponsors-joe-rogan-says-he-is

When you consider that Belfort missed out on millions because of the Reebok deal, it makes Schaub's sponsorship easy to believe.
https://www.mmamania.com/2015/11/11...millions-reduced-fighting-career-to-hobby-mma

I wish Tencent Holdings bought UFC. They have more than enough money to buy it because their net worth now is $200 billion. The great thing about Tencent is the fact that they let their companies do whatever they want. They don't fire people unlike WME-IMG. Look at Riot Games (League of Legends) they earn $1.7 B annual revenue and they are just selling skins - 100% digital non-existent product.

Can't wait to see fighters get punished for having non-PC opinions on Twitter. Yay!

Either grow some balls and form a union or get fucked, simple as that. I'm not going to give slightest shit if these goofs are too fucking stupid to figure that out.

Don’t like it then don’t sign the bout agreement you fuckin goof!

This is not a very good response. Fighters don't have enough leverage to force the UFC to provide reasonable terms in their contracts. (and let's not even get started on how bad Bellator is). Fighters sign them anyway, because they don't have much choice if they want to be a fighter. But that doesn't elevate the contract to some plane where it can't be criticized by fans or complained about by the fighters.

Thabks for the link TS. I hadn’t seen this.

But am I the only one who feels like TS is making a mountain out of a molehill?

I have little doubt the UFC made a policy change that didn’t help fighters. I get that.

But compared to the mandatory likeness rights policy changes, sponsor tax, and a handful of other financial policy changes over the years, on a scale of 1 to “UFC fucked over the fighters again”, this feels like it’s about a 1.5....

It's all in the execution. Taking what was guaranteed pay and making it contingent on other factors determined by the UFC could be a big deal if they aren't reasonable terms.

Lets burn it down and start over

#BellatorRevolution!

Damn. Looks like they are trying to make more ways to fuck people out of their terrible Reebok sponsor money with this fighter code of conduct malarky being tied to it. One wrong butthurt tweet, Late for press, Say the wrong thing to Rogan after a fight, Or god forbid swear on a fox card and they can kiss their money goodbye.

This is bad. It was already terrible but now it is a fight just to get that damn money. I swear they want everyone but Conor to be silent and obedient rock em sock em robots..

No wonder why the talent pool is getting slim and prospects are non existent. It will only get worse with this system in place. :eek:

The U.S. law on this is based on a preponderance of evidence. It's absolutely a check in the employee box, but there's no single policy that means yes/no you are an employee/contractor. The law in the U.S. on this is pretty bad, which is why it's constantly being litigated. I'm not the biggest fan of U.K. law, but they handle this much better. You can go onto an online government website, answer a series of questions, and it'll plug it into an algorithm and spit out a legally binding decision as to whether it's an employee or independent contractor arrangement. In the U.S., you pretty much have to file a lawsuit and go before a judge to get a binding decision.

Yes. But giving how you have to behave now, what you have to dress and what you are allowed to do and what not do would check all boxes even in the US, wouldn't it?

yeh, they are far better off getting 1k/1k in Bellator

people are queing up to get in the UFC..

The UFC is really good right now for nonames who don't get paid outside of the UFC. If you have a name and are not the champ/Conor/Sage or somebody who has a nice contract despite being aweful (Josh Burkmann - lost 5 out of 6 and still gets paid 71k with Reebok), it's better to be in Bellator.

I really wanna see the reasoning behind this and someone trying to defend it.
when rebook was first introduced and dana was told by literally fucking everyone on the planet that this screws the fighters over and it's a shitty deal... he responded with "what are you talking about? this is a great deal for rebook, you goofs!"

white is a master of playing dumb. he should really get into politics.

All sponsors; it demonstrates how terrible the Reebok deal was if a fighter outside the top ten can get at least $100,000 per fight, but the deal was never brokered with the fighters in mind, it was brokered to make the UFC look more mainstream and less like a niche product so that when they sold the company they'd get a better offer.

I think there's a lot of ppl who don't get what's going on here...

Firstly, I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't 6 figures per fight so to speak.. maybe averaged out with shorts, posters, ads, endorsements.. etc..

If u have fighters wearing ur gear and they write a big FucKk next to the Reebok name, the company has the right to withhold money.

If someone's reeboked out and says, these clothes I'm wearing should be burned and shit on with the rest of these stupid (insert race here) ... Reebok can withhold money

Nothing new here folks

Move along

If u have fighters wearing ur gear and they write a big FucKk next to the Reebok name, the company has the right to withhold money.

If someone's reeboked out and says, these clothes I'm wearing should be burned and shit on with the rest of these stupid (insert race here) ... Reebok can withhold money

Nothing new here folks
Except that's not happening and it's not Reebok withholding any money, it's the UFC. Reebok was never giving out checks to individual fighters, the money was always in UFC's hands and they distributed it out.

Fighters have always known they can't talk shit about Reebok, which is why the subject has always been very vague when asked about it. The only ones who are vocal about it are the ones who leave to another org, inactive fighters, and those with a big enough name that they can't be too harshly effected by consequences - which isn't many.

First National Labor board has to rule them employees after they petition the governemnt. That will take a couple years. Then they can unionize if ruled affirmative. With >50% of vote.

Basically it's not easy process which is why it has not been done.

I think there's a lot of ppl who don't get what's going on here...

Firstly, I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't 6 figures per fight so to speak.. maybe averaged out with shorts, posters, ads, endorsements.. etc..
Schaub showed Rogan his tax returns to prove it (because Dana publicly called Schaub a liar). Belfort was making millions from sponsors, so Schaub making $100,000 is easy to believe. It's ironic that you claim that people don't know what's going on, then proceed to claim (without any kind of evidence whatsoever) that you know what Schaub's financials look like, and that he couldn't possibly be making that much.

Back